Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Time Frames Please. Lock up till Handover?

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes from lock up till PCI/ Handover? Obviously I realise it can range. We're building in Perth, NOR. It just seems like nothing has been happening at our house. I've watched so many houses around that started after ours, but they're now finished & people are living in them. Some weeks I go to my house & nothing has been done the whole week and even 2 or 3 weeks in a row. Is this normal?
Possibly normal if you are working with a big builder. They tend to batch up trades for a number of houses.
Thanks maximus. Better keep my patience in check
How long have you been at lockup for now kaz?
We're in the same boat, seems like nothing happens most weeks and they can't blame the weather as it's not an issue when working inside!! Have been at lockup since 26th July
Ha ha twiggens, we went to Lock up 2 days before you. I thought we were pretty close ages ago but one of the tradies I spoke to one day said that he can see there's still a bit to do. Maybe another 2 months. I was like What The?? But funnily enough, the day after I posted this I got a call from our site supervisor who let me know what was left to be done. We've scored a really awesome site supervisor & the only reason I posted this is because I don't like bombarding him all the time & appearing impatient. At least it looks like the end is in sight. What do you have left to do in yours twiggens?
Related
20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

29/05/2023
How I lost $100,000 and why I will never use steel frames

Building A New House

That sucks! Hope it all works out. Good to move away from steel anyway for all your reasons, but it's also thermally poor.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum