Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Honeywood Estate, Wandi - SLABBED with pics

Page 1 of 2
I have been reading and reading and reading (stalking really) this forum for a while now and thought I would post my own experiences for others. We are building for a second time, but 18 years between builds and have found the experiences VERY different. The first build was with Ross North and was our first ever house - before kids and in our 20's, we built the shell of the house and didn't have extra funds for flooring/blinds etc to finish. It took us a couple of years to save up to do everything.....but this build is different, it's a turn key investment property. We still live in our first build, but after going to all the lovely new display homes we have itchy feet and will either renovate this house or build our DREAM home. But after we finish this build.

So the land is 375sqm and settled in September, we just signed off on our final plans and are currently waiting for council building permits and unconditional bank approval, which was approved originally, but when the plans finally went thru to the bank, the approval had expired and now we have to start application again - thanks NAB for that extra stress! So we anticipate slab will be 4-6 weeks away (fingers crossed).

I will add plans when I make a photo bucket account.

Looking forward to sharing this building journey with you all.

TIMELINE:

14/4/13 Land deposit
30/4/13 Pre contract/deposit
18/9/13 Land settlement
23/9/13 Pre start
9/10/13 Final plans
17/10/13 Tap
21/10/13 Council app
29/10/13 Finance app
28/11/13 Site scrap/sand pad
5/12/13 Footings earth works
6/12/13 Footings poured
7/12/13 Concrete pad

Ok, I have uploaded some pictures to photobucket and will post them soon, but how do you get PDF files on this site?
Hey mate easier to turn the PDF into images and uploads the ones you want!

Cheers, Met.
The block

Floorplan

Elevations

Electrical
Roof and Garage door: Colourbond Surfmist
Render to garage & verandah: Shale Grey
Bricks: Alkimos
Render to near front windows: Charcoal
Render to blade wall: Windspray
Front door colour: Dune
Windows: Anodized Silver Grey
Paving to driveway: Granite Storm Cloud with Tundra border
Paving to Alfresco: Charcoal with Grey border
Looks good!! Your colours are quite similar to ours, we have those pavers and I LOVE them I was so glad they were a standard inclusion
Thanks fmac, I just went and looked at your build and noticed that your en suite tile colours are the same as ours as well!! What good taste you have!! We have on the floor Opal Grey, walls fashion while and bench top of new crystal salt. Our cup doors are Asphalt velour.
)
Sounds very similar
we went with a slightly lighter colour for the cupboards in the end but had originally picked the asphalt, very happy with how it turned out

What colour is your kitchen going to be?
Kitchen (splash back being done in glass now - refer to next picture for colour)

Kitchen with new glass splash back

Internal wall and door paint sample

Entrance door and door furniture 1200mm x 28 course in Dune

Ensuite (white tile should be lanka fashion white - same as main bathroom)

Bathroom, Laundry and WC

Carpet, roller blind sample, ensuite floor tile and main floor tile (bathrooms in 300mm and living areas in 450mm)
Hi Lewis, your colours look great. We've recently built in Honeywood, been moved in nearly 6 months now. We love it here. Are you in the new section near the telethon home?
Hi shdowKat,

Yes we are near the Telethon home, we have the same park out the backyard, but about 10 blocks down the hill towards the freeway. Where abouts are you situated?
Very nice. We are in the older section, close to Lyon road...we've got a farm across from us which I think has been sold to statterly, so will be future residential- would be nice to turn it into a park or something.
Hey,

This looks really close to my block! Girlfriend and I purchased lot 441. Building with Aussie Living, I anticipate that it will start soon.
Hi Haydio, we are going to be almost next door neighbours......my lot is 443! I think I saw you inspecting the new rear boundary fence and gate a few weekends ago. I was there with my hubby and 3 feral little kids
I hope you are going to start your own thread soon - would love to see your floor plan and pictures.

I have some news! We have a back fence, gate (supplied by the developer) AND a water tap. Plans are still with council, fingers crossed that will be approved soon and we can finally start to build.
Yep that would have been us!

Not sure what exact stage we're up to, but I imagine plans are stuck with the council. Hopefully I will get around to making a thread tonight, would love to document everything about building our first house
I had some good news today, we have council building approval.

Now we have to send this letter to bank before they will give us valuation on the house and unconditional approval. I am not sure what the hold up is with NAB, but they are really annoying me now. It's taken nearly 4 weeks for them to get there s#it together. Once house is finished I am swapping all my banking to another company!
http://www.avelinghomes.com.au/building-process-page/ for future reference
Just bought in stage 5.1

joining the honeywood community!
Hi Super Nes, congratulations on your land purchase. What is your lot number? We are lot 443 in stage 4.4.
Well it's started, I popped down to see what was happening to the block and found the footing earthworks being dug. The guy said that if the weather was good he would be back tomorrow or Saturday to concrete the footings and the slab would be poured either Saturday or Monday.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum