Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 1 of 45
Has anyone built a New Living Home? My Partner and I are looking at building the Camelia 4 and doing some research

Things like hidden costs, quality of build/workmanship, customer service or any other help/advice would be appreciated on previous home owners who have built with them.
Hi,

Just wondering if you decided to commence building with New Living Homes and what your experience has been. We are currently deciding between New Living Homes - Willow 4 and Beechwood Homes.

Keen to hear what your thoughts are .
moocow69
Hi,

Just wondering if you decided to commence building with New Living Homes and what your experience has been. We are currently deciding between New Living Homes - Willow 4 and Beechwood Homes.

Keen to hear what your thoughts are .

No we haven't decided yet moocow69... we are sitting and saving at this point

I haven't seen the Willow design... will have to have a look when I am next at Brooks Reach
Hi,

The Willow design is at Twin Waters in Nowra. I think the one at Brooks Reach is a Ivy, so a bit smaller. Than the Willow.
I am building an investment home with them. I have found no hidden costs. The process is very streamlined. It's just waiting for land to register which takes the most time. This is a developer concern not with the builder though. Customer service is fantastic... I deal with Linda at spring farm for everything. I built with a different builder for my current home, and was passed to many different people throughout the admin side. Very convenient getting things signed and dealing with the one person all the time. I also find their upgrades reasonably priced. I upgraded to flyscreens, security doors, full turf to property, clothesline, letterbox, tiles to traffic areas that's all I can think for the moment.
My partner and I just put a deposit on a tender for the "grevillea 4". They do a fixed price contract and have been completely straight forward with everything. We are dealing with Tony at the spring farm office. He is down to earth and completely honest. I don't feel like we are talking to a salesman when we go to see him. The inclusions are great value for money I think. For first home buyers and people who want a nice home but don't want to go too extravagant or blow their budget I'd highly recommend them.

Starting to get excited... The land registered Friday. It will settle on the 26th. I am hoping NLH start before April... I will keep you posted.
We had CDC approval during the week, and I am hoping they start still before April.
I had red pegs last Friday and a site scrape two days ago and road base is laid down for a temp driveway. Yesterday I had to connect the electricity so it's ready for the builder, and today a site fence went up. Can't wait to see what progress is made next week.
The wet weather has delayed the slab... I will try and get there on Wednesday to see where if it's down.
I have a slab... Checked this morning but got the invoice for it on Tuesday. I have also paid the slab payment... Next stage frames, windows, guttering... I forget my colours... Can't wait for it all to take shape.
My frames arrived on Tuesday. I will try get out tomorrow morning and see if they have started assembling... The next payment stage is full brick... When I built my first house they did roof first then brick... I wonder if NLH are the same? I looked up tonight I have Austral Everyday lifestyle range bricks in Engage, Monier Elabana roof tiles in barramundi and monument gutters and fascia. My garage door will be in surf mist and the windows white... I can't wait to see what it looks like.
Roof tiling was completed earlier in the week, bricks arrived on Wednesday. Just been too dark to see the colours when I finish work. Hoping to get out on the weekend to see the progress and take some pictures.
Bricks have been onsite for over a week, no action
hoping a bricklayer will be there on Wednesday. C'mon NLH pick up your socks.
Hi 1sttimebuilding2012, I'm thinking of going with NLH for my first home as well. How's your build coming along? Are you happy with NLH so far? Did they lock-in your site costs or did you go over? Any hidden costs so far?

Sorry too many questions.
Its good to ask lots of questions. Once I signed my contract there were no other costs... Prices were fixed. Bricks are finished. So half way there.
Thanks Mate. Good luck with your build.
A lot of work has been done internally... Insulation, air con, wiring, plumbing, waterproofing, gyprock, cornice, and they are about to start to put the doors, skirting and woodwork around the doorways. I think I will be at lockup by the end of the week.
Wow congrats! We are still waiting for new living to get soil test results!

Hi everyone, sorry to bring up an oldish topic but I've signed my building contract with New Living Homes and am just waiting for land to register. I've been 100% happy with their customer service so far and love dealing with one person.

Apart from the above posts has anyone else had any experiences they can share about these builders. And of anyone has completed their home can you please let me know what you were happy with or what could have been better.

Thank you in advance!
Related
24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum