Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 41 of 45
So from experience, are the downlights NLH provide bright enough? We have 2 in each bedroom, 6 in the dining room and 3 in the living room (which are next to each other) We got these included in our package/tender.
Jade electrical told us they will check for us in regards to the 2 way pier lights once we give the electrical plan back to them, This is what they said:
Please note if you would like pier lighting we will need to attend site prior to electrical rough in with the brick staff as in some cases these pier light cannot be wire into property. The electrical plan would need to be finalised prior to brick work commencing.

our current 2 way switch is in the hallway - we were thinking of adding another one in the living room/dining room -
I am going to buy a new house soon. I have found one property for sale Bodrum for an affordable price. I always dreamed to live near the sea. Hope to finish with all documents soon and start the packing.
So we went past the block and it looks like that leveled it off, and put gravel (im guessing for the truck access?)

Hopefully this means they will start excavating sooN!!

Where u r building? Looks like Willowdale!
subhra1981
Where u r building? Looks like Willowdale!

Spring Farm
Good luck
ZoranaAlex, yes they will excavate, then put in formwork and then pour your concrete slab. It will happen over the next few days unless rain holds it up. Once the slab has cured, they will deliver your frames. Then it gets really exciting!
pw1923
ZoranaAlex, yes they will excavate, then put in formwork and then pour your concrete slab. It will happen over the next few days unless rain holds it up. Once the slab has cured, they will deliver your frames. Then it gets really exciting!

Thanks for that
we ended up getting a private building inspector and he said he will contact our SS, however, he never answered!!
He also just wants to know whats happening and when they expect to start work.. By the looks of it theres no rain showing in the next week, just a very cold -3 in the morning!
Did you have to pay for electricity during the construction stage? I got a bill from AGL it did not say any useage details so probably this is just the set up fee which is $52.

We still haven't got anything, since nothing has been happening! But I'm guessing its the set up fee
Any one hired third party house inspector during hand over inspection? NLH acknowledge their report? Will it be helpfull? Any preferred inspection company and how much they charge? Plz share your experience
subhra1981
Any one hired third party house inspector during hand over inspection? NLH acknowledge their report? Will it be helpfull? Any preferred inspection company and how much they charge? Plz share your experience

we just hired one, but we only just started our build.. im hoping NLH acknowledges the report!! Don’t want to pay the inspector for nothing in the end.. our one is chargine $2400 for the whole build
NLH will fix everything as they did for me. But you have to chase them and make sure all done.

sudu
NLH will fix everything as they did for me. But you have to chase them and make sure all done.

Thanks Sudu have you hired inspector? Did they fixed inspectors' finding? Did you wait to move in untill they fix everything or after? After the first inspection did u hv any other inspection before move? How many days after first inspection u move in?
subhra1981
sudu

Thanks Sudu have you hired inspector? Did they fixed inspectors' finding? Did you wait to move in untill they fix everything or after? After the first inspection did u hv any other inspection before move? How many days after first inspection u move in?

Yes I hired the inspector. NLH fixed everything.... But after we moved in there is some issues with appliances and they r still fixing it. Hope we don't have major issues after 90 days maintenance period with NLH.
sudu
subhra1981
sudu

Yes I hired the inspector. NLH fixed everything.... But after we moved in there is some issues with appliances and they r still fixing it. Hope we don't have major issues after 90 days maintenance period with NLH.

Which company inspector you hired and how much you pay for that?
Did you move in before they fixed everything or you waited?
Any one knows What sort of rain water tank NLH provides if its not upgraded? They did not hand over my house yet, but one of my saw my rain water from out side and he says it looks horrible. It looks like boxes and this is not slimline water tank. Any one knows more about it? Why their one different from others? Do they promiss to provide slimline!
This (type of tank) should be mentioned in your tender. If they are changing they will inform you.

Our tender says 3000l Slimline water tank - check your tender, it should say
Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum