Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

gypsum ceiling installed before metal roof is installed

Page 1 of 1
Hi there guys,

I am new to this forum and found that the forum is really helpful. We’re building with aussie living homes in honeywood estate wandi. We’re excited to see the progress of the house. At the moment, brickwork has been done, and roof timber is already up. What i found really interesting is that, the builder has already started installing the ceiling (gypsum, gyprock or whatever they call it?) in the alfresco and all around the house before the roof metal even been installed. The roof metal should be installed any day this week. I know its not gonna be long, but as you know the weather on July in Perth, it’s been pouring and even some occasional thunderstorm.

Does this affect the quality of the gypsum ? I’m afraid that the quality of the gypsum will not last at it should since its been exposed with water and sun at the same time. Might get soggy etc dont you think ??

here are the pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any of you guys experienced this ? inputs will be much appreciated!
That dosent look like Gyprock, its fibre cement sheet, hence the joins in the sheets. The same as they use in fences so its fairly weather resistant.
Jayboy21
That dosent look like Gyprock, its fibre cement sheet, hence the joins in the sheets. The same as they use in fences so its fairly weather resistant.

Thank you so much Jayboy21..such a relief to hear ! i know ill have an expert answer from this forum

thanks once again !
Intrestingly I had this question as well.. Our eaves and garage are nominated to be hardieflex material which are weather resistant etc.. But I have seen builders installing them on several homes before the roof goes on.. We are not upto that stage yet but I am very intrested to know if anyone questioned their builders..

see link below..

http://www.jameshardie.com.au/products/ ... Jan+12.pdf

if you scroll to page 4.. section 2.4 see below

2.4 durability
All sheets should be dry before fixing to framing. This will improve jointing durability. Sheets should not be fixed into position before the roof covering is installed and made watertight.
Related
30/12/2023
Cut metal with a mitre saw?

General Discussion

Fine with me... just let 'em step in with some affordable (but good) gear...

4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum