Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Build with DAH: PCI booked & lots more pics

Page 7 of 9
Glad to hear that it was mostly good - what sorts of things were highlighted if you don't mind sharing?
navs
Glad to hear that it was mostly good - what sorts of things were highlighted if you don't mind sharing?

- some brickwork didn't have a full bed of mortar.
- some of the roof frame didn't quite meet the BCA standard.

that's about it. it was good to do and Dale's are rectifying the things identified.
Oh that's not too bad at all in the grand scheme of things and it's good it's getting rectified too - without a fuss as well?
no fuss... they are good to resolve issues professionally.
meeting SS next thursday to go through the rectifications...

roof cover is booked for Monday as well - the tiles haven't showed up at the site next but we're super excited to see the roof go on.
Electrics are done from what I can tell.

Gutters are on.

Tiles have arrived and roof cover happening monday!
Looking good, some great pictures you have uploaded. Keep up the good work
Roof cover is on!!

Met with our SS who went through our independent inspectors report - they fixed everything without any fuss.

Now we're waiting for grey float..... We're starting to get a bit behind now
Our SS says we'll be at lockup before christmas. Still hoping we hit our late Feb completion date.

In the mean time, here's the roof.

house is looking great
Grey float started today - looking good so far, pretty smooth.

Looks great! Loved the grey float stage , all looks much neater and nicer.
Do you know when they are closing up for Christmas? Our site supervisor is taking exactly 4 weeks off
Not sure on any break. Our SS has not mentioned anything. So long as we get to lock up before Christmas I'm happy!

I spoke with our CLO today, they said DAH is basically closed for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years.
I reckon you will get there. 2 weeks isn't bad in the scheme of things.
External render finished up yesterday, looks great the guys did a good job.

and today they put in the ceiling.

moving quickly now!
This is when it really starts to look like a home inside
wow yours is happening quick, I hope they send your roof guys my way now
it's gathering some pace now.

do you have tiles or colorbond?
going with colorbond but we don't even have frames up yet even though they were delivered over a week ago
hm. our roof frame sat there for a while too.

Our SS said that the tile manufacturer actually did the install for us. I don't know if that is the same case for colorbond.
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum