Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds in SA (LOTS OF PICS)

Page 17 of 17
Hi Nathan,

Welcome

Great to see another SA simonds build!

We're stoked with them so far, and are about 6 weeks away from the finish line now.
Haydn was brilliant.

It'd be great if you started a thread and linked up your blog, love to follow people's progress and see what you've come up with.

nathanc01
Hi there congrats on the completion of your house. It looks great!

I've had a look at your progress pictures and love some of the colours you have chosen so no doubt ill be bookmarking this post for future reference when we get around to our colour selections

Congrats again

Thanks to everyone for the above comments, I'm sorry guys that its been so long since posting, we have been really busy with work as well as working around the house.
We have now finished the front yard to how we want it, I'm sure we will still make small changes to improve the look but overall very happy with the outcome.

Next on our list is the alfresco, we are doing very simple to start with, installing a shade sail across the full length just for some shade now that summer is coming, so that should be done next weekend.
Eventually we will deck and build a full weather proof veranda.

Last we will start the back yard, we hope to get it started before Xmas.

Again thanks for all the amazing comments, I will be getting back on the net and viewing all your homes

Finished building the deck outside the front door, we eventually get it stained to match the door.

Down lights installed, we are over the moon with the outcome.

The first of the LED light switches installed, soon we will get them all changed.
Oh wow... It looks fabulous. Those downlights look sensational.
You have done a wonderful job

We have a secondary measure up for a side verandah and deck tomorrow, but I don't know if we'll get council approval in time to have it installed before Christmas... but these are the trials with moving in to a brand new place!

So glad to see your updates, I always wonder how you guys are getting on
deluxes
Oh wow... It looks fabulous. Those downlights look sensational.
You have done a wonderful job

We have a secondary measure up for a side verandah and deck tomorrow, but I don't know if we'll get council approval in time to have it installed before Christmas... but these are the trials with moving in to a brand new place!

So glad to see your updates, I always wonder how you guys are getting on

We only just had the deck and down lights done in the last two weeks, so besides that their hasn't been much going on.
Your place is looking amazing deluxes, I'm looking forward to more pics

I'm still working an hour and half away from home so its hard finding time to get on and put some pics up, but day off today because I have the maintenance guy doing the last bit of work from when we had our 3 month inspection

Anyone building make sure you keep on top of them when it comes to getting this done, this has taken 7 months to complete (more than actually building the house lol)
Your front deck and downlights look great. How awesome is the clipsal saturn range, we'll be getting everything changed to that after handover.
Decking and lights look grand! Well done. The sail is a great idea.
Wow, looking even better. I remember reading this thread from the beginning a while back. What a great journey and beautiful home
Great work guys. Love the deck.
looks very stunning!!
wow
[quote="SA Simonds Sierra"]I have been a little bored this week with nothing been done to the house so decided to open up Photoshop again and see what the front yard will look like once done

quote]

Can I ask where you will get that lovely big pot in the front garden from .... if you've already found it.

Cheers
Hi there!
Not sure you'll be signing back into this forum post any time soon - but here goes!

My partner and I are also building through Simonds in South Australia (out at Freeling, Northern suburbs by heart), and we've just had the slab poured. We are so happy and excited, and then I found this post and all of your photos and I'm getting all giddy and excited even though you've probably been in your home for 2 years now!

The progress pictures were amazing! We've started our own little progress picture album on facebook and it's a wonderful way to keep our loved ones up with the building.
It's been so difficult to find anyone also building in SA and finding reviews for here, but your forum has definitely been a lovely insight, so thank you!
I hope your home is still just as wonderful and exciting, and I can't wait to be in the same boat as you, moving into our lovely, loving home!
Hey Kimberley
search this forum ... There's a lot of peeps here building with Simonds ATM and plenty in SA even Pallisade/Sierras. I built with Simonds, been in 5 months - LOVE my house. All the best with Yor build Freeling is beautiful
we have a shack (cottage) at Eudunda

Hi thank you! I will be jumping on there in a moment

My partner and I are building the Turin (altered to have littler luxuries) and so far we're extremely pleased.
I'm glad to hear that you've have a good experience too!!
Thank you again
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum