Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Commodore Homes Build in Wellard WA - Moved in!!

Page 13 of 24
FINALLY!!!

So happy you finally have some progress, hopefully it doesn't take them too long to finish the roof and you get too many delays with this rain..
Congrats on getting a Roof , just in time for this awful weather....
Congrats on the roof!
What roof tile is it?
Yes FINALLY! Congrats and hopefully the ball is rolling for you again!!
Roof that's great now you're not weather dependent!!!
Thanks all - the roof is still not 100% complete - despite getting an email from Commodore saying it was!!! OR if it is complete then its terrible work

sofia14
Congrats on the roof!
What roof tile is it?

The roof tiles are Harmony Flint.

Wellard2ndTimers
We went for a drive earlier to look at our lack of progress and I've realised I've had your house mixed up all this time! I thought you were the one at our end of the street (also a corner) but they don't have a roof yet. Drove up the street and now I've got it worked out! Don't think there's many builders about today in the rain unfortunately

That's funny as the ones delivering the roof had the same problem with thinking our house was on the other corner
The other one has their tiles now and they are in fact a different colour from ours!! How are they coming on with your site?
Nice color. Harnomy flint was our second choice.
So roof was completed last Monday and after several days of nothingness the plaster grey float was started and completed on Friday, including the external render
So going by previous weeks they will probably have several days off before doing anything else

Entrance Hall

Kitchen
congratulation sinurt , i am really so happy for you , its good to see something happening each week , its really so stress full when they stop for three four weeks without any progress , your house looking great , Good luck
Got our ceilings delivered yesterday and today they were installed yay
Cornices are in the garage so I am hoping they might actually get them done this week too - although 2 things in three days might be asking a bit much
Finally nice to see things moving along a bit.

fullmoon
congratulation sinurt , i am really so happy for you , its good to see something happening each week , its really so stress full when they stop for three four weeks without any progress , your house looking great , Good luck

Thanks and I know what you mean about having weeks with no progress - its very frustrating. Hopefully things start moving for you soon.
That's great news, yeah I heard after the roof done everything finish quicker.

Today we went to the site still nothing done, it's going to be six week now no progress in brick work which been left on 97%
Your place looks awesome, congrats on the progress. I'm always amazed by the skill and speed of the renderers. And then they do the white float and I'm blown away all over again.
Your house is lovely
Hey Sinart, bit jealous of your roof! Our bricks were completed on 17/2 and and still no roof
lots of broken promises from CH though. Out of curiosity, who is your CA?

Went by the house again this evening and our windows were installed today!!! Can't be long until lock up now

fullmoon
That's great news, yeah I heard after the roof done everything finish quicker.

Today we went to the site still nothing done, it's going to be six week now no progress in brick work which been left on 97%

How much brickwork is to be finished - from your pic it looked like you had reached plate height at the front at least?

PerthAussie2014
Your place looks awesome, congrats on the progress. I'm always amazed by the skill and speed of the renderers. And then they do the white float and I'm blown away all over again.
Your house is lovely

Thanks - still waiting for the white float - was expecting it before the windows but it hasn't been done yet!!

hailtheshrine
Hey Sinart, bit jealous of your roof! Our bricks were completed on 17/2 and and still no roof
lots of broken promises from CH though. Out of curiosity, who is your CA?

We had to wait over a month from bricks completed to roof was started, I was pestering our CA every week too and was told a different start date every week - very annoying. Our CA is Nina.
Hey Sinart, we've had our roof timbers for over 4 weeks now and still waiting for the tiles
the CA just emailed saying delay with supplier and we won't get tiles till end of next week or the following week so by then it would have been 6 weeks since we got our roof timbers. That's pretty poor! I'm hoping ours speeds up like yours has once the tiles are finally done

hailtheshrine
Hey Sinart, we've had our roof timbers for over 4 weeks now and still waiting for the tiles
the CA just emailed saying delay with supplier and we won't get tiles till end of next week or the following week so by then it would have been 6 weeks since we got our roof timbers. That's pretty poor! I'm hoping ours speeds up like yours has once the tiles are finally done

Our tiles took about 4 weeks to arrive too - and then they were up pretty much in one day. We had been told of people waiting since before Christmas for tiles!! What colour are you getting? Oh and do you have a build thread?

I am quite shocked to be honest that things have started moving but I am not complaining as its nice to see for a change!
I don't have a thread. I kept meaning to start one but the slow process is stressing me out because it's so slow. We're building in Honeywood estate Wandi. We went with the jetstone by harmony habitat (black tile). I'm really hoping our color choices were okay. It's hard to visualize when you're looking at tiny samples haha. Are you gonna post pics when the white set is finished? The builder reckons ours will be finished by early to mid July but I can't see that happening somehow.

Yeah it's almost done 97% and after that six weeks nothing been done, hopefully they will finish that 3% today.
hailtheshrine
I don't have a thread. I kept meaning to start one but the slow process is stressing me out because it's so slow. We're building in Honeywood estate Wandi. We went with the jetstone by harmony habitat (black tile). I'm really hoping our color choices were okay. It's hard to visualize when you're looking at tiny samples haha. Are you gonna post pics when the white set is finished? The builder reckons ours will be finished by early to mid July but I can't see that happening somehow.

Yeah I think I started my build thread WAY too early
when I started it back in Jul 2013 we were only supposed to be a couple of months of getting titles though but that was just the first of many delays!!!

I will post more pics once we get white set done - which I am hoping will be next week but we shall see!!
Sinurt - I have missed a lot!! House is looking fab, so happy you are seeing some progress
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum