Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Advice needed for exterior colours.. plleeeasssseeee

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

We are building a home with Fairmont Homes. It isn't one of their standard plans. Anyway I am usually pretty good with colours and matching however the exterior of this home has got me stumped. We have picked the colours and I think I am happy but the shale grey is scaring me a little bit (mainly on the garage and front door) so would like some input. I also have an issue with the upstairs windows. With the exterior / upper floor the windows go to the eaves and stop quite short of the roof line - is this normal? I am worried it is not going to look that great (I like things to be in proportion where they can). My husband tells me they have to be like this because our doors are 2400 with 2700 ceilings (both floors) and he wants the window top to be level with the door top. I still think that the upstairs front bedroom windows need to be longer (for street appeal) - would love some input on this.

Bottom floor is brick and top is hardy cladding.

Below are our exterior selections:

Main brick: Metallix Bronze
Joint Type: Rolled
Mortar Colour: Brighton Lite White
Render Colour to Upper Level Cladding: Solver Hamersley 22.50
Roof - Colourbond - Surfmist
Gutter Colour - Colourbond Shale Grey
Fascia Colour - Colourbond Shale Grey
Window - Colour Anodic Grey
Front Door / Laundry Door, Down Pipes - Colourbond Shale Grey
Eaves/Linings - Wattyl Worn White
Panel Lift garage door / rear roller door - Colourbond Shale Grey

Since I first wrote this we have been told by Fairmont's we can't have Shale Grey so are now looking at Dune.
I have tried the various colour selectors available (Metricon, Fairmont, Austral Bricks) however none have the same sort of layout where the top floor cuts into the roof line and in most cases the colours don't look right. I am having a lot of trouble visualising the shale grey.

Images below:

http://imageshack.com/a/img812/944/eq06.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img194/3804/legf.jpg
[quote="Bandick"]Hi All

hi
Just letting you know the Anodic Grey is a very blue colour when sun is shining on it.
Good luck with your build
Bandick
Hi All

hi
Just letting you know the Anodic Grey is a very blue colour when sun is shining on it.
Good luck with your build

That should be ok given the other colours are a cool tone.
Related
31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum