Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Build in Gisborne Vic

Page 1 of 4
Hello all,

We are about to start construction on our block in Gisborne Vic. We have had the block for some time now and its taken about 18 months to architect a plan. (we started from our own unique sketch and kept adding until we had it right) We are building with Keogh Homes. All the planning and building approvals are in and we should start to turn soil in about 2 weeks. Fun times ahead.

I will create a blog to post track progress over the next 13 months.

A
Congrats. A friend lives in Gisborne and it's lovely there. Wishing you the best of luck for your build.
cinder
Congrats. A friend lives in Gisborne and it's lovely there. Wishing you the best of luck for your build.

Hi Cinder, thanks. It is a nice spot up there. Once the house is finished and we move in, it will take some time not hearing the sounds of Melbourne at night.

A
We went up to Gisborne yesterday to check if the builders had started. Low and behold, the site cut is finished. Much bigger cut than I expected.
Checked out the site on the weekend. Meter box is in with the cabling. Site has been pegged out for the drainers to lay piping today. Starting to gather momentum now.
The drainers should be finished in one day (so I'm told) and the slab guys will be on site to start the footings etc mid week.

Hi just wondering how you are finding keogh homes. We were thinking of building with them but not 100% sure at this stage.
Andy78
Hi just wondering how you are finding keogh homes. We were thinking of building with them but not 100% sure at this stage.

Hi Andy, we have nothing but the best outcome to date. Our slab, frame and roofing is complete and not one single issue. (accept the weather)

We are dealing with Pat and Dennis and it has been spot on. Highly recommend Keogh.

Andrew
-
in cognito
Hi

We are also building with Keogh. In our single case experience, the quality of the build is great, but the communications and building timeframe has been quite poor. I am not saying that we wouldn't recommend, just don't expect to be told much along the way or be in your house on time.

What a bugger. As I posted, we haven't had any issues. I think that we are a few days ahead of time. I am a little proactive anyways and contact them on a weekly bases to get updates. Where abouts are you building "in cognito"

A
Hi andsuz, sorry just saw this reply I think maybe I might be second guessing going with them. Everything is closed over Xmas anyway so been a bit gap in getting things done. I think we are finding that we were getting told things such as pricing of items etc that are not right and its hard to get exactly what we want. I need to find a builder I can trust which is very hard. Any one heard of bdk homes?
We have been pleased with the quality and flexibility of the process. We also found Keogh to be transparent in pricing.

Overall, I don't doubt that Keogh are honest and trustworthy. Our main frustration has been on timing and communications.
Here is a couple of pic's of our build. We are now a lock up and starting on the interior.

The floor bearers will be going in this week with the Vic Ash being laid next week. Then Sparky and Plumbers come in for the roughing out followed by the plaster. Looking at mid may for completion. So far we are on track.
oh thats so amazing! My GF would be pretty jealous if she saw this haha!
stayxtrue
oh thats so amazing! My GF would be pretty jealous if she saw this haha!

Thanks Stayxtrue. It took a lot of planning pain to come up with the right design. Just need to wait until May before we get the keys
The roof glass is now in with 3 glass panels over the dining/family room and 3 glass panels over the kitchen. It has made so much difference to the natural lighting inside the house. Not the best photo's but I will try and get some more soon.

Looks good! Gisborn is a nice area as well. I have family that live in riddells creek! Its such a lovely area!
stayxtrue
Looks good! Gisborn is a nice area as well. I have family that live in riddells creek! Its such a lovely area!

Thanks. It's a great place to live.. Although, some things need to get used to. Smaller shops etc close earlier than when we lived in Yarraville, bit slower pace than the city to but thats sorta why we moved up there.

I do enjoy the commute to Melb, either on the train or on the road. Most people wouldn't. give you a chance to wind up before work and then wind down before you get home.

A
The entertaining area.

Looks like the image is broken
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum