Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Elderton Homes - experiences & reviews

Page 9 of 11
so far, our build is within the timeframe they gave us. here's my weekly timeline. we are in week 10 now and is scheduled for first floor brick layering..

Week 1 : Excavation completed (Cut/Fill/Level)
Week 2 : Formwork done, Slab completed
Week 3 : External plumbing completed
Week 4 : --
Week 5 : --
Week 6 : Frames up - ground floor
Week 7 : Frames completed - first floor
Week 8 : Bricks completed - ground floor
Week 9 : Scaffolding assembled
Week 10 :
theziplocks
so far, our build is within the timeframe they gave us. here's my weekly timeline. we are in week 10 now and is scheduled for first floor brick layering..

Week 1 : Excavation completed (Cut/Fill/Level)
Week 2 : Formwork done, Slab completed
Week 3 : External plumbing completed
Week 4 : --
Week 5 : --
Week 6 : Frames up - ground floor
Week 7 : Frames completed - first floor
Week 8 : Bricks completed - ground floor
Week 9 : Scaffolding assembled
Week 10 :
can I know where are you building?

Theziplocks glad all is working so far. So was mine until bricklaying when it took them seven weeks to get bricklayer. From then on it was slow and painful. Even now to the point handover and keys were meant to be last week and have been put off a week to this Friday. When the customer service sent me email yesterday confirming the handover and time I replied "about bloody time" here's to my new home this Friday. I can't wait!!!

Congrats MrPatto!

I was just wondering if anyone here built a two storey? Just wanted to know how long it might take
We had the same thing - brick stage caused a 7 week + delay. Hard to know exactly how big of a delay since things were then done out of order to try and catch up but here we are, still looking at a 7 week delay. Roshy, my home is 2 storey. It will take a long time lol.
I think there is a massive shortage of brickies at the moment, so this is causing delays for all builders.
I would not build with any other builder than Elderton. I would rather wait because Elderton uses good tradespeople and they make the difference between a well built house and an average one. Just be patient.
@mahen Marsden Park
@mrpatto Yeah the build is doing great in terms of schedule. Congrats on your new home.
@Roshni Elderton gave us 39 weeks for a double storey. So expect longer. Hahaha.
Big progress this week. Plumbing started, electrical done, main floor tiles delivered, driveway and path excavated and form work started.
Carpet is booked for the 24th and everything else is scheduled to be completed before then. The end is in sight! Lol
Emma1906
Big progress this week. Plumbing started, electrical done, main floor tiles delivered, driveway and path excavated and form work started.
Carpet is booked for the 24th and everything else is scheduled to be completed before then. The end is in sight! Lol

Hoping for the best emma. With the new home, your Christmas holiday will be very busy.
Extremely busy ziplocks!
Our tiles started yesterday and the concrete for driveway and walkway was poured today. Not long now
Ours is double story, the delay was with the bricks too. We had a 28 week contract and so far we are 14 weeks behind and counting. Still have no idea how much longer it is going to take.
Wow @Emma ! Exciting ?

@Susieq, u r at 42nd week now? Hope you get there quick
Hi All,

Its been a while since I last visited the forum. Thought I'd drop in and see how many Elderton builds are being discussed here. I half expected a larger thread with more new comers sharing their experience, given how quickly they've expanded their business.

I'm not surprised however, at the negative comments in regards to delays. The company is expanding exponentially and this is one of the draw-backs in a construction market burning so wildly. I'm hearing the same stories from those currently building with Champion, Wisdom & Clarendon.

With that aside, I thought I'd drop my 2 cents as its now been a year in our lovely home. We built a modified 2 story Carrington Grange with Elderton Homes. Our build started in Feb 2014 (peg out) and handover in Nov the same year - a solid 9 months.

We liked their pre-sales service, pricing, plans and inclusions. The post sales service throughout the build was good with steady communication and work progress. We went through 3 site supervisors during our build and it posed no issue - they were all nice to deal with and followed up as promised. The house was finished and handed over on time as per the contract and we've had minimal defects which have mostly been rectified except a couple - just need to re-schedule as some of the trades now are hopeless and arrive unprepared for the job.

I know some of you are quite frustrated with the ridiculous delays and lack of communication - I can only hope they sort out the trades and hire more staff to keep up with the demand and improve their customer service. I guess we were lucky when we signed as they were just starting their expansion journey and thus we received a better experience from a smaller builder. I wish you all the best with your builds and I know you'll be satisfied with your brand new homes. Hang in there!
@ Emma - Congrats on your recent progress. You're almost there - start packing!
Thanks Ian! Glad to hear you're well. We have used your timeline for reference all the way through our build so thank you!

We have almost every trade you can think of at the house today, handover is tomorrow!
@ Emma - That's fantastic news! You guys must be so excited about moving into your beautiful new home. I can't find your build thread but is there any major post handover work to be done before you can move in, i.e. flooring? Share some pics if you can.
Hi Ian,
Due to some unsavoury comments we opted to delete the thread. I will send you a link to view our blog
Hi All
Has anyone got any pics of Eldertons finished product they could share to compare the display homes to what actually gets built

Hi Bradles

It is now a year since we moved in to our Mitcham house, which we altered in many ways. The front looks like one of the options, except that we had to decrease the width of the garage to fit onto a narrow block. Are you interested in this?
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

27/01/2024
Sienna Homes - Reviews?

Building A New House

Hi starting the process of looking around for Dual Occ builders. Looking to build a home shared with family either as a duplex or front back. Has anyone done any recent…

18/04/2024
Reblock Reviews Victoria

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

I cannot find a review for the Reblocker I am getting a quote from. Am I doing something wrong, or are numbers of reblockers who hold VBA registration not reviewed on your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum