Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Celebration Homes

Page 3 of 6
Rubes
Thanks guys, I am so excited.

I totally agree with you Bradster! I love it in Busso, and we will have our house finished in summer which is a bonus.

Now your just rubbing it in
Just be wary that they don't rush. We built with them in the boom and I feel some of the quality issues are because off the drive to build as quick as possible. The experience at the time was great, but in hindsight time was not the thing we should of focused on.

We have had settling throughout the house resulting in major wall cracks and pretty much every cornice requiring remediation and every door and window frame being re-sealed with the brickwork. Probably linked to the settlement we had a waterproofing failure in the shower and cracked floor and wall tiles in all wet areas. Recently found that the light fittings in some rooms were screwed straight into the plaster board and were only a tug away from coming off.

I'm sure it's amongst common faults with project homes, but it's not good enough quality for us and we are now selling and building something of a better quality and are being super picky about everything.

So learn from our experience - don't be swept away with the speed - be thorough in your pci's, get in the roof, look at the wiring, make sure the slab isn't cracking badly, check the levels, etc.
Thanks Jays that is all great advice and we will definitely be keeping a close eye on it.

Its hard because this is our first home so knowing what to look for can be a bit difficult. However we are lucky because my partner's parents live two streets away from the building site and they have built quite a few quality homes so they are keeping a close eye on it for us too.
Also the way I see it - the longer the build takes the longer I have to save money for finishing it, so I'm quite happy for them to take their time
Win, Win, handy building inspectors (free) and time to save money!
All of our colourbond for our gutters and roof was delivered yesterday so looking forward to checking out the progress this weekend!
Cool, dont forget the pic's
Our roof was finished yesterday!! I will take some better pictures tomorrow because we didn't see it until late yesterday arvo and it was too late to take decent pics.
Here is a picture of our roof. It looks quite dark because the sky was pretty overcast. It is a bit lighter in person.

Also our render is being done today!
Wow this build has gone up so fast!
Is that roof colour Jasper? Looks great
The roof is Woodland Grey
Here are a couple of photos my partner managed to snap of the render being done today (it will be painted Dune):

And this is our master bedroom:

It's been a little while since I've done an update - we now have the white plaster inside and also our windows have been installed.. Pics below:

Also, can someone tell me if it is normal practice for the bricks above the sliding door to be changed like that? The perfectionist in me is going a little crazy over it but I'm sure I will get used to it:

Nice feature.
Better than cutting the bricks, that would look terrible. It's done to allow your door opening in the brick coursing.
Thanks Bradster that makes me feel better
All looking very good to be Rubes
We had our ceilings installed today!

It is very exciting when that happens, my missus kept saying echo afterwards -.-
Hahaha!!
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum