Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 671 of 730
Villinaeliters
Hello everyone, long time no speak! can any of you already in who have frameless shower screens please post a pic or 3 of the base of your shower screens (on each side)? Just curious ... mine still leaking, but design fault, not waterproofing issue & just curious to see whether mine has been done differently to everyone else ... or you all get wet floors every time someone showers
. Here is mine .....

i have the shower screen people coming out next week to check it out. In my case, the water hits the silver base at the foot of the glass & runs down & outside through the gap in the shower screen door. It is the most ridiculous design in the world. Not what I was expecting from a "frameless" shower ... thought there would be no silver base. If there were no silver base, the water would hit the glass, fall to the tiles, which are angled down to the drain & i would have no leaks!

Villinaeliters, this is ours:

Thanks Fisher75 - I can see you are bound to have similar issues to me as the water from showering will hit the silver ledge at the base and have nowhere to go but out through the gap in the door too .... Is the water (as far as you can tell) coming out from underneath the door, or the gap between the door and the side panel?

Our first leak in relation to that shower was actually coming out from "underneath" the silver base - they had to come and lift off the screen, raise something underneath and then put it back on. That fixed part of the problem, but not all of it.

In my view, any frameless shower has to have no frame at the base, or be angled such that water hits the silver ledge and slopes downwards (towards the wall, and a drain, not the shower door, where it exits out on to the floor of the bathroom).

What did the inspector/shower screen people say? When were they coming?
Villinaeliters
Thanks Fisher75 - I can see you are bound to have similar issues to me as the water from showering will hit the silver ledge at the base and have nowhere to go but out through the gap in the door too .... Is the water (as far as you can tell) coming out from underneath the door, or the gap between the door and the side panel?

Our first leak in relation to that shower was actually coming out from "underneath" the silver base - they had to come and lift off the screen, raise something underneath and then put it back on. That fixed part of the problem, but not all of it.

In my view, any frameless shower has to have no frame at the base, or be angled such that water hits the silver ledge and slopes downwards (towards the wall, and a drain, not the shower door, where it exits out on to the floor of the bathroom).

What did the inspector/shower screen people say? When were they coming?

Villinaeliters, both underneath and in the gap. They did not do anything yesterday, just promised to make a report. They say the gap is too big. Villinaeliters
We have pods!

KarinaC - I'll PM you our selections. We are building the Harmony Elite.
So nice to see a few more Harmony builds on here!

Hey KarinaC, let me know if my PM came through ... I keep getting an error message.

Hi all. We had the same 'frameless' shower screens installed with the big silver hob. We fought it at PCI and showed the website and brochure which show the true frameless design. They came back and fixed them to this. No leaks.

Shire_Synergy
Hi all. We had the same 'frameless' shower screens installed with the big silver hob. We fought it at PCI and showed the website and brochure which show the true frameless design. They came back and fixed them to this. No leaks.

Shire_Synergy I am sending you a massive virtual hug & kiss right now .....!!!!! That is just what I wanted to hear/see & I will be insisting on the same !!!! Good on you for sticking to your guns & paving the way for the rest of us (or at least me, in this case!)

Dear All, Urgent Help/Advice please!

Offered a PCI walk next week, any tips to what to look at mainly? Thanks.
Hey guys. New here =] I'd like to know what's considered as "big modifications" to a floor plan layout and if some has done similar to me where they've changed the layout a lot. The Masterton Shiraz Elite is one of the homes that fit on my block as I plan to have a granny flat. Will changes to the layout drive the cost really high? I've added 10m2 at the front and the biggest change is the kitchen and rear area. The master has been widened too to accomodate my finances WIR requirement lol. Will it be priced more similarly to a 32sq house? The Shiraz elite is 30sq. You can see the floor plan below with the changes.
G1NOSAUR
Hey guys. New here =] I'd like to know what's considered as "big modifications" to a floor plan layout and if some has done similar to me where they've changed the layout a lot. The Masterton Shiraz Elite is one of the homes that fit on my block as I plan to have a granny flat. Will changes to the layout drive the cost really high? I've added 10m2 at the front and the biggest change is the kitchen and rear area. The master has been widened too to accomodate my finances WIR requirement lol. Will it be priced more similarly to a 32sq house? The Shiraz elite is 30sq. You can see the floor plan below with the changes.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/COY86T/Masterton%20-%20Shiraz%20Elite%20Ground_zpsyhszsju6.jpghttp://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/COY86T/Masterton%20-%20Shiraz%20Elite%20First_zpswwnjbkis.jpg

I cannot see charges necessary if your under the same roof line. I extended half a meter to garage and bed 3 which was behind the garage got charged $3500 for half a meter if this helps.

I also done a attached granny flat which we still dont have keys for and settled last thursday.

The keys they gave us dont fit door and gave us no window keys. They are sending Dowell doors out to get keys cut. Dont know how long this will take.

Still waiting on warranty docs, water proofing cert all the ones my inspector said they had to hand over at key collection. Yer well they said they will send them out as they didnt have them ready.

Insulation batts still not layed out in granny.

All i can say is hurry up will be glad when our 90 days is up and everything fixed so i dont have to deal with them again.

Sunshine125
Dear All, Urgent Help/Advice please!

Offered a PCI walk next week, but no 2nd coat paint yet, broken balcony glass door still empty, tile grouts now applied in some area, no led lights for alfresco, no water metre connection. Should PCI be after everything finishes? Any tips to what to look at mainly? Thanks.

Best tip get your own building inspector to go with you at PCI. For the small price you pay they pick up what you will miss. Ask will all painting be done and everything else too if your out of contract and all these wont be done by then i would cancel PCI as your $50 per day will cease at PCI. If your still in contract probs wont make much difference.

sandra 2016
I cannot see charges necessary if your under the same roof line. I extended half a meter to garage and bed 3 which was behind the garage got charged $3500 for half a meter if this helps.

I also done a attached granny flat which we still dont have keys for and settled last thursday.

The keys they gave us dont fit door and gave us no window keys. They are sending Dowell doors out to get keys cut. Dont know how long this will take.

Still waiting on warranty docs, water proofing cert all the ones my inspector said they had to hand over at key collection. Yer well they said they will send them out as they didnt have them ready.

All i can say is hurry up will be glad when our 90 days is up and everything fixed so i dont have to deal with them again.

Thanks! That's very helpful =] I plan to do a similar extension as well with two room areas being stretched wider. I've looked at your photos and your shower is so nice! I would assume the full height tiling and smart tile wastes were add-ons, did you have more add-ons like square set cornices etc? How much did your upgrades cost all in total? I am also looking at Wisdom Homes and their bonus inclusions which I all want, and it seems like it's going to cost me quite a bit if I were to add all those inclusions to a Masterton home because Masterton is missing lots of them.
G1NOSAUR
sandra 2016

Thanks! That's very helpful =] I plan to do a similar extension as well with two room areas being stretched wider. I've looked at your photos and your shower is so nice! I would assume the full height tiling and smart tile wastes were add-ons, did you have more add-ons like square set cornices etc? How much did your upgrades cost all in total? I am also looking at Wisdom Homes and their bonus inclusions which I all want, and it seems like it's going to cost me quite a bit if I were to add all those inclusions to a Masterton home because Masterton is missing lots of them.

If your in no hurry build with Masterton they take forever in beginning stages. I started oct 2015 with a registered block got keys last week.

The part i love most in the house is my bathroom feature tiles they look tan colour in pics but they are grey. I absolutely love them i did them in 2 ensuites. The main bathroom is mainly white.

My tender price was $345k after colours $375k after madterton all extras and charges $420k

That's an insanely great price!! Does that price include the granny flat? because my 60m2 granny is costing me around $100k just by itself. The house is at 482k. This is a wisdom quote however, I'm keen to see what masterton can offer with the same upgrades.
Mine is a 40sqm 1 bedroom granny
Which was $60k plus $3k for 2.7 ceilings plus $3k mansion package and 4k kitchen upgrades. Does not include seperate metering that was about 5k for all 3 seperate metering.

The new Site Supervisor is moving things along, this week we had the insulation go in and today (Saturday!) the carpenters are back fixing the noggins that the brickies broke. Plus our Cat6 cabling is going in.
We are due for gyprock early in the week.

MartinsHarmony
Magavin ... OMG. You are describing my bathroom. I have these Marrakesh tiles as floor, white bath hob & walls, white vanity with ash grey stone top.
Please! Please! Please post some pics so I can see how it all comes together. Do you have your own thread or building blog?

No i dont have my own thread. I have been a long time lurker on H1 but have only just felt compelled to post when i saw your post!! I have spent a long time searching for examples of the marakesh tile on a bathroom floor with no success and can imagine you have done the same. I will certainly try to upload some photos when mine are done so you can see! I have been told the tiler is busy on another couple of jobs but i hope he can get in soon. I have been waiting impatiently for too long haha
So tile direct are as disgusting as Masterton. Hubby didn't go to work today as we were expecting them and I had to go to my nephews bday. We've had another no show. Third time to get our tiles sorted without any luck and now we can't access our balcony as m organised the baluastrade to come off so the tiles could be fixed!! I'm so angry and after trying to get a hold of someone yesterday and today to no avail, they will be getting a fair trading complaint

DONT BUILD WITH MASTERTON

MGardz
So tile direct are as disgusting as Masterton. Hubby didn't go to work today as we were expecting them and I had to go to my nephews bday. We've had another no show. Third time to get our tiles sorted without any luck and now we can't access our balcony as m organised the baluastrade to come off so the tiles could be fixed!! I'm so angry and after trying to get a hold of someone yesterday and today to no avail, they will be getting a fair trading complaint

Cant believe they still not fixed their mistakes at your place yet MGardz bloody useless they are.

They have done the wrong colour grout throughout all our living areas and hallways. Failed to tile our linen press

And the granny flat keys we got on settlement surprise, surprise dont fit the bloody door so its been unlocked all week.

The extra water meter i paid $950 dollars for is not on granny flat .

And still chasing warranty documents.

Still waiting for them to lay the insulation they chucked in a pile in the roof.

I cannot believe they are still in business.

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum