Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 668 of 730
sandra 2016
rainbow05
Hi kly525
we build synergy 29 but extended almost to 32plus 60m2 granny flat.Our contract is 210 working days.We have to stay with the builder range austral every day life-freedom for brick. we want to upgraded to the next range at that time the sale man said it cost @$3500.then few months later at the colour appointment they said $6500 very disappointed I show them I wrote that amount on my notebook but no luck.

My sales lady said she wrote all the prices of the upgraded bricks in my colours folder she gave me. Ordered my colour as per $1200 price from book.

Go to sign contract $4 grand. After months of back and forth M said i could have wrote all prices in my book myself. Pffff i had a email from her confirming " Hi Sandra i wrote the prices in your colours book to help you out when selecting your bricks" end quote.

You know what i had to.pay yep $4k.

What was your builders margin?

kly525
sandra 2016
rainbow05
Hi kly525
we build synergy 29 but extended almost to 32plus 60m2 granny flat.Our contract is 210 working days.We have to stay with the builder range austral every day life-freedom for brick. we want to upgraded to the next range at that time the sale man said it cost @$3500.then few months later at the colour appointment they said $6500 very disappointed I show them I wrote that amount on my notebook but no luck.

My sales lady said she wrote all the prices of the upgraded bricks in my colours folder she gave me. Ordered my colour as per $1200 price from book.

Go to sign contract $4 grand. After months of back and forth M said i could have wrote all prices in my book myself. Pffff i had a email from her confirming " Hi Sandra i wrote the prices in your colours book to help you out when selecting your bricks" end quote.

25% or 27%

sandra 2016
kly525
sandra 2016
[quote="rainbow05"]Hi kly525

25% or 27%

[/quote]
Mine was 27...guess it's pretty much the same on that front

jol0
Could someone please tell me, where in the contract does it state the exposed concrete beam needs to be at ground level for a drop edge beam? It was mentioned by a forum member..

Our council approval required for the brickwork to start at the natural ground level:
30. Drop-edge beams. Perimeters of slabs are not to be visible and are to have face brickwork from the natural ground level. Detail are to be submitted and approved by the Principal Certifying Authority prior to the issue of the Construction Certificate.

In response to this one of the post DA approval variations stated:
~ Condition no.30: Provide dropped edgebeams to natural ground to contain all fill within the
building platform.
**** Charged for in original tender ****

In our tender we had:
Provide a dropped edge beam of 14 brick courses to reduce and contain
fill through the left/right/front/rear elevations and at the 686mm
transitional split in accordance with Authority requirements, in lieu of
standard brick rebate. Granny Flat included.
Good luck tomorrow with PCI Inspection NJC

Thank you sandra 2016.
I've taken the day off work, so no one will be rushing me through! At least I know decent painters will be used to fix the mistakes next week, now to sort the rest out!

Did any of you attend the design workshop $580?
Did you think it was money well spent or you didn't bother going?

kly525
Did any of you attend the design workshop $580?
Did you think it was money well spent or you didn't bother going?

Didn't go

Had PCI this morning and it went really well! Our house looks like it has the blue chicken pox but half of them our SS put up himself! Nearly all of the inside is being repainted (except most of the ceilings). And three defects: air con vent in ceiling bent on corner, one window seal to be replaced, beam near stacker door finish to be tidied. Painters are booked in for next Wednesday. We have had to delay moving anyway as this now means that our tiler can't do our main floor til week of 27 Feb. we will prob only have keys the week before anyway so it's worked out well. We will get floors and extra electrical done before we start moving in on 18th March.

We have piering and formwork for slab.
Beyond excitied!!!

Kyl525 - We also didn't do the colour workshop.
I found Pintrest and house magazines (Inside Out, Home Beautiful etc) really helpful to see colours/textures together. Sometimes it was more about seeing what I didn't like, that helped narrow in on my selections.
I found our consultant at colours really helpful, and the lady at the tile shop was awesome - she asked me to bring in any inspiration that I had, so she could help me achieve the look I was after.
Having said all that, I did go for mostly neutrals - greys/whites so I think so long as I don't team anything cream with it, my interiors should all work well together. If you were wanting a more dramatic look, getting some expert advice might be helpful?

MartinsHarmony
We have piering and formwork for slab.
Beyond excitied!!!

Kyl525 - We also didn't do the colour workshop.
I found Pintrest and house magazines (Inside Out, Home Beautiful etc) really helpful to see colours/textures together. Sometimes it was more about seeing what I didn't like, that helped narrow in on my selections.
I found our consultant at colours really helpful, and the lady at the tile shop was awesome - she asked me to bring in any inspiration that I had, so she could help me achieve the look I was after.
Having said all that, I did go for mostly neutrals - greys/whites so I think so long as I don't team anything cream with it, my interiors should all work well together. If you were wanting a more dramatic look, getting some expert advice might be helpful?

Thanks! I'm after grey/white tones myself. So more than likely won't go to the design workshop. Not after anything crazy fancy. Just simple.

How exciting that your build is starting! I must say that I'm so envious!

Oh Kyl525 it's funny to hear someone jealous of my timeline ... we started our building adventure so long ago!!! Quite a ways before a few of the current builds who are doing PCI, but things have just taken time with us. Thrilled to now be in construction where we can see our home starting to take shape.

My colour selections include these ...

But the patterned tile (main bathroom floor tile) will be in these colours

Good news NJC! And congrats martinsharmony

Kly525 we didn't do it, look at the display homes what could you possibly get from someone that's done the styling on those

You'll get more inspiration from Pinterest, this forum and the Metricon feed. I think I did well with out them hehe

MartinsHarmony
Oh Kyl525 it's funny to hear someone jealous of my timeline ... we started our building adventure so long ago!!! Quite a ways before a few of the current builds who are doing PCI, but things have just taken time with us. Thrilled to now be in construction where we can see our home starting to take shape.

My colour selections include these ...

But the patterned tile (main bathroom floor tile) will be in these colours

Is this one of your tile selections ? The small mosaic tile ?

All of our yard starts next week. I'll be glad to be done with all the dust

Hey S-VE ... the yard work sounds exciting. Be sure to post some photos.
No, the small mosaic tile isn't one of our selections, it just happened to be stuck on the same tile display board as the grey concrete look tile (that is one of our selections - we've chosen that for ensuite floor and feature wall in ensuite shower).
I thought I might have spotted a similar mosaic feature tile in one of your bathrooms? I like the sparkle it would add to a room. Now that you've lived in your new home for a while, are you happy with how your selections have come together?

We have keys.

Appliances going in. Anyone on here got high ceilings and got their range hood flute joined. Looks ridiculous. Also m didnt install a power point for oven so cut and joined power leads. Doesnt this cause hot spots.

Cleaners failed to clean yesterday they tell SS its done lucky i took pics

The mess from shower install last friday is still in shower. Mirrors and floors filthy and sinks.

Had to order 2 tonne of road base so we dont fall down mud in driveway.
Bloody rain at the wrong time.

So if your at PCI stage make sure power point for oven installed and flute is one piece for range hood.

😂

Oh sandra 2016 it's a very bittersweet congratulations I guess
I'm waiting to see what M says about giving me a letter to state they will install carpet and dishwasher after handover and we've done our flooring tiles

sandra 2016
We have keys.

Appliances going in. Anyone on here got high ceilings and got their range hood flute joined. Looks ridiculous. Also m didnt install a power point for oven so cut and joined power leads. Doesnt this cause hot spots.

Cleaners failed to clean yesterday they tell SS its done lucky i took pics

The mess from shower install last friday is still in shower. Mirrors and floors filthy and sinks.

Had to order 2 tonne of road base so we dont fall down mud in driveway.
Bloody rain at the wrong time.

So if your at PCI stage make sure power point for oven installed and flute is one piece for range hood.

😂

Congratulations Sandra! I hope the worst is over for you.
Just was wondering if anyone can tell what date the 90 days period starts from? Is it PCI or the keys?
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum