Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 715 of 730
ms_jd
kly525
ms_jd
[quote="kly525"][quote="kly525"][quote="Izee"]How long does it usually take from Post Contract to Construction? We've just signed and are in our 90 day post contract period but these 90 days run over the 1 month industry shutdown in Dec-Jan.

Based on the timeline M has given us, it will take up to 83 working days for everything to be done - making it virtually impossible for us to be in construction before the 90 day period finishes - meaning we will probably have to pay the $950 per month even whilst they aren't doing any work over those 30 days of shutdown?

Anyone else been in a similar situation before? Does M extend this period to take into account the industry shutdown?
Does it state that in your tender? Mine did not and they tried to charge us the $950 and I told them no way are we agreeing to pay. They reversed the charges as it was not part of the tender.
Also they mentioned that if you signed the contract early they add additional days onto your 90 days. I.e. if you had until march 30 to sign ur contracts but signed on the 1st march they add an extra 29 days to your 90 days. At least that was what they told me...but as i said that was not in our tender so i told them in the nicest possible way i ain't paying regardless of how many days over

We just started our 46 weeks construction period as of Friday 27 October. So yah us

I think we have the same timeline kly525.
Took us 5 months from DA approval to construction. Just released into construction yesterday.

[/quote]Where are you building ms_jd?
We are over at Willowdale

[/quote]

South west Sydney. Do you have a timeline for slab and frames? Just wondering whether it is fine to have the frames sitting around during Xmas break. What do you guys think?
Also, has anyone had any tradies work during M's shutdown period?

Frames are fine to sit exposed for 3 months. The flooring is max 3 months weather exposure by manufacturer otherwise it starts to warp. Ours was bang on 3 months and they need to sand it down before carpet otherwise you will feel joins underneath.

Our trades did nothing for a month at slab stage and actually poured slab on 04/01 right in middle of shutdown. Was a 38 degree day also.

One month shutdown should stop the clock on your 90 days. We are about to go through our second shutdown since construction started (early nov 16) so not impressed at lack of construction speed.

[/quote]

Hi All

We have to pay the $950 per month for every month past March 17. There has been various delays with the land registering and it is now supposed to register in December 17. Although with the major stuff ups with the developer I expect that won't be happening. I had put provisional in my contract for upgrades etc of $15,000 but that will now just be swallowed up with the $950 per month. It will be 2 years in December 17 that we started this whole process so I have a long way to go yet.

Cathy
MartinsHarmony
The ticker on our contract stopped over the shutdown period and started again in the New Year. From memory we were into day 8 of construction when shutdown started, we started back up on day 9 of construction around the 16th of January.

Having said that, we did go over on our pre-construction timeline and were charged the $950 per month. This was largely due to delays in local Council which are not accomodated in the M contract.
If you are unclear, just ask your pre-construction coordinator (PCC) to clarify the timeline. We found our PCC very helpful and reasonable in explaining the whole process.

We have been busy fitting out our laundry, we ended up going with IKEA flat packs. It was a mission but we are happy with the end result. Now working on our study space.

My sheer linen curtains were installed today. Just LOVE them.
I'm really pleased with how they have softened the big space.
For anyone in the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie/Hunter area, I'd absolutely reccomend Valley Vogue for curtains. Fantastic range, well priced and excellent service.

Your sheers look fantastic. Are you getting curtains for night time as well. I have a top loader washing machine so was trying to think of how I can incorporate that in the layout and yours looks great. I have a toddler as well so also washing so an indoor washing line would be a great idea.

Cathy
PCI day has finally arrived!!!

So excited that this day has finally arrived and that the light is well and truly alight at the end of the tunnel!

Hopefully I’ll have some updated pics this afternoon!

http://preludehome.tumblr.com/
beeprelude

So excited that this day has finally arrived and that the light is well and truly alight at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats beeprelude

Hi
Has anyone done the bamboo flooring from Masterton? It looks like they have around 3 or 4 choices on bamboo. Can someone tell me how is the flooring look and quality. Also did anyone have bamboo floor done for the first floor? This is for Villina elite.

Can someone please suggest / advise on the 500 X 500 tiles provided as standard. How is the quality. Does it cost much to upgrade to 600 X 600 tiles? I am thinking about staying with the 500 X 500 tiles. Any suggestions please.
Thanks
Buildinsydney
beeprelude

Congrats hope all went well. When do you get keys?

buildinsydney
Hi
Has anyone done the bamboo flooring from Masterton? It looks like they have around 3 or 4 choices on bamboo. Can someone tell me how is the flooring look and quality. Also did anyone have bamboo floor done for the first floor? This is for Villina elite.

Can someone please suggest / advise on the 500 X 500 tiles provided as standard. How is the quality. Does it cost much to upgrade to 600 X 600 tiles? I am thinking about staying with the 500 X 500 tiles. Any suggestions please.
Thanks
Buildinsydney

You can book a pre-selection appointment with the flooring company and tiling company to get an idea on pricing and the flooring that is included. There were plenty of options in the 500x500 tile range.

The colours of the bamboo flooring included were ugly - we opted for laminate flooring as there was a much bigger variety.
kly525
beeprelude

Our final inspection is booked for 2 weeks and hopefully keys not long
After that! So damn excited.

Starting to narrow down the options now.

Tempus Elite and Sanctuary Elite both great designs.

Masterton launching new pricing package available Feb 2018.
Hi all,

Has anyone had banging noises and loud cracking on the roof? We have a colourbond roof and these noises throughout the day and some at night time. Could it be that the roof was no installed properly? Would appreciate your comments.
beeprelude
kly525
beeprelude

Oh man how exciting. So how long did it take for your build?

kly525
beeprelude
kly525
[quote="beeprelude"]PCI day has finally arrived!!!

Oh man how exciting. So how long did it take for your build?

[/quote]

Our actual build wasn’t too long at all in the scheme of things. Our slab was laid in March and out contract isn’t due to finish til March next year.

However it has been almost 3 years since we signed our contract! So our move can’t come soon enough! We’ve been living with my parents for 2.5 years ( their house is on the same property as our new build so living there has its advantages) so we are well and truly ready to have our own space !

Woo Hoo beeprelude!!! Cannot wait to see pics! I hear you on counting down the days ... we too lived with my folks and those last couple of weeks were the hardest. I'm so excited for you!

buildinsydney - we were really impressed with the range of M floor tiles. Apparently M have one of the widest range of "included" tiles, compared to other project builders. We had 500x500 tiles included but ended up choosing a 450x450 tile as I wanted a crisper white floor tile - not cream or beige. I've posted some pics below. I'm really happy with the result. As mentioned, we went with tiles so can't offer any advice on the bamboo.

olivegr - I've not noticed any banging noises and we too have Colorbond roof. It does creak & groan a little in wind but not so much that I stop notice it.

MartinsHarmony - Thank you. We've informed M about loud banging and noises but no responses to emails and calls. Might have to involve DFT if the issues are continuously ignored. On a lighter note, your house looks beautiful, love the Hamptons style.
Thanks building home
Yes. M doesn't have much options in bamboo. I will visit the flooring people as per your suggestion. Thanks.
Hi MartinsHarmony

Your floor looks great. Looks like there is lot of choice in 450 tiles also. Your tiles have been laid well without the grout . Just wanted to know whether you had to pay extra for tiles and any extra for laying without a grout.
Thanks
Buildinsydney

MartinsHarmony
Woo Hoo beeprelude!!! Cannot wait to see pics! I hear you on counting down the days ... we too lived with my folks and those last couple of weeks were the hardest. I'm so excited for you!

buildinsydney - we were really impressed with the range of M floor tiles. Apparently M have one of the widest range of "included" tiles, compared to other project builders. We had 500x500 tiles included but ended up choosing a 450x450 tile as I wanted a crisper white floor tile - not cream or beige. I've posted some pics below. I'm really happy with the result. As mentioned, we went with tiles so can't offer any advice on the bamboo.

olivegr - I've not noticed any banging noises and we too have Colorbond roof. It does creak & groan a little in wind but not so much that I stop notice it.

Supercharged Synergy, they do look like 2 great designs.
We spent ages touring the display villages looking for a design we liked that would fit on our block.
Good luck on your search.

Hi
Can someone tell me as how much it costs for LED down lights? I see that the double sockets costs $71 and external sockets around $138.
Thanks
Buildinsydney
Hi Buildinghome
Can you please tell me as how much it costs for LED down lights? I see that the double sockets costs $71 and external sockets around $132.
Thanks
Buildinsydney

Buildinghome
Izee
It really does just depend who the SS is I guess...

How much does M charge for an extra double powerpoint or for the outdoor waterproof points? I've started looking at the electricals and it looks like we will be about 16 double powerpoints above the standard with an additional 2-4 outdoor points.

We have electrical on Wednesday. Our price list says $71 for a double and $132 for external.

We are placing our double points in places where we can install a second on the otherside of the wall ourselves.
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum