Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 19 of 45
I have my walkthrough on Tuesday then bank inspection on the Wednesday
. If all goes well I might get the keys next week
blackenator

Good luck @blackenator. Hope it all goes well and you can start enjoying your new house
blackenator

How'd you go? did you do the walk through?

JnSWILLOWDALE
blackenator

How'd you go? did you do the walk through?

went well I should be getting the keys on Monday morning

Only need the driveway to be done and they need to install the appliances and do touch-ups
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone chose Shale Grey for their Garage Door & Moroka Texture? I'd love to see some pics
Also has anybody upgraded their Garage Door to a wooden look to match the entry door? If so, how much extra did you pay?
AHM1985
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone chose Shale Grey for their Garage Door & Moroka Texture? I'd love to see some pics
Also has anybody upgraded their Garage Door to a wooden look to match the entry door? If so, how much extra did you pay?

Not sure if this is what u mean.
We didn't pay extra for this colour garage.

@JnSWILLOWDALE - if you don't mind me asking what is that garage door range and colour?

We are building the same look house as the one in the picture by NLH and trying to work out which one you went with?

Thanks
If you look up the gliderol website (their supplier) it's on there. It's called "terrain". Just their standard range.

Oh ok thank you @JnSWILLOWDALE...

I thought it was from the Timber Like range 'Caoba' as it looks like timber from that angle...

We have been given as standard the Panel Glide, Madison Range in Woodland Grey...

We were going to switch to the Timber like Caoba...

Does your door have the timber look to it as well?

Without being a pain do you happen to have another photo of it at all?

Thank you so much @JnSWILLOWDALE!

Really appreciate it!
So we just got a letter from Lendlease today saying that our plans have been approved by them but we will need to have a retaining wall built apparently...

Does anyone know if this is covered by the builder or we have to pay for this out of our own pocket? Our contract was a Fixed Site Costs contract but not sure if that is covered or not.

Will confirm with NLH on monday but wondering if anyone on here knows...

Thanks
newbies8993
So we just got a letter from Lendlease today saying that our plans have been approved by them but we will need to have a retaining wall built apparently...

Does anyone know if this is covered by the builder or we have to pay for this out of our own pocket? Our contract was a Fixed Site Costs contract but not sure if that is covered or not.

Will confirm with NLH on monday but wondering if anyone on here knows...

Thanks

You will have to pay for retaining walls yourself. I built with new living and they do not include that. More than likely you could build your fence with sleepers and split costs with your neighbours.

Started with my garden today. Hopefully roll out the turf this Saturday and my house can finally look complete!

Looks great JNSwillowdale.
Congratulation on the new house.

Our land just registered yesterday and now we are waiting for section 149 certificate and CDC. I have been told that it has been applied since last 2 weeks.

Can you please guide me as I want to install downlights and change some electricals so that we have a surge protector and more points in lounge, master bedroom and theater. Can this be done through the contractor while construction? Did you have any updated for electricals in your house? and what else can i upgrade in electricals in the house as that is long term?
Scifi9 if I were you I would just make sure you have your outdoor power points everywhere where you want them. If not have indoor power points located in a position that it would be easy to go back to back with an outside one if needed.

Also if you plan on adding lights in your eaves later have the contractor chuck a cable in during construction. Will save some troubles down the track.
You can organise your electrical directly with the Electrician but you will have to pay them directly which is good if you want to save some money as NLH charges 20% on the bill from recollection. I've been told the Electrician will contact you when construction starts. We will be starting on ours soon so we're ready to go when the time comes. If anyone wants to share their plans please do
Thanks Ebs and Ahm.

We are waiting for the section 149 certificate and then CDC process will start.

We are ready to start construction asap. NLH is a bit different so no real appointments or changes. Thinking of speaking to the electrician to install downlighrs and have extra plugs usb and surge for power points. Also planning to speak to the window person to see if they can install the screens and blinds. But not sure how that will work. Can't change the paint or anything else.

Carpets are also not of very high quality but we could not change this. Do u have any plans and us the above possible to speak to the contractors direct? Also did anyone hire an independent inspector and is it needed?
New living homes use jade electrical for all electrical work, we made heaps of changes with our house and we just paid contractor direct... Cutting out the middleman saves heaps.

We also have done our own carpet and floor boards.
We made a few changes to our plan. NLH were pretty flexible with some things but not with others. From our experience it doesn't hurt to ask. We are doing our own bamboo flooring to the main areas but getting them to do the carpet in the bedrooms/theatre & tiles to wet areas.
Related
24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum