Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Still waiting for variations 8 weeks after pre start!!

Page 1 of 1
We had our pre start coming up 8 weeks ago. We have spent the last eight weeks waiting for variations. EIGHT WEEKS!!! There is now only one variation that we are waiting on. I requested a variation on the air conditioning (adding zones to it), over 3 weeks ago. I have asked repeatedly for the pricing for it. It was a very simple request and I am not impressed that I have had to repeatedly ask for it.

Another point is please please please be wary of the "free" Air Conditioning that we got as part of a promotion with 101 Residential or the "Pay $9,000 for $21,000 worth of Upgrades including Daikin Reverse Cycle Air Con". We signed up for one of these promotions and was sent a variation after Pre Start for $2,310.00 to upgrade the air con system as the free air con wasn't big enough for the house we had signed up for.
8 weeks is crazy! We had prestart on Monday this week and got our variations back yesterday. There's no way it should take that long.

Good point about the air con - looking at those promotions with free stuff, I always wonder if there's a catch somewhere.
It's been such a drawn out process and we have spent so much time repeatedly going back and asking for the same information over and over. We have friends that are paying a lot less for their build and it has been so hassle free for them and they have had such great customer service that they are shocked at the lack of progress on ours.
Re the free air con. Yes! We are usually so careful about such things but unfortunately not this time. What still irks us both is that we will forwarded a variation (ie basically an invoice) for $2310 with no explanation. When we asked our pre start consultant why we were getting a bill for our free air con - she didn't know. She had just forwarded with no thought that we might want to know why.

Anyway - anyone thinking of building with 101 take heed of our experience and go forward with all caution.
My partner and I are currently building our first home.
We first signed with 101 in January this year and dealt with an amazing sales consultant George!
We then proceeded to pre-start in March 2013. The majority of our variation costings were done for us live during our pre-start meeting, and final variations were all signed off within 2-3 working days of our pre-start.

We received final contract documents within the next 3 weeks and proceeded to have our slab laid on the 1st of June 2013. Our brickwork is now nearly complete, and we couldn't be happier with the level of customer service we have received from 101 to date. If you are thinking of building with 101 I would highly recommend them!
We signed up in January.
FOUR MONTHS LATER, received our plans in May.
Pre-start in May. Still have no slab down yet.
Received a variation costing over $2000 for the (free) Daiken air conditioning as part of our Pre-start costings.
We signed up in March, recieved our plans in June due to "communication issues" between departments. Our prestart is scheduled for this Thursday, I better not recieve one of those variations for the air con, after the amount of money we are already spending on this build this should be something that the sales consultant looks at when we initially sign up. This will definately be one of the first things I bring up on Thursday.
Hi SWebby25,

We didn't receive any form of variation or additional cost for the free air-conditioning. But it will be a good idea to check with your pre-start consultant if you have any concerns! We are building a two storey design, based on the Frappe although slightly tweaked!

Have fun with your pre-start meeting!
Hi Alyce,

Pre start was great but did throw a few spanners in the works......very costly ( broker isnt going to like me lol). We had a nearly $3000 variation for siteworks which I was pretty annoyed about considering variation was based on a price increase from when we initially signed which I didnt think was possible, but hey anything is possible with builders.
We are building The Reward we have changed a little to match The Galao. I cant wait for the build to begin has your slab gone down yet ?
we are also building with 101. bit of wait in between steps.
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

11/09/2023
New Construction variations after completing works

Building A New House

I can help you with all that, you can PM me with details if you wish

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum