Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Celebration Homes

Page 1 of 6
Hi Everyone!

I have been browsing this forum for the last few months and now finally have something to contribute

My partner and I are building a slightly modified version of the Zodiac with Celebration. We already have a block of land in the Provence estate down in Busselton so it has just been a matter of finding a builder and a plan we loved which took us a couple of months.

We had pre-start last Friday and should receive our final plans next week, the pre-start lady thinks the building should start in August - yay!

I will post pics of our plan and selections shortly, as soon as I figure out how

I've decided to add a bit of a timeline to this post aswell:

Signed up with Celebration: 29/04/2013
Pre-start: 12/07/2013
Earthworks: 7/08/2013
Slab poured: 14/08/2013
Bricks started: 29/08/2013
Bricks finished: 20/09/2013
Roof started: 26/09/2013
Roof finished: 17/10/2013
Rendering: 23/10/2013
Wall plaster done: 06/11/2013
Windows installed: 11/11/2013
Ceilings installed: 13/11/2013
Lock up: 22/11/2013
PCI: 13/02/2014
HANDOVER!!!: 14/02/2014
Okay I think I have it figured out now...

Firstly, a picture of our floorplan - sorry it isn't too clear:

A few small changes we made to the original plan were:
- Raising the garage ceiling to 28c
- Extending the ensuite vanity full length and adding a nib-wall to the shower
- Adding a shower niche to the ensuite
- Adding a double door frame to the theatre, the plan is to hang some nice french doors after handover
- Extending the laundry benchtop out to the wall
- Adding a door to the WIL

Next, here is a photo of our block in the Provence estate:

The tree is looking pretty pitiful.. but everyone on the street has to have one. Our neighbours' trees are all looking nice and big now so hopefully once we move in and start taking proper care of it it will catch up.

Some of our selections from prestart:

Our brick pavers for the driveway and external colour selections (Roof & gutters - Colourbond Woodland Grey; Fascia - Colourbond Surfmist; Garage door and front door - Colourbond Surfmist; Render - Colourbond Dune)

Our kitchen selections (the splashback tile will be laid vertically so the mosiac look is horizontal) Polytec Polar White Sheen for the cupboards and Laminex Kashmir Granite for the benchtop:

with this door handle but it will be horizontal:

Our ensuite selections - The white tile will run from floor to ceiling along the wall with the window and also the nib wall; shower hob and skirting, the charcoal tile will run from floor to ceiling along the mirror wall, and the grey tile is our floor tile, with Polytec Polar White Sheen as the cupboards and Laminex New Ash Dust as the benchtop:

with this door handle in both bathrooms and laundry:

The bathroom will have the white wall tile and the grey floor tile, with the floor tile also covering the bath riser:

And the same colours as above for the laundry floor tile and splashback.
How exciting! Nice selections
Congrats Rubes. I am also building with C.H, but we have almost finished.
I like all your selections and your house is great. The one good thing about C.H is is that they are very fast with their admin and even their builds . Ours ,when finished will be roughly 22 weeks, but there are other C.H around us that have taken less.

Anyhow good luck I will be sure to follow your thread

Belle
Congrats & welcome..

Great selections.. love the colours
Thanks everyone! We are so excited and can't wait to see the building start.

Belle, how exciting for you nearly having your house finished! Congrats!!

I agree, I have been quite impressed with how fast it has all happened, especially after reading other experiences on here with other builders.
nice selections, I like your plan too. Hope the build starts on time!
which sales person did you go to? i am considering celebrations,
Hi tsmith

We went through Ben down in Busselton, but he has actually left Celebration now.

I would definitely recommend them, everyone we have dealt with so far have been fantastic.
Hi tsmith

I dealt with John who was really helpful
Well I've just received a little update - our house has moved from the prestart department to the construction department and earthworks should start in the next few weeks

Can't wait to see things happening on our block!
Lovely selections. Yay for construction, the real fun begins!
Thanks Leanne! We can't wait.
I have an update!!

Last week sand and a bobcat were delivered to our block, and today we found this!

Super exciting
Ooooh and my partner just did a drive by and we have a cement truck parked out the front! We must be getting slabbed today!!!
CONSLABULATIONS Rubes

Wow you haven't had to wait long since your pre start !!
Awesome
Thanks Belle! It is definitely all moving fast so far, we are very happy.

Here are some pics of our slab from yesterday - sorry they are a bit dark it was taken in the evening.

Yay congratulations!
hooray for a slab!
Love your colour selections, and congrats on your slab! Is it just me or does your slab look huge? Normally they are deceiving and look small.
Happy Days
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum