Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Harvest View Estate - Epping

Page 1 of 11
Hello Fellow builders,
i thought i would open this topic for people who have purchased land in Harvest View Estate in Epping, so we can trade some information and provide each other updates.
We have purchased in the estate and been waiting for the titles to be finalised for quite a while.... has anyone heard anything about this?
How long have you been waiting?
We signed a contract for land in Summerhill in April 2012, fingers crossed it should be ready for settlement in September....hoping!
Hi,I just came to know about Harvest View estate is titled now.Any rough idea on how much the cost of land and home should be.I am getting a varying quote.about 440 sqm of land...any rough estimate just on the land ?.thanks in advance
Hi guys

Very late to the party. Wife and I settled on the 7th of November last year. Have had a price hold on a home with Henley since then also. We head back tomorrow and get the ball rolling and start doing our soils and selections. A little worried about site costs as Henley won't fix them. Would love to know how you guys are going with your build and where you are at. Can't believe how quickly the homes are going up out there.
Hi Sands_13,
I see on your profile that your soil was scraped earlier this month, things will move pretty quickly now, good luck.
We had fixed site costs, so I am not sure what people have been paying for that, but I do know there is quite a bit of rock in the area.
Hi Rach+Ed

All going well at our end popped out today and the slab prep and boxing have started so cross fingers they will pour later this week as the weather next week looks rubbish. Are you building in Harvest views as well? Our rock cost is $8,500 provisional
so hoping it goes down instead of up. we are on the top of a sloping block so hopefully all the rocks rolled down hill. Will ask the site Supervisor when he calls and find out how much rock they got.
oh that is very exciting! it wont be long!
Lol - I hope the rocks roll down for you also. We have noticed that the rock is worse the closer you get to the freeway side of the estate. We have already built and are living there (Lakshmi St), its a nice little estate.
Does anyone know what is planned for the land next to us (behind the sales office)?
I must have put the mockers on us the SS called this morning the poor has been delayed till Monday as the struck a decent sized rock about where our front porch is going. He said another meter either way and we may have gotten away with it. He did say the rest of the block hadn't been to bad.

We are hoping to be in by September we have loved watching the estate go up and everyone we have spoken to so far have been incredible friendly so we can't wait to get there. We have been walking our dog up there most Sundays so he gets a feel for the neighborhood.

I think the block behind the sales office was marked for a church and catholic school but the they did say if they found a better location closer to O herns road it would be divided up into another stage release.

I saw on their website that they are now selling lots between the soccer fields and the freeway. Will be interesting to see when they start developing that stage.
Oh bugger - fingers crossed its not to hideous.
It is a really friendly little estate, we really like it, its got a nice community feel. we walk our dog around the estate every night and check up on the progress, its amazing how quickly it has all changed.
I was speaking with one of the neighbors the other day and they told me the church / school is no longer going ahead and it wont be residential, so I am eager to hear what is going there. fingers crossed it benefits all our residence.
What street are you on?
WOW, another park or playground would be nice. We are on Tesselaar Road (Formally Harvest Home) What a nightmare that name change has been. Almost delayed our build by 6 weeks thankfully the council and Henley came to a solution and still issued our building permit.
oh I bet! we have had trouble with revelation rd name change, it was going to be open house rd and is still the case on all the maps. painful.
I am also eager to learn what they are building on the corner of edgars and harvest home rd, I know its supposed to be shops etc, but I am wondering what the structure that is going up now is going to be? looks more like a library or something.
Wife and I have been watching that as well and trying to guess, hoping it might be a cafe or similar. It's all going to get pretty interesting down there once the Harvest Home Road realignment starts. I also can't wait for Edgars road to run down to cooper Street. I see they have started a small extension of it at the Cooper Street end.
a café would be great. We might try to go for a walk down there over the weekend and see if there is anyone we can ask

We are also eager for the roads to get improved, but from what I have read nothing is going to happen anytime soon. the following website is available if you want to join the community petition: http://www.accessdenied.net.au/
It can cost more to build on a sloping site, especially in brick. Sometimes excavating to make a sloping site flat means higher costs, not lower costs.
Hi All,
We found out the big building going up at the corner of harvest home rd and Edgars rd is a community center. It looks pretty dam big so lets hope it brings some good community activities

Cheers
That would be great. It looks huge I see they have started the Harvest home road realignment. We got detoured last week when we went to check on the build.
I know! cant wait for that to be finished, its a pain in the butt atm!
i noticed your windows are in and bricks are almost up - looks great. very exciting, wont be long!
oh and We also found out that the cutting of land on cooper st is actually the start of the new Bunnings that is going there (not the edgars rd extension- doh!).
Good news and bad. I love bunnings but wanted the road extension. We are happy with the house and colours but the righthand wall or at least half of it will need to be redone as they spaced a large section of the bricks on that wall 25mm apart instead of the maximum 10mm.
Oh bugger. Good luck.
We had a number of brick problems too, husband is a bricklayer, so he was extra critical and still isn't completely happy with it, but not much we can do now.
I am sure they will do the right thing. Still no word on what is replacing the school yet. Very tight lipped.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum