Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cremorne Question

Page 1 of 2
Hello to all the lovely Cremorne people!

As you know we are also looking to build this great house. I have just been checking out the pics on the PD website and am trying to work out if the sliding doors (look like stackers as they seem to open quite wide) used in the dining area of the Mernda Cremorne (with Arlington facade) are standard or an upgrade?

I thought standard would just be a sliding door, but as these look like they open wider I thought they may be stackers?

In the current promo we can get bifolds but I don't want these and would prefer an aliminium stacker, however, I don't want to be charged an upgrade just because I don't want the bifold....if these doors on display at Mernda are standard then I am one happy camper!!

I recall Toni telling me stacker/slider is standard but I wasn't sure if this was the one you described

Cheers
Bel
If they think you're either having stacking or bi-fold (eg don't tell them that you don't want the bi-fold), surely they'd rather you have the stackers in a straight swap as they're cheaper than the bi-folds?
haywgl
Hello to all the lovely Cremorne people!

As you know we are also looking to build this great house. I have just been checking out the pics on the PD website and am trying to work out if the sliding doors (look like stackers as they seem to open quite wide) used in the dining area of the Mernda Cremorne (with Arlington facade) are standard or an upgrade?

I thought standard would just be a sliding door, but as these look like they open wider I thought they may be stackers?

In the current promo we can get bifolds but I don't want these and would prefer an aliminium stacker, however, I don't want to be charged an upgrade just because I don't want the bifold....if these doors on display at Mernda are standard then I am one happy camper!!

I recall Toni telling me stacker/slider is standard but I wasn't sure if this was the one you described

Cheers
Bel

Hi

I think those in Mernda are the standard sliding door..similar to Caroline Spring
That's exactly what I would have thought Rach - surely a straight swap would be a win win situation, but apparently PD think you either take what is in the promo or you get the standard - no compromise

I just checked out the Caroline Springs sliding door too - I think it i the same - they seem to open wider than other sliding doors which makes me think they are more like a stacker...

Might get a quote for a genuine stacker too and see if it's worth the cost.

Thanks again
Hey Bel,

The Mernda display is not far from me, I could go in and ask for you if you like?

I love looking at displays.
Oh Paula - you are a sweetheart

That would be awesome - but seriously only if you have time! It is a bit far out for me and i don't think I'd ever get there at the moment.

If you could grab one of the booklets they give you that would be awesome too!!
I'd be happy to pay for postage to my house!

Only if you are sure though!!
Bel,

Kids go to school not far, will go 1/2 hour early and get you a book, and ask about the door.

Might even go an hour early and have a wander through the houses (again!)

Your a champ
Hi

I know this house so well, have visited all the cemorne's over the past year.

At the mernda cremorne, the doors are standard, with the exception that they slide in the same direction. The doors we have fitted to ours slide from the middle location, 1 door to the left and the other to the right. This is the standard .

Remember to order the optional deadlocks for them, well worth it.

Handover, this week cant wait......
awallace
Hi

Remember to order the optional deadlocks for them, well worth it.

Handover, this week cant wait......

Hi

Congratulations on your handover.

Just curious, i would have thought the sliding doors come standard with locks ?

Btw, we have managed to sort out the "floating" vanity with PD. Thank you
My pleasure,

Yes sliding doors come with a lock but not very secure. Def worth upgrading the lock, to a keyed deadlock.

Did you decide to get the floating vanity or the full vanity cabinet?
Thanks Andy

I should have paid more attention to the sliding doors when I was at the displays...

I'm wondering if you did get a quote for aliminium stacker doors through PD anyway??

Good Luck for handover! How exciting
awallace
My pleasure,

Yes sliding doors come with a lock but not very secure. Def worth upgrading the lock, to a keyed deadlock.

Did you decide to get the floating vanity or the full vanity cabinet?

We have changed it to the full vanity cabinet as an upgrade
. They will initially unwilling to change it as it is late in the game but we insisted and they relent without charging us a fee.
Hi Bel,

The standard sliding door for the Cremorne is what is shown on display in the Rumpus room at Mernda by looking at it via the Alfresco photo. The door off the meals is a stacker and an upgrade.....approx $1700 (but don't quote me on that!). With the bi-fold in promo if you don't want it, you'll get the standard. The standard door has two doors and opens from the middle outwards. You can either open one for a single opening or both for a larger one. It's also much easier to get a screen door for.

I was at display yesterday.....needed a fix! Double checked it all with Rod.

I've just looked at the PD website, the house at Pakenham has the standard doors on both the meals and the rumpus while the Derrimut house has the bi-folds from the meals and standard from the Rumpus. Caroline Springs also has the std in the meals and I think also in the Rumpus - bit hard to tell for the rumpus from the angle of the photo.

Hope this helps! I must've have overlooked this in my emails to you, sorry.

Toni
Thanks Toni

You are a great help as always - just went and rechecked the website and I think I would be happy with the standard doors, I like the size of the opening when you open both.

DH thinks I am very weird for not wanting the free upgrade of the timber bifolds - but they just won't suit the rest of our house if that makes sense, also I am a MAJOR perfectionist and couldn't handle looking from the outside and seeing a tmberbifold on one door (dining) and then an aliminium slider on the other (rumpus)

Hope you got a good look at the displays - I think I am due for another fix
You're welcome Bel!

I quite like the standard (boy I'm over that word though!) door. It looks nice when opened (or closed) and it does have a nice wide opening when both doors are open.

I totally relate to your comment on having different door. I'm still struggling with my overheads........

Toni
Hahah those damn overheads

Did you widen your fridge space at all? We intend to widen ours to about 1100 rather than 900 and I'm sure it is going to stuff up our overhead cupboards in that space too

For you Toni..or any other Cremorne owners, did you get a quote for the overhead cupboards in the laundry that M & M, P & B have - I think they are a great idea - especially with kids

I was also wondering if there is a reason for the space below the laundry shelf and if not is it possible to get a cupboard put there..did anyone get a quote for this....I noticed most people are leaving the space below empty - what do you plan to use it for...I'm lost for ideas

Thanks again
it's the handles too!!

I've left the fridge space as you guessed it - standard! We have a full fridge and our freezer will go in the laundry. Eventually I might get a small freezer like a bar fridge size and put it in the pantry. We'll wait and see how I find travelling to the laundry first!

I have a whole list of prices for overheads....I'll forward you the email

Toni
Hi Bel

We left our fridge space as standard, so we could get the 4 glass door cabinet, and not be reduced to 3 door cabinet which doesnt look great at all, in my opinion.

The laundry overhead cabinets for us were part of a promotion. They are a must. Also do consider fitting in a broom cupboard, its quite cheap as an option, which will maximise your laundry space.
Hi Haywgl, The new PD book from the Pakenham display says the 700mm overhead cupboards in the laundry with the additional tiling to existing bas cabinets is $600. We did ask for prices for the extra cupboard next to the overhead cupboards and also underneath the bench, we can't remember how much they quoted but we decided at the time that there was no way we were paying that much for a little cupboard. We were thinking we could put a washing basket there or maybe the recycle bin or the cat food....
M&M
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum