Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Welcome to Paradise - Lighting Pics

Page 1 of 47
Finally something is happening... we put in an offer to purchase the land back in June.
Last week we signed our PPA with Aveling Homes and today settlement takes place on the land.

Very exciting and looking forward to the next phase of colours and tiles and prestart etc.

TimeLine
18/06/2013 Offer/Acceptance on Land
31/10/2013 Signed PPA with Aveling
04/11/2013 Settlement on Land
07/02/2014 Contracts Rev 00 received
04/03/2014 Contracts signed and submitted
13/03/2014 Finance Approved
28/03/2014 Prestart
10/04/2014 Prestart Costings received
16/04/2014 Final Plans Received with Errors
22/04/2014 Final Plans Amended and Signed and Submitted
26/05/2014 Building Permit Received
09/06/2014 Handed Over to Construction
12/06/2014 Earthworks
25/06/2014 Slab
08/07/2014 Bricks delivered
15/07/2014 Brickwork started
08/08/2014 Brickwork finished
15/08/2014 Roof timbers started
25/08/2014 Roof timbers complete
29/08/2014 Roof cover started
01/09/2014 Roof cover complete
05/09/2014 Plumbing, electrics, data cables complete
12/09/2014 Internal Plaster Started
19/09/2014 Internal Plaster Finished. External plaster started
30/09/2014 White set started
02/10/2014 External Plaster Finished
04/10/2014 Ceilings Installed
09/10/2014 White set complete
16/10/2014 LOCKUP!! And all internal doors & shelves installed, cornices started
23/10/2014 Cabinets installed
27/10/2014 Ceilings painted
03/11/2014 Stone benchtops and sinks in
05/11/2014 Waterproofing
14/11/2014 Tiling started
18/11/2014 Tiling finished
18/11/2014 Exterior painting started
21/11/2014 Install Oven
21/11/2014 Electrics
21/11/2014 Tapware & toilets install
24/11/2014 Grano in garage
24/11/2014 Gas water heaters installed
26/11/2014 Intelligent homes
28/11/2014 Primer coat/Sealant on wall, Doors received second coat
01/12/2014 House Cleaned
03/12/2014 Fix bulkhead in kitchen
03/12/2014 Roof Batts
04/12/2014 Shower screens & mirrors
05/12/2014 Install overhead kitchen cupboards
05/12/2014 Replace kitchen island bench back panels
05/12/2014 Front Feature Wall
05/12/2014 Towel rails
10/12/2014 External Paving
12/12/2014 Install extractor
15/12/2014 Practical Completion
16/12/2014 Garage doors
18/12/2014 Door Furniture
19/12/2014 Splashback install
05/01/2015 Concrete to Driveway and Alfresco
09/01/2015 Keys Handover
yay! another Avelinger
where are you building and which design?
Hey fellow Avelinger!
Look forward to following your journey. Let me(us) know if I(we) can help!

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Thanks for the welcome
I have been stalking some of the Aveling threads for a while now
Burnsfirsttime
janicec
yay! another Avelinger
Due to internet security or the lack thereof I am not keen to put up a pic of our floorplan. But I will share some pics along the way

:

Just clip off your name and block number if that's your issue. Everyone loves a good plan
I am also very interested in seeing your plan. Good luck with your build!
I have two things I am trying to decide on my elevation...

1. All our ceiling will be at 31c, with the living/dining/games area at 34c. Do the windows look odd at 25c? Should I bring them all up to 28c?

2. The corner windows by the alfresco currently start at 25c and finish at 11c. I am thinking of making them start at 28c, like the doors and finish at 3c... so that they are full height windows, similar to the middle elevation shown in the pic above. They are fixed windows so I would like it to be one full sheet of glass. Will this reduce the functionality of the alfresco & interior rooms (living and games)? Which elevation do you think looks best?
Hi Burnsfirsttime,

For question 1 it's pretty much personal preference, but I'd be more inclined to increase the size of the window rather than shift the whole window upwards.

For question 2, I'd certainly start them at 28c to match the top of the sliding doors, but I think I'd leave them finishing at 11c so that you can put things against the wall both inside and outside, like a BBQ, shoe rack, dog bed, things like that
Here are some of our tile selections... the floor and wall tile in the the main bathroom, and the ensuite are the same and also have the vertical sparkly feature tile and laminex silk Devine Oak and French Nougat essastone bench top.

This is for the kids bathroom... wood look white/brownish floor tile, white wall tiles and brownish feature tile (I wanted to keep things plain in their bathroom) Oh I've changed the bench top to new crystal salt.

The Laundry room did look the same as the main bathroom but with a different feature tile, but it was coming in too expensive so we changed it to a dark grey floor tile and a simple blue feature tile and laminex silk white cupboards. The bench top will be new crystal salt. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of that.

I haven't decided on the kitchen colours yet... that is causing me much issues!
Love your vertical sparkly feature tile. Beautiful

These are the colours we are thinking of for the outside of the house....

Surfmist roof
Evening Haze for gutters and main render
Seal Grey for the portico

What do you think?

Finally contracts have arrived. There are just a couple of minor errors on them so hopefully won't take too long to sort it out.

There is one big issue, and I could really kick myself as it is actually all my own fault!!!

The original specs for the house state that the kitchen has waterfall ends. This spec was sent to us by our sales guy at the same time as he sent along the final sketch and variation prices before we agreed to sign the PPA.
A few days later I go and sign the PPA, I notice that the spec is slightly different to the one he sent us, but instead of sitting down and checking it line for line with the original spec he sent us, I take him on his word that nothing has really changed on it. I did read through it all but didn't pick up the crucial line of "30mm essastone to kitchen benchtops including waterfall ends" has been take out

Now when we got the contract drawing I notice no waterfall ends in the kitchen, go and read the spec, no mention of waterfall ends, go and check the spec we thought we were getting... yup that definately mentions waterfall ends.
I am so so so mad!!! I can't believe I rushed and signed the papers without checking line by line by line with what we thought we were getting.
AAARRGHH!
I am going to phone our sales consultant and hope he will be able to do something for us, but I think we are going to end up having to pay for our waterfall ends now
Wow, if I were a cynical person I'd be inclined to say that the salesman misled you in saying that nothing much had changed. I'm a bit surprised, as Aveling has received a lot of good reviews from what I can tell. Hopefully they will be able to sort something out.
I wouldn't blame the sales man, he seemed as surprised as me when I told him the waterfall ends had disappeared. But I've been looking at our kitchen layout and I might be moving a few things around which will give us some spare stone to use for the waterfall ends without it costing us too much.
The salesman has also kindly offered us a discounted price on the waterfall ends so he is doing his best to get it sorted.
I know if I had picked it up before I signed he would have included them without an issue.
Did you ask who took it out of the paperwork? If it's in version 1 but not in version 2 I'd like to know who was responsible for omitting it in the first place! But yes, shame you signed it. Hopefully the cost damage won't be too much. Our Caesarstone ends cost a bomb but they look phenomenal. I would happily give my first born for them.
Hi Burns, the same thing happened to us. Our initial Santa Monica specs stated waterfall ends, when our initial plans came through we noticed they had been removed. We contacted Aveling straight away, sent them through a copy of the original specs and a screen shot of their webpage which, at the time, stated that that was their specification and they immediately reinstated the slab ends at no cost. Our sales person was brilliant, acted immediately and had is rectified for us within a day or so. Not sure if this helps, but I hope they can sort this for you in the same manner.
we signed the addendum that says we have hardiflex in the portico ceiling whereas the standard inclusions we signed at PCA stated we have plasterboard and cornices. We picked that up during construction, CL raised a variation without charge and fixed that for us. It's an oversight on our part but they honoured it.

It's probably an honest mistake at their end, they will fix it for you. I don't believe they will tell you "too bad you signed it" if you have evidence showing someone has made a mistake even if you failed to pick that up and signed it.

Hope they sort it out for you asap, keep us posted
and i'm very jealous of all the additional inclusions you new Avelingers get, I'm still dreaming one day my kitchen bench will have waterfall ends. LOL
Well, he is only giving us a discount if we decide to add them back.
Currently there are a few things we are arguing about, the waterfall ends are the least of our issues. But I think I will mention it again.

Thanks everyone for your advise.
Well eventually we have given up trying to get our special conditions included. And we signed the contracts as is on Friday. Very disappointed in Avelings refusal to budge on this .

Oh well onwards we go now to prestart. Whoo Hooo!

Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum