Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 687 of 730
kly525
Just wondering if anyone can share what they've paid for a stacker door upgrade?
That is a 3 glass panel door. With 2 sliding and stacking on top of each other.

Mine was $1250 for 2127 stacker.

ms_jd
kly525
Just wondering if anyone can share what they've paid for a stacker door upgrade?
That is a 3 glass panel door. With 2 sliding and stacking on top of each other.

Mine was $1250 for 2127 stacker.

Thanks ms jd.
I guess mine is not too much more than yours $ 1276 for 2136

Wow how exciting GillyM ... i fantasize regularly about moving & doing it all over again, and "getting everything right" second time around .... but I baulk at the reality of it (in particular, the double move again ... rental & new house) with 3 kids in tow. Anyway, i'm still waiting for this house to be finished ... not sure I would get much for it on the market at the moment (notwithstanding the crazy Sydney prices) ..... and we are now just over 2 years post handover!!! Taking the frameless shower screen to a whole new level

Wow, V ....... the shower screen saga continues??? !!!! I hope they are finally on top of the problem and getting it FIXED properly this time! As much as I had many issues with the SS on our job, I must say our house has been well built, and any issues we had post-handover were fixed quickly. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case across many builds though. Yes, we have exciting times ahead..... we would have loved to build again and "tick all the boxes" for things we may not have thought of first time around, but the house we are buying ticks most of them anyway. The house design is very similar to the Metricon Denver, which is what we were considering building if we had been able to find vacant acreage. And at least this time we will be able to move in and not have to then think about doing driveways, landscaping, lawn, curtains, blinds, etc, etc, etc! Hopefully there won't be a "next time" for a long time!
Hi Martinsharmony, the harmony was also on our list! We are building in Port Stephens. Your place is coming along nicely! When did you go into construction?

Marina - we had Novelli too, and no issues. Maybe you had a bad batch? That's terrible about your blockage. Some tradies have no respect!

Lol Mgardz, yes best to get the work finished first! I'm glad you love your home! I did shed a few tears when we handed our keys over to the owners last week.

Rox82 - love your colour scheme, very similar to us!

Good luck on your new adventure GillyM! It looks lovely!

We have had some nice progress! We are fully gyprocked, locking up today, and have had our cabinetry delivered! I am IN LOVE with our high ceilings and the rake and the cabinentry, particularly the bathrooms! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

kly525
MGardz
Jason it was just through Jim's his name is DarrenFlemming.

Kly525 we did I think it was nearly $2k

Wow really for the 1 door only? Was this because you originally had a 2 door and opted for 3 doors.
We have 3 panels as standard but opening is in the middle.
Just want to make sure I'm not being overcharged

Yes it's wider than the one that was included in our standard design. And the standard was opening from the middle we took it to the max that they'd let us

MGardz
kly525
MGardz
Jason it was just through Jim's his name is DarrenFlemming.

Kly525 we did I think it was nearly $2k

Wow really for the 1 door only? Was this because you originally had a 2 door and opted for 3 doors.
We have 3 panels as standard but opening is in the middle.
Just want to make sure I'm not being overcharged

Yes it's wider than the one that was included in our standard design. And the standard was opening from the middle we took it to the max that they'd let us

Thanks MGardz.
I managed to get a slight discount from M for the stacker door. Just waiting on them to send me an updated variation notice. Not sure why it should take a week to update since its just a matter of opening a file and entering a new price...

WOW Villinaeliters ... wonder if that new frameless shower trend will take off?

Shell90 - We moved into Construction in December 2016. Think it was in the second week of December <insert fuzzy memory here>. Your ceilings look AMAZING. Wow. Just wow.

We've had good progress so far this week, the slab for our secondary dwelling/oversized granny flat was poured on Monday and today the insulation for the main house was delivered.
Our SS is confident that he can power on with the granny flat to bring it up to speed with main house (we are almost at gyprocking). The two dwellings are due to be completed/handed over together. Fingers crossed.

We had a 6 panel stacker door (2147) $1842. We love it!

Rox82 I feel your pain. We are 12 weeks over contract and we're promised PCI mid this month but that's already looks like moving to the start of June.
Quality is good but so slow !

GillyM

Wow GillyM! What is the area?
Berry NSW
...... on the eastern side, so just south of Gerroa
Fire up the BBQ GillyM, we'll all be there for Saturday lunch 🤡

hehehehe...... well there IS plenty of space for social gatherings, Gibson !!!!
Gibson / Rox82, same here. Way over and snails pace. Almost no progress from just before Easter until this week when a few trades pitched up. So close for so long. We keep taking leave at work (predicting a move a month away) and cancelling. No major complaints on quality either but it's come at a big cost of 1yr extra rent compared to having gone with another builder. Sigh. Just have to suck it up
Does anyone happen to have a price list for the base price of all the masterton designs? The Tiffany 3 bedder in particular!

Thank you!

http://preludehome.tumblr.com/
Hi All,
Did M charge anyone for removal of grass and soil? Is this something the owner can do instead of paying M?

Also, how much extra did they charge if they hot rock during excavation?

TIA

Hey Saltwater71,

We had excess Spoil Removal charged when our site was scraped.
It surprised us as we didn't think our site was in too bad shape (we mowed grass super short before poisoning the grass). But it was explained to us that they needed to scrape back to root base so no organic matter under slab.
We were charged around $550 per 12 tonne truck load.

No nasty surprises with hitting rock for us.

This week we've had insulation installed and the stormwater plumbing for our oversized granny flat.
Hopefully gyprocking next week. Cannot wait to see rooms take shape.

MartinsHarmony
Hey Saltwater71,

We had excess Spoil Removal charged when our site was scraped.
It surprised us as we didn't think our site was in too bad shape (we mowed grass super short before poisoning the grass). But it was explained to us that they needed to scrape back to root base so no organic matter under slab.
We were charged around $550 per 12 tonne truck load.

No nasty surprises with hitting rock for us.

This week we've had insulation installed and the stormwater plumbing for our oversized granny flat.
Hopefully gyprocking next week. Cannot wait to see rooms take shape.

That's what we are getting charged too! How many truckloads did yours turn out to be?
Why wasn't this cost put in tender?

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum