Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home, first build. Redink Homes NOR

Page 10 of 10
Glad you didn't have any major problems, wfry. It must be such a relief to be so close now!
Yay good news wfry!
Hey wfry,

How did handover go?

Is there much to do before you can move in?
x 2 don't keep us in suspense
Pics or it didn't happen!!
Are you in yet wfry??????????????????????????
Hi yes handover was on 13th Feb and all went smoothly. There were minor problems such as shower screens still leaking and the master bedroom door handle not working (which meant I couldn't get into there or the ensuite for 5 more days until locksmith came!!).

I had time off work and painted it all in about 8 full days with no days off... One of the hardest things I have ever done but am very happy with the satisfaction it brings and the finish of work. Spent about another week to furnish fully (I only had bedroom furniture and a set of sofas originally) and go shopping (very fun haha) and to hang pictures, shelves in the garage, add some pot plants and plant a frangipani out back, to clean up, and change some light fittings.

Still need to add some curtains to master bedroom and theatre, blinds to bathroom and ensuite, some more light fittings, seal the garage floor, and get the back garden 50% covered with liquid limestone. Just put the deposit down today for one of those aluminium slat gates so that'll be done within a fortnight. Front landscaping gets done on Thursday 6th.

So I am in and happy with everything, and very glad to have the build over with
The wait is worth the result, I can put all the foot tapping and problems during the build right behind me and appreciate what I have.

Photos to come tomorrow, just cannot upload at all grrrr.
Yay great news wfry! Congrats on your new house. Hope all is well. Would love to see pics, especially of kitchen. We're considering chocolate pear but it's so hard based on those little chips. No bigger samples at laminex store. Even between the 3 chips I have they all look so different:-) good luck with all the finishing off stuff.
Congatulations Wfry I'm hanging out to see those photos
Quote:
Yay great news wfry! Congrats on your new house. Hope all is well. Would love to see pics, especially of kitchen. We're considering chocolate pear but it's so hard based on those little chips. No bigger samples at laminex store. Even between the 3 chips I have they all look so different:-) good luck with all the finishing off stuff.

Hey ardie the chocolate pear colour with the carbon benchtop and stainless steel works really well. Hope you can see enough in these pics!

When I got keys

Kitchen

Living area

Study/ spare bed. The other spare room is mirror image but unfurnished.

Showerheads for bathroom and ensuite. Love them.

'Theatre'/ snug
Very nice wfry! I think those kitchen colours work really well. I ended up changing to French Black, so we wont be Carbon buddies anymore.

Congratulations again for making it through to the other side. I look forward to experiencing that for myself one day!
Looking good!
Good effort getting the painting and decorating sorted.
Our house will be empty when we eventually move in ( hoping this week!)
Yay, thanks for pics. House looks lovely. I love the choc pear. How is the pattern through it? Very wood like or barely there? My hubby has nightmares about the wood grain in our current rental, it's about 30 years old and just heinous, so he's terrified of too much grain. But I think just a plain brown will look way to flat so trying to find a dark brown without too much grain that doesn't look dated. Easier said then done, but hoping design consult can steer us in right direction:) Anyway, your place looks awesome and you must be so relieved to be in and finished with painting. I'm very impressed!
Wow Wfry Kitchen looks gorgeous. Well done on all the painting too
Mmmmm…. chocolate pear…

Congrats on getting through all the painting. Your house looks great. Must be such a relief to be in and slowly getting settled.
Hey ardie the wood grain look in the cupboards isn't really noticeable. The colour is quite dark so it masks it. And thanks guys, since the painting has been loving it. Here is a pic with the front garden done! Side gate to go in next week and looks like I will get liquid limestone done for the patio out the back too.

Looks beautiful - and a lovely garden
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum