Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

REDINK Build - NOR - Key Handover 3rd Oct!!!

Page 50 of 52
Found this one
http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/bosc ... vQodEA4AaA
Rosie i still can't do star jumps; ) damn pelvic floor! I really hope you can get that stuff fixed without a headache. I imagine there are all sorts of random things one won't ever know about until they've moved in. Good luck
Paving looks beautiful rosie - what a difference it makes to the front of your house. I reckon you're more tired with your second pregnancy and can't rest coz you have a wee toddler to run after. I was perfect with my first and by the third I wanted to crawl under a rock I felt that crook! My remedy was to suck on red icy poles on and off during the day! Another one to add to your try out list!! So sorry you feel so awful and hope it passes soon.
Paving looks awesome Rosie. Really makes the whole front come together a bit more. I'm so sorry to hear about your morning sickness, I unfortunately (or fortunately) can't relate yet but cam imagine it's not a pleasant feeling. Hope you feel better soon, thank god for everyone's advice
x
Hi all

Just about to have our handover with Redink and only just found this site! Not been an easy build but the end is in sight. Can I ask did your handover happen on site or at the Redink Head office?
Loooove your bedhead Rosie!
Ours is the same studded design but more contemporary

Our 'First Home' Build
viewtopic.php?t=72518

Check your plan because I thought all redink spaces are 610 . Which is bigger than normal as as you say most dishwashers are 600 .
congrats on the house!! Sorry...don't come on H1 very often but do enjoy seeing the pics. thanks for sharing.
Hi guys

It's been so long since my last post, today is the first day I haven't felt like being sick! This morning sickness has been crazy but I'm hoping today is the start of many better days to come

So the house
we have had an antenna installed yay, all our paving is complete. We got onto our dishwasher recess with the small opening, I really wasn't happy with just putting up with it and buying a slimline dishwasher, so the cabinet install manager came out to have a look, sure enough it's been I installed wrong and they are going to have to alter our one cupboard by 50mm. It's a pain but least it's getting sorted and we can buy a normal dishwasher

We haven't had any more issues though except one annoying thing is our grout problem in our bathrooms and laundry
it's patchy and uneven and no matter how often I mop it still looks untidy
not good for an OCD person haha but reading up about it looks like it's a common problem with dark grout, annoying!! Think we will mention it at our 6 month check though!

Hope everyone else's builds are flying along sorry for not being a good H1 family member lately just been a tough few months but I'm keeping a close eye on everyone's builds and so excited for those getting keys too
You poor thing! Glad you are feeling better though

Good to hear that the dishwasher recess will be fixed!!! That's an absolute bummer about the grouting though. Can't wait to see some more pics
Oh no! Hope that's the end to the morning sickness.
We'd love more pics once you are feeling up to it.
Glad you got your dishwasher recess sorted. I know I've checked mine because of your issue.

Very happy to hear that you're starting to feel better. Glad they're fixing the dishwasher recess. Hmmm keep reading about all these grout issues. I don't even remember what colour we chose but since our tiles are brownish i assume it'll be dark grout. Wonder if there's anything we can do about it.
So glad your feeling better . I think your best bet is to seal your grout .but the showers will always go white because of the water .but try peanut oil
In a spot . it works to keep the grout looking wet. So then your grout should look all one colour .
We sealed our grout before we used the showers and the dark grout has stayed dark. Congratulations and can't wait to see some moving in pics.
Sounds like you finally got off the boat rosie! You poor chick. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy everything a bit more now. Well done sorting out your dishwasher issue. I think they should have to inform people up front if there are inevitable problems with dark grout. There is a product called grout perfector that I saw someone talk about on here. May be worth a shot.
:-)
It very strange coz the shower that we are getting re sealed has stayed dark ( but have only been using it for a week .the shower that has been sealed has gone white .which I thought shouldn't happen so quick . might have to ask the question to the sealer guy when he comes out next week .
Geez so many grout problems - I can't remember what colour we chose!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so sick, hopefully it will end soon.
Thanks guys!
I'll add a few piccies for you guys but the house is still so unfinished so please ignore the junk everywhere

I forgot to say we also booked in kresta to do white timber blinds in all bedrooms and roller blinds in living areas with sheer curtains on top we've chosen a mocha colour and I'm really excited about it so can't wait for them to be installed
will be sure to post lots of pics when they are installed!

Annnnd we ordered a nice leather couch from freedom furniture called the Brooklyn it will go in our family living area by the kitchen and I'm hoping it might come in by Christmas
dining

our little view

kitchen
It looks so homely . how's the up keep of those living room tiles . oh love your kitchen print . and yes it is a beautiful kitchen .
Related
13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum