Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

DUCTED VACUUMING AND VACPAN

Page 6 of 7
donuts
SuH
houseofl
I have a friend who has ducted in her new home and doesn't have the sock cover - she told me about the new sock cover and said to definitely get it. She showed me the marks on her walls and skirts etc from her hose.

JL

Thanks for that, I will enquire tomorrow.

Suh if you find out about these socks can you let me know, they sound brilliant?

Also can I get socks for my children so they don't make marks on the wall. ROFL

yes I will, I ordered one this morning donuts, they are slightly cushioned so that they don't harm the walls, I get pretty wild when I vacuum
Hi SuH

Can you tell me what system you ordered - and from where? I am going shopping tomorrow.......would like to know where to start.....

JL
UPDATE ON HOSE COVERSI got myself a new padded hose sock last week. It is much better than the knitted grey stretchy type, doesn't attract fluff off my mats and has a zipper all the way along it and velcro closures at each end. Got it on the internet for $70, heaps better and softer.
Hi SuH, would you mind PMing me the seller details if they are offering any more?
It is actually an online shopping site for ducted vacuum stuff
www.ductedvacuumcentre.com.au
We are doing a huge rebuild/renovation & have just had the vacuum system & vacpan partially installed (no flooring/walls yet). Always had an electrolux vacuum of which my last one is quite a few years old now & it's so heavy & sounds like a tractor
I'm looking forward to this new system like you wouldn't believe

We went with A&M ducted vacuum system. 3 points $1335

I know I'm going to LOVE this system with the vacpan especially because of my dog who looses his fur daily

Jazz
Thanks SuH. For some reason when I read your post I thought that you'd bought it off ebay! I'll definitely check out that site.
lizzy stardust
Thanks SuH. For some reason when I read your post I thought that you'd bought it off ebay! I'll definitely check out that site.

It's great lizzy, it doesn't drag on things, kind of a slippery shiny fabric, $70 includes postage.
Does anyone have an AUSKAY ducted sustem and if so are you happy with it?
The ducted vacuum system I am looking at has an Airflow l/s of 44.3. It is for an almost 400sqm two storey house. I've compared the Airflow to that of other ducted vacuum systems in a similar price range and they have almost 3 times as much :S

Do you know how much Airflow l/s your system produces????

Some other specs for this 44.3 Airflow system:

Power Consumption Watts = 1864 watts
Sealed Vacuum mm H2O (max) = 3702
gettingThere
The ducted vacuum system I am looking at has an Airflow l/s of 44.3. It is for an almost 400sqm two storey house. I've compared the Airflow to that of other ducted vacuum systems in a similar price range and they have almost 3 times as much :S

Do you know how much Airflow l/s your system produces????

Some other specs for this 44.3 Airflow system:

Power Consumption Watts = 1864 watts
Sealed Vacuum mm H2O (max) = 3702

There are a few factors in getting the right system for the size of your home
This may help you
http://www.aussievac.com.au/pages/defau ... e_id=25546
http://www.aussievac.com.au/pages/defau ... e_id=34345
After being in our new house and using the ducted vacuum for about 8 months I thought I would give a brief synopsis of what we think about it, firstly everyone seemed to rave about the Vacpan but this is probably the thing we use least, don't get me wrong when we do have crumbs etc we do use it but maybe we are not that grubby in the kitchen!
The thing we like most is the vacuum is so convenient we use it much more than we ever did with the old drag it around behind you job, in all the time we have used it I only emptied it this week and it STILL wasn't anywhere near full!

BUT my most favourite thing about it is I have another hose in the garage and I now ALWAYS have a nicely vacuumed car! It's SO easy.
So good to hear vid! I too am looking forward to having a nice clean car for a change, with our unit in the garage and extra hose for that purpose! LOL
Back in our house now for around 12 weeks and just want to let you know I LOVE our vacuum system .... so convenient, simple and light to use, it's not the chore that it used to be

Love the vacpan too ...... nothing to complain about at all, so if you're thinking about investing in one, go for it, it's the best

Jazz
why do you need an extra hose? can't you just bring the hose from the house into the garage and plug it into the unit? I believe (
) this is what you can do with ours.
donuts
why do you need an extra hose? can't you just bring the hose from the house into the garage and plug it into the unit? I believe (

We just wanted another one because the floor of the garage is not as clean as the rest of the house and didn't want to get the other one dirty dragging on the garage floor, the one in the garage is not a "whizzy" one with a switch on it it's just a "plain" one and didn't cost us very much at all.
vid
donuts

We just wanted another one because the floor of the garage is not as clean as the rest of the house and didn't want to get the other one dirty dragging on the garage floor, the one in the garage is not a "whizzy" one with a switch on it it's just a "plain" one and didn't cost us very much at all.

Very sensible of you especially if you have a switched hose, should you drop it on the concrete floor you could break it and no more switchy and they are too expensive to reduce back to a non switch state! As you say a second non switchable hose is cheap and I think if it's there all the time you are more inclined to use it.
oh ok
our main one is a plain non-switchy one anyway. would agree that our garage floor is too dirty to drag ir over also!
This has been great to read.....would love to know approx costs from anyone that has installed in 2010 or 2011?

It seems 2 or 3 years ago the price was around $1400 - $1800.......are we still under $2000 in 2011???

Thank you!
I paid 1800 for 3 points and vac pan (4th point) works great and I love the vac pan feature. Well worth it for us
Related
11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum