Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling build near mandurah

Page 1 of 5
Been a while coming but we werent rushing, now with council app we can commence. Selling up in perth, semi retiring and both keen to slow down. Siteworks incl 60mtrs of retaining walls, max ht 1mtr with some fill and repositioning of soil. $33000 for that sounds a bit rich to me. What do you think. Keen to let aveling get started on our modified nautical home. Our block is 400sq mtrs so no room to play cricket. Watch this space.
Hi squirrel
Not sure how I missed your post, but just wanted to say 'welcome' to the forum, fellow Avelinger! What design did you end up going for? I can't comment on your costings as I'm terrible with that stuff, but I'm sure someone on here will be in the know and can give you some feedback.

Looking forward to following your progress, and good luck!!
There are a lot of people on here building with Aveling. Keep an eye out for serialbuilder (near to yourself in Mandurah), happytaurus, sslayer, blond1e, butterbing, aveling newby, jaceb, day_dreaming...
Thanx momomo, Iv been watching n dabling on this site as we led up to build approval so have noted a scattering of aveling purchasers. Ours is a modified version of their nautical design. Shall post some details at a later date.
Duh, you said that in your first post but I'm away with the fairies tonight! Haha

Yeah, the nautical is a great design, and we'd all love to see your plans and other selections when you get around to it...
How's everything coming along now, squirrel? Still playing the waiting game?
Well after 15mths of paperwork and delays im told siteworks will begin in a week or so. Standby while i regain my composure.
It can be hard with the delays, I have had my fair share of disappointments. It gets better once work is under way, I am building with Aveling in Secret harbour.
Yay, squirrel! So happy for you
Can't wait to follow your progress.....bring on the slab!!
15 months? Wow and I thought ours was bad. This is going to be fun from now on. Looking forward to progress pics
Hey squirrel!
My plan is based on the nautical too!
Would love to see what you've done to the design

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Woohoo, siteworks underway. Am told slab by weeks end. Cant see it but fingers crossed.
hi squirrel just found your thread. good to see another aveling build, will follow closely
You never know! I went from nothing to a slab in 4 days!
Hope the same happens for you

Well its tues and the pad has been compacted. DW off to choose bricks tomorrow.
You might have a slab by the weekend!

Now that would be nice. May go down n check it out. Have a friend in the next street who sends me progress picis.
How cool to not have to check yourself each day
Hi Squirrel. We went from nothing to slab in two days!! Will be keen to follow your build
Am i not surprised. Told today concreter is in hospital, so no slab till mid november. Pammy chose the bricks from millions at boral today. She is real pleased with the shade of red with some black mixed in. That batch has been reserved for us. Thanx daydreaming but im not in the race it seems.
Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum