Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 1 of 730
Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

With the agreement of some of the old "Masterton Homes - The new thread 3.0" followers, I have now started a new thread to follow.

The previous thread can be found (as good as a pot of gold) here:

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=58913

I will add, like in the previous thread, information, links, and follower house building progress, and to continue the trend.

Happy journey everyone.

List of active members of this thread:
Vatche:
Santorini MK2 Contemporary Façade
http://santorinimk2.blogspot.com.au

PS_Sirocco7
Sirocco
http://ps-sirocco7.blogspot.com.au/

Villina28:

jo&waz:
Villina 36
http://new-lindfield-house.blogspot.com.au/

abiggerhouse:
Merlot Hilton with traditional facade

onebighappyfamily:
Symphony MBTF with granny flat

Ricaaaa:
Villina 32
http://ricaaaa.me/blog/home

Villina at Epping:
Villina

HouseofRock:
Clovelly

benika:
Sonata

red brick:
Villina 32
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=63288

MJ Overture:

NAPOLI986:

Kjhosko
Villina Grande

Vina
Concerto w/ Ivy Facade

allyman
Symphony MBTF - Contemporary Facade

Sunny16
Concerto

ben+lisa
Mastertons Overture Elite

dream_home93
Villina Grande in Mulgoa Rise

My home 31
Masterton Villina 28

========
If I have missed anyone, please PM me to add you to the list. I will try to keep timelines updated from signatures.

A reminder that M may and does read this forum and thread. Make sure your comments do not cause defamation or reveal any off-side/getting back actions or personal challenges.
Thanks Vatche! Our place is the Merlot Hilton with traditional facade.
Just so that new people reading this thread know were things are at:

We have just moved into our home. We started back in May 2012, build started in Nov 12 and finished July 2013.
For us we started in February 2012, build started in late October 2012 and finished in July 2013.
Wow, I am surprised by how long the build times were for you guys -- was there a reason for this? Or is the 4-6 month build time unrealistic?
benika
Wow, I am surprised by how long the build times were for you guys -- was there a reason for this? Or is the 4-6 month build time unrealistic?

If you get workers on site every day, yes. But this never happens. The build contract normally is between 32 to 36 weeks.

Get ready for some "test of patience"
Good to see everyone progressing so nicely.
We started in January 2012, build started in late July 2012 and finished in late February 2013.
We also had the xmas shutdown over this period. So all up around 12 months from first site inspection to handover of the keys.

benika
Hi everyone,
Is anyone else building the Sonata? We loved the floor plan so much we drove 2.5 hours to the central coast to check out the display home. Second on our list was the Crystal (which is on display at Brooks Reach where we're building) but we preferred the master bed to be at the back of the house.

Welcome benika.
squashedrex built a Sonata last year. He has a blog but you need to get his permission to check it out - http://jtsonata.blogspot.com/
Heres his posts on H1 too - search.php?author_id=38750&sr=posts

Any one else building a Sirocco 7? Doesnt seem to be a popular model any more.
Great news - we are finally in 'lock up'. All doors internal and external including cupboards went on today and both kitchens will be installed tomorrow. We are apparently on track to finishing up next month - finally.

Welcome to all new builders. Also, can't believe how quick we filled up the last thread.
I am hoping to receive my first tender back tomorrow, but not looking forward to seeing the price with all the changes I made..hmm
Napoli986, fingers crossed it will be Okay, no problems. . We received our first tender a few weeks back and were presently surprised. I used a lot of the information on these threads so I had already worked out all the numbers. Then we made further changes and added in some extra provisions.
$3500 paid to M last weekend and we are underway!!
Try and get some freebies put in before you accept it. We got all the carpet included and a few other things.

Vatche: we are building the Villina Grande - did you upgrade the air con? I have only just thought about it and now questioning whether I should add a provision in as our file isn't sent to head office yet.

Thanks!
Kjhosko
Vatche: we are building the Villina Grande - did you upgrade the air con? I have only just thought about it and now questioning whether I should add a provision in as our file isn't sent to head office yet.

Thanks!

Welcome to the thread Kjhosko.

Since you are getting the big size of Villina, I would recommend air-con unit no less than 18k. The unit will work less and you can have more zone control. We have Temperzone 18K and happy with it (untill we get the electricity bill?!
).
Just got a call from M, my first tender is ready today as promised.

While were on this subject, what size air con should I be looking at for the Symphony?
NAPOLI986

While were on this subject, what size air con should I be looking at for the Symphony?

Hi NAPOLI986 - firstly welcome! We are building the Symphony and we opted for a 14kw but not the Temperzone as offered by M but Toshiba Inverter 2 zone. It is considered an upgrade so expect to spend more if you do it this way.
Thanks Vatche
I actually saw it in your blog after I posted the question.
I have put a provision in now for $2500 for the upgrade.
This house is costing me more and more by the day!!
We exchange on the land over the weekend so its all really happening!!
onebighappyfamily
Hi NAPOLI986 - firstly welcome! We are building the Symphony and we opted for a 14kw but not the Temperzone as offered by M but Toshiba Inverter 2 zone. It is considered an upgrade so expect to spend more if you do it this way.

May I ask why you upgraded? Is it just personal choice or do you think the Temperzone is not good enough to warm up the large open living space in the Symphony as well as the bedrooms?
Thanks For adding us to the list Vatche, we are building the Overture Premiere with the Classic facade.

Just a bit of an update, we received CDC approval today and next step is peg out woo hoo
MJ Overture, congratulations! Here comes the beginning of a great milestone.

Wish you fun build and lots of patience

Don't forget your letter/email to M, once your land is ready for build.
onebighappyfamily
NAPOLI986

We also built the symphony (grande)and we upgraded to the toshiba inverter.We have gone through a summer and a winter so far with no problems at all,with us we wanted to stick with a brand we were familiar with.
We are building the clovelly - it only has one facade and is a relatively new design. The lovely dsa39 built one of the first clovellys and was a wonderful contributor to this forum and her own forum. She also has the most stunning kitchen.

Our journey to date id - We started talking to Masterton in June 2012, signed contracts around October, demolished in December, formal CDC in January 2013, slab in march and have just received our bill for roof tiles completed. I think our build is quite slow - our supervisor is adequate but doesn't really care.

I desperately look forward to lock up and then a predictable number of weeks to keys.

Alas, technology is not my forte so you only get pictures when my son helps me!

For those of you at tender phase - welcome and good luck.
HouseofRock
Our journey to date id - We started talking to Masterton in June 2012, signed contracts around October, demolished in December, formal CDC in January 2013, slab in march and have just received our bill for roof tiles completed. I think our build is quite slow - our supervisor is adequate but doesn't really care.

I desperately look forward to lock up and then a predictable number of weeks to keys.

Yes, your build is a bit slower than normal. approximately 4 months and you just got your roof tiles. It took us just over 3 months to where you are now, even with Xmas break in between.

Hope it will speed up soon.
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum