Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home builder! The Glades, Byford

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I have been stalking this forum for the past few weeks so thought I would start actually contributing!

This is all a really new process for me as I had never really considered building until I started looking at established homes, and realised I am way too fussy to move into someone else's house! So a chance trip to a display village a couple of months ago and I made a snap decision to build.

I met with a number of builders that offered packages in my price range and ended up deciding on Homestart - whether this is a good decision or not still remains to be seen but so far so good. After looking at the options SOR in Perth I decided upon Byford as I grew up in the hills and love the semi rural lifestyle. I was lucky enough to pick up a block fairly quickly in The Glades and my timeline so far is as follows:

12th August - First meeting with Homestart
15th August - Block found in The Glades that actually miracle of miracles met the needs of a design that I really liked! Busy day where I put a deposit on the block and also signed the PPA with Homestart
29th August - conditional approval on finance

So now the waiting game begins for the final plans, colour selections, pre start and the nerves of waiting on unconditional approval....

Will post my plan tomorrow and some of my colour scheme ideas, but if anyone has any words of wisdom, has built or is building in The Glades, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading
Do you have a plan yet ?
Reigniting my thread after being disillusioned with such a slow process! I have a 348m block in the Coral Gardens area of The Glades in Byford, and my part of the estate is shaping up to be very pretty.

So, my land settled at the end of December, site was cleared in April and slab went down in May. After a 9 week wait for brickies, I finally had enough and decided to start looking for a brickie team myself, and within a few days I had found the brother of a friend that was willing to help! Within a week they had started bricks, and within another week (last Thursday) they were done!

I have found one issue already in that they haven't used face brick on the rear elevation, looks like they were told or thought that it was supposed to be rendered. But my plans say brick, not render
We'll see what my supervisor says about that!
Another byforda . Yay for byford .congrates. byford builds are gettinh bigger than home group wa on here lol
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

All compacted and pegged out. Slab any day now!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum