Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 24 of 45
I am also building with NLH, it is Ivy4 Custom design. Waiting for land to register sometime oct/nov next year.
We have built the Azalea 4 (or the 4.3 as it was called) and have moved in recently. We love the nice open living area and the butlers pantry is fantastic. Very happy with the design. The build quality is decent (a few minor issues but nothing major). Build speed was fairly quick but dragged out at the end due to problems getting the main floor tiles
JordanSpringsNovice
We have built the Azalea 4 (or the 4.3 as it was called) and have moved in recently. We love the nice open living area and the butlers pantry is fantastic. Very happy with the design. The build quality is decent (a few minor issues but nothing major). Build speed was fairly quick but dragged out at the end due to problems getting the main floor tiles

Hi JordanSpringsNovice
Sorry for the late reply.
Did you do any upgrades or changes to the original design?
No Changes to the original design but did do a few basic upgrades like sarking and bulkheads in the kitchen
For those who have completed their homes w/ NLH, how long did it take to finish the house... how many months?
We will be building with NLH but havent locked anything in yet but i was wondering roughly how much they were charging for data points and if they allowed you to bring your own guy in to do it?

TIA

Seven88
For those who have completed their homes w/ NLH, how long did it take to finish the house... how many months?

Hi Seven88

Our house is not completed yet, but hope this will give you an idea.

Started in 2nd week of October 2015, Wet area tiling and kitchen were completed last week (after lockup stage).

In January, I requested an early completion as my current rental is on sale (got to know that someone deposited y’day). I’ve been told end April as completion time. Not very happy, but we hope our SS will try his best to complete it before end of April (At this stage ….can’t even imagine moving to another place).

Accordingly, it could be 6+ months (including 2 week December holiday). Will update you with exact duration once they complete.
DvS-
We will be building with NLH but havent locked anything in yet but i was wondering roughly how much they were charging for data points and if they allowed you to bring your own guy in to do it?

TIA

Hi DvS

Sentinel Alarms is the company doing Data points and security system for NLH. Their direct price was AUD 80+VAT ( roughly 90/- in February 2016) . If you get if through NLH it can cost you few dollars more.
igu
DvS-

TIA

Hi DvS

Sentinel Alarms is the company doing Data points and security system for NLH. Their direct price was AUD 80+VAT ( roughly 90/- in February 2016) . If you get if through NLH it can cost you few dollars more.

Thanks for the info.

Is it worth getting done post build? I know its easier during the build to run the cables but at approx $90 per point it can get quite expensive for the amount of points im after.

DvS-
igu
DvS-

TIA

Hi DvS

Thanks for the info.

Is it worth getting done post build? I know its easier during the build to run the cables but at approx $90 per point it can get quite expensive for the amount of points im after.

I added only one extra data point/telephone (for cable TV) and couple of TV points. Didn't think of outsourcing as I was worried about unforeseen warranty issues (haven't checked on this though). Yes, savings mostly depend on amount of points and price difference.
Hi Igu,

Would you mind sharing your build process in this forum or some pictures? Which house you are building and where? Hope you get in on time before your rental ends.

Thanks
Sudu
[quote="sudu"]Hi Igu,

Would you mind sharing your build process in this forum or some pictures? Which house you are building and where? Hope you get in on time before your rental ends.

Thanks

Hi Sudu

We are building Azalia 4 at Willodale.

This is how things progressed for us so far. I tried attaching pictures from Earth work stage but didn't work as I am not using Tap a Talk. I will do this soon. Anything questions, please post it or PM. All the best for your construction.

22/05/2015 - Land got registered
05/06/2015 – NLH lodged design approval with the developer (Stockland)
18/06/2015 – Settlement ( after 2 week delay due to erroneous valuation report by the bank
19/06/2015 – NLH Re-lodged the design approval as it got returned/rejected due to missing docs
03/07/2015 – Developer approval received
02/09/2015 – Received CDC approval
09/09/2015 – Received “Construction commencement letter” from the bank and all validation docs completed.

11/10/2015 – Earth work commenced

24/10/2015 – Slab poured

10/11/2015 – Frames delivered

13/11/2015 – Frame completed

26/11/2015 – Brick work commenced

19/12/2015 – Bricking completed, Roof tiles delivered and closed for holidays

16/01/2016 – Roof completed

27/01/2016 – Insulation, Electrical and plumbing rough ins

27/01/2016 to 10/02/2016 – Gyprock and doorframes completed

11/02/2016 – 14/02/2016 internal paint work and LOCKUP

22/02/2016 – Kitchen cupboards installed
23/02/2016 – Kitchen benches installed
25/02/2016 – Bathtub and wet area tiles delivered
Wet area tiling has now been completed.
Hi Igu, any further updates on your build process ? Happy so far ?
Hi Guys,

I m going to build with NLM too. I went through all the comments in this topic but couldnt find any reviews on Dilusso. As part of Essentials Plus package we get Dilusso cooker, dishwasher, microwave oven and rangehood. I couldnt find much reviews online too. Any reviews?

Thanks
ak87
Hi Guys,

I m going to build with NLM too. I went through all the comments in this topic but couldnt find any reviews on Dilusso. As part of Essentials Plus package we get Dilusso cooker, dishwasher, microwave oven and rangehood. I couldnt find much reviews online too. Any reviews?

Thanks

Hi ak87, we also have the Essentials package which comes with the Dilusso appliances. I tried to get the appliances deleted and a credit returned, but they were very pushy in having me keep them. I ended up getting a credit for the dishwasher, and we are still negotiating the other two. Worst case scenario I will replace them after handover and sell it on gumtree.

Pros they have told me are:
Di Lusso is made in the same factory as Baumatic, so it is essentially the same quality for cheaper
It has a 3 year warranty (other appliances only have 1 or 2 year), so you know they are good

They stressed the quality for cheaper bit quite heavily. The only reason they refunded me the dishwasher was because I told them I was set on the F&P dishwasher drawers. They tried to tell me it was a bad choice because it was overpriced - maybe so, but I was concerned about not breaking my back bending over and also I've almost tripped and fell on the standard open door dishwashers one too many times.
Thanks for your input Figs01. We have decided to go with Dilusso appliances for now. May be in few years down the line we will look into better ones (After saving some cash
).

We are still waiting on the Land to get registered (Mostly likely in Jan 2017).
ak87
Thanks for your input Figs01. We have decided to go with Dilusso appliances for now. May be in few years down the line we will look into better ones (After saving some cash
).

We are still waiting on the Land to get registered (Mostly likely in Jan 2017).

Hi ak87,

I am also building with NLH. before that I did some reviews/feedback from couple of people who built with NLH and living. They all are happy with the built and the appliances.

Regards

Hi Guys,

I recently checked with NLM, they have changed their kitchen appliances to Euromaid. No more Dilusso appliances.
Thanks.
Is that a better brand does anyone know?
Hi Steve_89,

Brand wise Euromaid is better than Dilusso.

Cheers
Related
24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum