Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

building contract

Page 1 of 1
Please Help

Quote was colorbond with sarking but in contract colorbond only then rang up and asked sale man the answer is we build all house with sarking ,we don't have to mention

Quote was laminated finish kitchen cupboard but in contract malamin finish cupboard,then rang up and asked him,the answer is malamine and laminate is same finish.

In contract,prime cost and provi cost item page is empty. Is that right?

NEED HELP,PLEASE
I am a big believer in making sure it's in writing. If you are not happy ask for it to be changed.

Melamine isn't the same as Laminate.

Its not unusual to have no prime costs items although most building contracts have a provisional item for rock.

If you follow this link you will find some posts that explain prime cost and provisional sums: http://www.anewhouse.com.au/?cat=198
Have a look at how many posts exist on H1 that say "the salesman said this" and now it's not there admin just say "it's not in the contract therefore it's not included".

If it's always included then there is no reason it cannot be included in the contract too - no extra hardship for them is involved.
If they are not even willing to made small changes that make absolutely no difference to them at this point it makes you wonder how much they will do in your interests if there is some sort of issue later on.
This is the sort of attitude that many builders have towards their so-called 'valued customers' that has put me off going ahead with building and am now in the process of looking for an existing property to purchase.
Hi Suzan,
Definitely get it in writing – True, most builds use sarking under roofs, however – if in doubt, get them to send a quick email to confirm this is the case.
Let us know the outcome

Patrick Boucher
Thank you vey much ,help me a lot.contract fixed but not totally

he wrote- Malamine/laminate finished
no items in prime cost /provision-I don't know what to ask for?
If any help,greatly appreciated.
bashworth
I am a big believer in making sure it's in writing. If you are not happy ask for it to be changed.

Melamine isn't the same as Laminate.

Its not unusual to have no prime costs items although most building contracts have a provisional item for rock.

If you follow this link you will find some posts that explain prime cost and provisional sums: http://www.anewhouse.com.au/?cat=198

Thank you very much,I have read them. contract fixed,but not totally.
kitchen cupboard-lamanate/malamine
don't know what to ask for provi/prime cost? In specification,rocks removal -not included
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

9/02/2024
Should a building contract be checked by lawyers?

Building A New House

I've decided, after a period of confusion (my building broker told me it's probably not worth it to use a lawyer, but others have said it is a must) that I definitely will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum