Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 21 of 45
I thought they had 20 days?
I thought that too and that was written on the Validation Letter with the final documents they get you to sign and send back which i did last Wednesday 25/03 and the letter said the 20 days starts from the date they get all docs back but I've seen some people say its 20 days from being released to construction..

Just wanting to check with anyone that has started the build already to see what happened with them?
Hi everyone, newbie here. Just wanted to confirm if it is an SOP for NLH not to provide the land contract until you sign the building contract? We've been advised by our solicitor not to sign until he reviews the land contract. We've asked NLH but they only provided the frontpage of the land contract and asked us to sign the building contract first before they provide the land contract. Is this a standard procedure for everyone buying an H&L package from NLH?
I can't remember what order it happened in, but we had to sign the building contract before we could sign the land contract. As I said I can't remember the order of what paperwork we received, but we definitely had to sign building contract first.
For me I was provided with a copy of land contract before I signed the building contract (the full land contract over 300 pages) however I had to sign the building contract before I signed the land. NLH had to provide a release to the developer before they would exchange. It may be different with different developers however
newbies8993
I thought that too and that was written on the Validation Letter with the final documents they get you to sign and send back which i did last Wednesday 25/03 and the letter said the 20 days starts from the date they get all docs back but I've seen some people say its 20 days from being released to construction..

Just wanting to check with anyone that has started the build already to see what happened with them?

Hi newbies8993,

The 20 days starts from the date we have received all of your final validation documents. Then your 'build time' begins. Notification is sent for a 'peg out' and for excavation to begin. The time between notification and commencement can vary between 1-10 days due to contractor availability. You should have received a red booklet which outlines the Building Contract, if you have not received one please call us.

Thank you, enjoy your Easter break.
New Living Homes
jominix
Hi everyone, newbie here. Just wanted to confirm if it is an SOP for NLH not to provide the land contract until you sign the building contract? We've been advised by our solicitor not to sign until he reviews the land contract. We've asked NLH but they only provided the frontpage of the land contract and asked us to sign the building contract first before they provide the land contract. Is this a standard procedure for everyone buying an H&L package from NLH?

Hello jominix,

Yes it is a standard procedure for the Building Contract to be signed and returned to us before we proceed with the Land Contract. It is a legal requirement on our behalf. Please give us a call anytime if you need further assistance.

Thank you, enjoy your Easter break.
New Living Homes
Going through the contract stage with NLH at the moment. Will be building in the Emerald Hills estate next to Willowdale. Was wondering how long did it take for the land contracts to be sent to the solicitor after signing building contract? Just asking because my partner and I will be going away for a 5 weeks at the end of June and would rather get the initial part of the contracts out of the way.

Does anyone have any idea what Jade Electrical charge to do work?

Mainly installing downlights, fans & pendants?

Just trying to work out an approximate cost...

Thanks
newbies8993
Does anyone have any idea what Jade Electrical charge to do work?

Mainly installing downlights, fans & pendants?

Just trying to work out an approximate cost...

Thanks

Hey newbies8993 - checkout an earlier post made by JnSWillowdale here for some prices.
Figs01
Going through the contract stage with NLH at the moment. Will be building in the Emerald Hills estate next to Willowdale. Was wondering how long did it take for the land contracts to be sent to the solicitor after signing building contract? Just asking because my partner and I will be going away for a 5 weeks at the end of June and would rather get the initial part of the contracts out of the way.

Hi there Figs01, I'll be building with NLH at Greenway Living Estate in Colebee and my solicitor received the land contract within 5 business days after I had paid the initial non-refundable $2k deposit. So it was very quick, in my case.
Thanks for that @dotgif
dotgif
Figs01

Hi there Figs01, I'll be building with NLH at Greenway Living Estate in Colebee and my solicitor received the land contract within 5 business days after I had paid the initial non-refundable $2k deposit. So it was very quick, in my case.

Wow that's quick. It's been a few weeks and we haven't heard anything from our solicitor yet however over the weekend we did add a few extras to our package. So maybe the contract is being redrafted.
Figs01
Wow that's quick. It's been a few weeks and we haven't heard anything from our solicitor yet however over the weekend we did add a few extras to our package. So maybe the contract is being redrafted.

@Figs01 - it could perhaps be a different process for packages released for your estate? For us (Greenway purchasers), the process is:
- on sales day, pay $2k deposit to reserve the lot
- within 10 business days, sign building contract and pay 10% of house price (less the initial deposit)
- within 2-4 weeks, sign exchange land contract and pay 5% of land price

As I mentioned earlier, my conveyancer received the land contract within 5 business days.

Did NLH explain the process to you when you made the initial deposit to reserve the package? They normally do. Might be worthwhile making a friendly inquiry with NLH on when the land contract will be sent to your conveyancer?
No we have spoken to them and have been in the office a few times. I've messaged my lawyer a couple of times but he hasn't received anything yet.

That's the same process in going through as well but I've only paid the holding deposit and that was a few weeks ago. I might give them a call again tomorrow morning.

HI All,

Has any one done feature wall painting while construction and does anyone know if the NLH painting contractor can paint some feature walls while construction and how much they would ccharge for this?
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone built the Grevillea 4 with NLH?
Hey

Just wondering when did people first hear from their site supervisor?

We are about to have our slab poured and we haven't heard from ours at all as of yet...
Hey Newbies

Ours didn't contact us until I sent an email to him.

I presume we would have the same person so I can give you his number if you like.
Hey Mel_2302

No worries thanks for replying!

I emailed him before construction started and get a two word reply lol

I'll have to send him another one and see what happens I guess...

Related
24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum