Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Mulgoa Rise?

Page 23 of 33
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on for ages...still reading through to catch up.
Hey Dreamhome, congratulations I see your slab is down. Our fence went up today.

Kjhosko - its good to hear good feedback about a pool company. We are thinking of putting a spa in, but it is still questionable about whether it will fit at the moment

Lstr - Re Unicus our base price with Unicus was $367 k or a 38 two storey. We then extended it by 1.5 metres, put bifolds and steel beam in out the back, so they open all the way around, raised the floor downstairs so the bi-fold runners sit level with the ground, raised the first floor ceiling height and added air cond -an upgraded air con to a better model, and added an outside kitchen area in alfresco. These changes added $100 K to the price and home is now 42 sQ. I think the cost of build is comparable to Masterton. We were happy with price and upgrades.

Re the timber tiles - we are going with timber look tiles- Tile Factory Outlet (TFO) has them for $49 m2 and they are imported from Italy. We are going with a light grey colour. We love them.

We are praying we don't hit rock as we have needed additional piering a the back of the block due to sewerage easement.
RE Walking group - Sunrise and anyone else if you are interested in staring Mulgoa Rise's walking group you can send an email to rheannonerinn@yahoo.com.au and we can see if we can work out some times that are suitable
Hi JoeJules - thanks for that information. we have decided to go ahead with wisdom. We would want a lot of upgrades, fancy doors throughout, increased ceiling, bifolds, slim line ac vents, ducted, fixed feature windows, staircase etc etc and I think when upgrading a lot it's cheaper to go with a bigger company. At the end of the day, things cost what they cost I suppose. We are spending something ridiculous on doors.. Like 20k :S we love the mac jones doors and have to have them!
Thanks also for heads up on TFO tiles. Will go and visit there soon. Are u buying your tiles now and storing them? As most builders want to know what tile u are using for height etc? Or are u just going to pick them out, provide the measurements and hope they are still there when it's time to proceed with ur tiling.
We will most likely get our tiles from tfo also... Maybe we can negotiate with them and say we are buying like 200sqm
lol
I'm still a fair way away... Waiting for the fixed price tender point.
joejulesx
Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on for ages...still reading through to catch up.
Hey Dreamhome, congratulations I see your slab is down. Our fence went up today.

Kjhosko - its good to hear good feedback about a pool company. We are thinking of putting a spa in, but it is still questionable about whether it will fit at the moment

Lstr - Re Unicus our base price with Unicus was $367 k or a 38 two storey. We then extended it by 1.5 metres, put bifolds and steel beam in out the back, so they open all the way around, raised the floor downstairs so the bi-fold runners sit level with the ground, raised the first floor ceiling height and added air cond -an upgraded air con to a better model, and added an outside kitchen area in alfresco. These changes added $100 K to the price and home is now 42 sQ. I think the cost of build is comparable to Masterton. We were happy with price and upgrades.

Re the timber tiles - we are going with timber look tiles- Tile Factory Outlet (TFO) has them for $49 m2 and they are imported from Italy. We are going with a light grey colour. We love them.

We are praying we don't hit rock as we have needed additional piering a the back of the block due to sewerage easement.

Hi,

Are you building on binyang?

I am wondering if our back neighbours may be on this site. We went out to our block on sunday and noticed red pegs on the block behind us. So someone is getting close to build. We are on bluestone drive.
Lstr -made me laugh about negotiating with TFO. Also I never thought about telling the builder yet about the tiles we are getting....just assumed they would fit - too funny!

Dreamhome - I've just caught up with the thread - so sorry to hear they hit rock with the plumbing, not what you need right now. I hope the rest of your build goes smoothly with no more surprises.
Hi Bluestone,

We are on Bradley street, opposite Dreamhome. I will look out for your place tomorrow - need to take a photo of fence and porta loo haha
Joe says: Do you all like our house its blue we went with the cyclone fencing and it all got built in 1 day. We put it right at the front of the block so we have a big garden
Dream home, so sorry to hear about the rock. I hope it isn't too bad. Got my fingers crossed for you getting in for Christmas.

Good life, colours sounds exciting. We are yet to choose ours but have so many PowerPoint presentations full of inspiration.

Airy Fairy, relaxing on your block and having a BBQ sounds nice. I will be keen to join BBQs sometime in the future!

Joejulesx, I am with you on the big garden. I love the idea of a nice backyard. Thanks for the tip of TFO too. We intend to get most flooring post handover so knowing where to get tiles is handy.

As for the airport, I was initially worried about noise but I guess we don't know how bad it will be until planes start (2020s?) And if it leads to better public transport I'll be happy.
joejulesx
Lstr -made me laugh about negotiating with TFO. Also I never thought about telling the builder yet about the tiles we are getting....just assumed they would fit - too funny!

Dreamhome - I've just caught up with the thread - so sorry to hear they hit rock with the plumbing, not what you need right now. I hope the rest of your build goes smoothly with no more surprises.

Hey joejules,

Congrats on the start! You know that blue building of yours is mighty expensive... lol.

As for the rock, I will let you know what the damage is when we know. Did your geotech report say you had rock? Hopefully it is just in parts as described by Rosewood. I will email you about the walking group. Would love to get involved if it is at a time I can do it.

Cheers
DH (should not abbreviate my screen name - it could be mistaken for something else).
Lol DH is popular on other forums for "Darling Husband". Some of those "Darling Husbands" are not very darling and the other abbreviation would be more appropriate!
Just had a drive by our dirt lol looks like our neighbors are also red pegged and cleared to start build also. Behind is fenced and formed ready to pour.

We are at developers atm. Then the council wait hope not to long of a wait...

Good to see progress for a few of us.
I know this is a little ahead of ourselves but does anyone have a price for a lap and cap wooden fence? If so, any chance you would share the price (per metre) with me? Trying to work out budget.

Also happy Easter for yesterday. How exciting that next year we should be celebrating in our own homes.
bluestone65
Just had a drive by our dirt lol looks like our neighbors are also red pegged and cleared to start build also. Behind is fenced and formed ready to pour.

We are at developers atm. Then the council wait hope not to long of a wait...

Good to see progress for a few of us.

Fingers crossed you get in and out of Council quickly. Penrith Council - many years ago - was one of the best. CDC was supposed to make the Councils work more efficiently. I'm hoping it was just the Christmas period that slowed them down.

GV Grande... Hoping all is going ok for you?
dream_home93
I know this is a little ahead of ourselves but does anyone have a price for a lap and cap wooden fence? If so, any chance you would share the price (per metre) with me? Trying to work out budget.

Also happy Easter for yesterday. How exciting that next year we should be celebrating in our own homes.

I'm interested in knowing too... I know someone mentioned pricing earlier in the forum but I think it was just an estimate and not a per metre price.
Not sure how good the price is but we paid $75 per metre for 1.8m high lapped and capped on steel posts.
robbie55
Not sure how good the price is but we paid $75 per metre for 1.8m high lapped and capped on steel posts.

Awesome and thank you!!!
Sorry everyone. I'm reading through but haven't had a chance to reply. Very busy Easter.

Happy Easter to all! Hope you all had a relaxing one.

Were all systems go for settlement. Less than a week. Driveway is in. Pics on blog. Love it.
How exciting Renski
Your place looks fabulous! You must be so excited!

I had a phone call today from the tile place. We were lucky enough to slot into an appointment tomorrow instead of having to wait weeks. Lucky because they think it will take 3 hours and I don't think the boss would like me taking off to choose some times. This is why I wanted it organised beforehand, but all I was told was I would be contacted when it would happen.

We also discovered an error in our plans. We were stressing about it a bit, but got an email back today saying the plans had been rectified thankfully!

This was all in the space of 10 minutes, so between that and a few relaxing drinks I think it has been a good afternoon!

Noticed some deliveries in the area this afternoon, so someone will be happy when they do their drive by

I am guessing our slab will be laid soon. Hopefully they will start the piering tomorrow or Monday. Can't wait, it's quite overdue!

Thinking about starting a blog, but kind of lazy. And busy. Not sure I'd do more than a few posts!
Airy that's so exciting you can choose tiles tomorrow. Make sure you share your selections with us. So much happened for you today! Lucky your plans were rectified.

I think you should start a blog. I'm really really busy but found the blog easier to update everyone all at once. Friends and family follow along. And I've created it to help other builders too. And Aldo a selfish reason for you to start one is that I love reading them. Therefore knowing that info you definitely be ex to start one lol

And just because I love all things blogs, forums and FB groups should we start an FB group? It can be closed so totally private. Only members see posts and photos. But it can extend beyond when we have built and be something for notifying members about things happening in the area too.
Congrats Renski. Did you get your keys?

As for us... We are getting framed!!!

The builders have been busy over this short week. Lots of new blocks being levelled, piered, formed, slabbed and framed. I even saw one dedicated brickie working on the public holidays. I'm hoping this weather remains as beautiful as it has been over the past few days.

Anyone on here made a start this week? If so congratulations! I love seeing all the properties starting - will make our little community safer as the estate fills.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum