Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My first home :)

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! My first post on here, and hopefully if all goes well it wont be my last.
So, my dilemma, my dream block (in a new small estate) was put on the market for $210k in October last year, the price has since been dropped to $185k.
So my mother has been through this a million times, we went in and put an offer of $160k as our starting offer. The real estate agent immediately stated the seller would decline our offer, but we put it in anyway. Then I heard from the agent later that day, the seller declined our offer. Mum reckons we should go up in increments of $5k amounts. We have been approved for the full amount but as we are over budget, we would prefer to spend anything we save for extras on our build!

Apart from that we have picked our house, we will be building with Statesman. George Giannakakis from Statesman has been an amazing support, and we are off to finalize our build details and costing Sunday night. So excited!

So, waiting for the agent to get back to me I suppose!! The waiting game...
Good luck! Exciting and nerve wracking at te same time
Tell me about it! I hate the waiting game, I'm so impatient!
all the best
I agree, keep coming back with higher amounts. Maybe get the agent to advise you are first home buyers and you can only afford X amount. If you make the owner wait a bit after they reject an offer, they may come back not wanting to lose a sale
Sooo, signing our contract for our land tonight! So exciting!
hooray
Congrats!
Where abouts in the hills are you building?
We (and a few others on here) are in Mt Barker.
Congrats on the land
We were going to build the Hampstead as well with Statesman up in Mt Barker at the grove
we loved that house really usable
As deluxes said where abouts are you building?!
Sounds exciting, teeshybee.
Hiya! Congrats on the land
Hi teeshybee! Good luck with the land and the house. What plan did you choose? I have George as a consultant as well and I am so grateful for all his help ( I have a bit of drama going on at the moment and he helps in solving it).
hope your build goes well
We are building near Lobethal!
So excited! Thanks everyone
Lovely spot. How are your house plans with Statesman going?
House plans have gone really well, recieved our master plans last week! Hopefully building starts the end of feb!
How exciting! Have you booked selections yet?
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum