Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with CH in Melbourne

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone!
We are first-time builders building with CH in Melbourne. Can anyone please share any tips, advice, experiences (good or bad) with me. I don't know a lot about them, but we love their homes and we're very excited about our new adventure!
Thank you!
Hi,
We have handover of our new home in less than a week. Overall CH have been fabulous, no major issues. On our final walk through we had an independant inspector who found a few issues. CH have had no problems with getting them all fixed. Enjoy
CH? Carlisle Homes? If so, check the list of blogs - especially Matt's.

Otherwise - who is CH?

jensta
Hi Everyone!
We are first-time builders building with CH in Melbourne. Can anyone please share any tips, advice, experiences (good or bad) with me. I don't know a lot about them, but we love their homes and we're very excited about our new adventure!
Thank you!

Hi Jensta and welcome!

I gather you mean Carlisle Homes?

if so have a look over my blog http://www.ourgrandeplan.blogspot.com

I have lots to share about CH so feel free to ask questions....
yes, I have read the blog from start to finish and it was brilliant!!! It was very insightful and invaluable. I am thinking about blogging our adventure too.
Thanks!
I think the owner of Carlisle Homes might have a little something to say about that now!

He was / is not a big fan of my blog and made it clear taht in future he would not be nearly as tolerant with "bloggers"...

Sorry!

currently building with them - atlantique mk 2

so far, evrythings going perfectly fine.. theyre great!

anyway, which design are u building? and which location ??
im back,, just came up with something..

just to warn you..

dont get too secure on one house design until you have seen their NEW displays at cranboruen and lyndhurst!
We're hopefully building the Atlantique mk 2 on our own block west of Melb. The site costs will be what determines if we will go ahead or not. Apparently they look at the soil tests and then quote you an amount... if it goes over they pay and if its under they keep the money... not sure how I feel about this. One would think they would play pretty safely and quote over. Consequently, I'm very nervous about our tender appointment.
ah yes, we went out there last weekend and had a squiz.... very impressive.... we also got a bit of a giggle as the chick working at Cranbourne still had the price/size tag hanging off her top! She looked like she had a big night the night before too! He he!!
hey jensta,

we initially did the tender for the pagoda mk 2, but now, we have changed our mind. and guess what? luckily enough, we decided on our FINAL design before we did the colour appointment. phew! no more display looking anymore!

the other thing.. we are doing the atlantique mk 2 as well! we like the floorplan.. it has a home theatre too.. and the alfresco is amazing! we are doing it from the lyndhurst display (in fact, they have the at. mk 2 at every 4 locations!)

which kitchen configuration did u choose ( i.e. L shape or 2 long benches) did u get the bifold doors? we did.. they better be worth it! oh and whcih facade are u doing? we are doing the mondo facade.. its a little cheaper, and i think it looks much better than the hgiher pricey villina and verona..

who and which display location is your atlantique mk 2??

honestly, cant wait for colours..

p.s how is ur building experience going?
We have seen it pretty much everywhere, but are basing ours on the Caroline Springs version. We're having the parallel benches kitchen and bifolds. I think they look great. Not having the door from the lounge out to alfresco though. It's a great house... so open and lots of great living space. We looked at so many display homes, but this was always our favourite.
We haven't been to tender yet and that's what I'm worried about. At our first colour appointment I found out that some of the things we told were standard inclusions weren't, so our costs are blowing out a bit and we may have to give up a few of the luxury finishings. We got our soil test back and luckilly we're a M slab (I think that's lucky, but not sure) but I don't know what other costs we will incur.
It's mostly been a brilliant experience so far, apart from the times (and there have been a few) where we have found out about costs that we weren't initially told about. I don't know how much more specific you can be when you say "so what does that cost exactly as it is on display?" ... but they always seem to forget to tell us something!!!
Oh we are having the Villina facade... i love it.... and that's another thing, when they say that you pay so much for the upgrade to that facade, it doesn't include the tiles, brickwork or crazy stone paving.... grrrrr
mattwalker
I think the owner of Carlisle Homes might have a little something to say about that now!

He was / is not a big fan of my blog and made it clear taht in future he would not be nearly as tolerant with "bloggers"...

Sorry!

Hi Matt,

Im not sure what he means he wont be nearly as tolerant with Bloggers, he cant stop anyone from blogging, and it all depends if he wants negative comments about his company sprayed all over the Internet, if they actually looked after their clients, there would be nothing but positive comments, which would work in their favour. Dont need to be a genius to work that one out.

Cheers
Mal
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

12/10/2023
Building cost and builder in Melbourne

Building A New House

custom probably not. Volume, most defiantly, but spec would vary. If youre doing a knock down, there additional costs associated with that that will eat into your budget…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum