Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Providence, Wellard - Awaiting PCI

Page 19 of 20
Uurgh I keep forgetting to ask how the new job is going
Hope it and Uni are going along well, it won't be long until you are in your house and you can relax a bit

I did see some carpet/underlay offcuts out the front of your place but don't remember seeing the carpet inside (while I was stalking
)

aimees88
I actually told my mum I don't have time to pack or move and she said "don't worry, I will be packing your stuff and moving you myself"

I LOVE this
I have no doubt my Mum & Dad probably think the same haha!

aimees88
Should be getting a PCI date next week.

Woohoo, how exciting
That wasn't my carpet, it had just been dumped there (along with someones cupboard!) and it has since been stolen

The new job is good, always hard starting something new and feeling useless. I didn't time the whole new job/uni/building a house/partner doing FIFO really well!
Hi Aimees,

Can you please PM me the sparky number.

Thanks
Aimees88 do you have any pics of your tiling? The perspective white and black?
We are using them too so would love to see how they look? Thanks a million
Wow PCI soon thats sooooo exciting!!
So sorry to hear about the tiling issue. Its SO frustrating when they dont take the time to explain all the options to clients, especially first home builders. But like everyone else said, once you get the white paint on there no one will ever notice.
AIMEE...... Do you have your PCI date yet??

Have you seen the landscaping people? Our 2doors down neighbours have already had their landscaping meeting and they are behind us
Gosh i need to update when I get home!! Yes, met with landscapers on Monday. Just getting whatever for now so we have a front yard but once in and settled could rip it out. Getting the tree moved too!

Apparently Venture will do their pre PCI inspection by end of next week so I can expect PCI between 3rd - 10th April. We will see. Can't wait to go over the house with a fine tooth comb. Honestly atm I don't have time to even move haha so I am in no rush! Getting very close though

What about you Vetty?
Happy for you Aimee, April is so so close..
Hi aimees,
Do you get good choice of selection for front landscaping that comes with the land ?
Hi aimees,
Do you get good choice of selection for front landscaping that comes with the land ?
Woop Woop!!!! It's Easter very soon so that means APRIL!!!!

Not long to go now!! Will your OH be home for PCI?

Hope everything goes smoothly between now and then
I spied the glass guys at yours today

Will have to go have a look. My building inspector is probably going to be on annual leave for PCI so I need a new one! Vest - did you get anyone in?

Still waiting on roller door, carpet and mirrors/sshower screen so maybe that's done. Not really sure what else at this point. I am guessing end if next week it'll be done so PCI booked for the week after maybe?
ok so.... we get a dishwasher included apparently.... but there doesn't seem to be a PowerPoint for it!? I didn't even THINK about a bloody power plug so I hope Ventura did!
Aimee, do you have a GPO symbol at approx 700 on the kitchen cabinets around where the dishwasher is on the elec plan?
Surely they wouldn't forget the GPO for the dishwasher they are including

I drove past today but didn't even look properly so no idea if the garage went in haha though I'm sure the glass guys there yesterday were putting in Mirrors and Shower screens

Hopefully you book in PCI very soon
Hi Aimee, any updates, noticed a 4x4 in your driveway this am...
Sorry I haven't been on much - work and uni has me flat out!

So update on the house.... the never ending house haha

My building inspector is booked to go through next Wednesday - currently I don't have a door handle on a door, 2 x roller doors, insulation installed (?), a clean house and god knows what else. So I have a feeling in his inspection there will be a few items to knock off.

Ventura have been so slow. We were supposed to have a PCI date 3 - 4 weeks ago and still, no date. I have already found a few issues I want my inspector to chase up too.

I have been to busy to care, and don't have a rush in moving however I can see why people get so stressed out. I wish they wouldn't give a date if they had no intention of sticking to it!!

Anyway - carpet is in too... not much else has really been happening, just bits and bobs! They sure have a lot to do on Tuesday!!
Have you got/had PCI date yet??
Cannot understand why your house has taken so long when you were well in front of me and I had the builder do the internal painting and blinds o_0
Hope you get to move in soon (but after Exam time I'm guessing)

We had PCI Monday, keys Friday (maybe)! Oh you are telling me!!
Hi Aimee, I was also wondering what was happening with your build, glad you had your PCI, did they say when your fence will be installed?

Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum