Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

first home - fairmont homes_floor tiles

Page 1 of 8
Hi there I am new to this forum but wondering if anyone building with fairmont homes down south can help me out, just wondering if 8 weeks between slab and frames is about normal. Im coming into my 8th week now and no sign of progress?
So you have a slab but nothing else? No bricks or frames have been delivered on-site? Who is your site supervisor? Info might help with explaining timing.
sorry yes more information would be helpful! I have a slab its a split level home, the bricks and timber were delivered about 1 week after the slab went down and then there has been no movement since. im wondering if this is about normal it just seems like a rather long time.
brett is the ss but they say not to contact him until after the frames are up, so have contacted the office and they keep saying that they will be starting next week but its been a couple of weeks now
There are a couple of builds with that ss and they are progressing albeit slowly. Check out amymumma thread. I think she waited about a month for frames but she waited a couple of months for bricks
Thank you, they have started the frames, were out there friday
so hopefully things will start progressing a
Ittle big quicker
Thank you though, ill check it out her thread.
Congratulations on frames! I would love to hear more about your build if you would like to share
Blacklab is another build with your ss. His house is close to completion. It has taken a total of about 7 - 8 months.
Hello and welcome to the forum!
We are building with Fairmont in Aberfoyle Park, and have Brett as ss. Has been a little slow, has been 1 month since our slab went down tmoro. We are expecting bricks & Frames to be delivered this week.
Glad to see they have started your frames now, its so painful waiting haha.
Thank you, Id love to tell you all about the progress, as soon as I work out photos ill upload some as well. They have given me a completion date of 9 April 2014 which is about 10 months from when they first started the actual build, so its a bit disappointing, im hoping that maybe it will be completed a little earlier
when is your due to be completed?

Hi there and thank you.. im building at Woodcroft so just around the corner really from you. Hipefully they will deliver and start your frames soon, im totally with you the waitimg game sucks hehe!
Yay, that would be great

Our completion date is march but that does not include extra time that needs to be added such as 15 or something days for having a building inspector and a similar amount again as they are installing our flooring. I am anticipating an April/May finish. It seems like a long time now but soon enough it will be a distant memory.
Frames - standing in the backyard [/img]
Hi there, so sorry to hear of your slow start, it's frustrating I know! We too had a slow start but a flurry of action lately which is promising.
Our first build was in Woodcroft (off Panalatinga Rd) and we are currently also renting in the area now.
Can't wait to follow your build
Hey

I have been following your build, it is frustrating. I saw how long it took for you to get bricks!! Your kitchen is coming along, what colour splashback did you choose?

Hopefully now that they have started things will keep going, although this weather is not helping! They installed windows and the glass doors last week, and hopefully a roof this week, and maybe some stairs

will try upload some more pics as it comes along.
Ah I think I drive past your build almost every day...a couple of fairmont blocks in a row?

Haven't decided on a splashback yet, I'm terrible when it comes to decisions so will be doing that once we move in
Hey
Yes you probably do, there is four in a row, but only 2 are fairmont

Not much movement this week so far, I noticed a tap connected to the wall yesterday so maybe the plumbers been through

Gutters still waiting to be put up. Nice day today so hopefully they are out woking on it today
Hope you see some action soon. The frames look lovely
I saw a couple of fellas at your place yesterday, let's hope they get a wriggle on
It was two blokes installing our gutters and they finished yesterday so hopefully that was them at your place. Keep us posted!
oh cool thanks ill swing past tomorrow and check it out
will keep u posted hopefully gutters and maybe a roof haha thats prob a bit optimistic
hopefully ur tiler starts too it looks like nice weather for the next week
Looks like they have started your roofing this morning FHB44!
A roof! I am so excited for you but slightly jealous, although with the wait you have had up until now you certainly deserve it

Would love to see some pics if you get there tomorrow.
Related
14/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

And we're finally moving forward! Trenches and plumbing in, should hopefully see a slab any day now.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum