Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simmonds Villa Modena ( Advice/ Opinions Needed)

Page 3 of 5
Your house is going to be amazing
how exciting! we we have a date inspection 20th so 27th we should get the keys!
i still havent brought my roomba ahhh!! lol might have to be my house warming treat to myself once we move in! hope things are going well for you

will have pics on the waldorf page hopefully after this weekend! i will be lost not looking for desgin ideas ect after we move!
will have to live through you and your page now to get my fix!
i must admit ill be glad its over, but i love looking for ideas and planing and seeing it all come together from start to finish!
Dreamer
Your house is going to be amazing

Thank you
natasha8850
how exciting! we we have a date inspection 20th so 27th we should get the keys!
i still havent brought my roomba ahhh!! lol might have to be my house warming treat to myself once we move in! hope things are going well for you

will have pics on the waldorf page hopefully after this weekend! i will be lost not looking for desgin ideas ect after we move!
will have to live through you and your page now to get my fix!
i must admit ill be glad its over, but i love looking for ideas and planing and seeing it all come together from start to finish!

Omg i cant believe its almost done. That was really fast.

Get the roomba. My aunt in law has one and i'm sold on it. Its cheaper than a cleaning lady although i'm getting one of those too lol

I will make sure to posts heaps. I'm going to do a private blog once it starts i will remember to add you to it. Im trying to keep the family in the US in the loop and will add more pictures on the blog than I do here.

There is a whole world of stuff you will still need to do after the house is done so its not over. I am kicking myself for not getting something smaller landwise. I know once its landscaped it will be less scary but right now its doing my head in.

I am not really liking the look of this at the moment any suggestions
What in particular aren't you liking?
I think maybe I'd go for one less colour instead of both shale grey and pearl lustre. Or maybe that pearl grey upstairs, what is that a solid block for? Could it be a window?
Kaylajanexx
What in particular aren't you liking?

for one the grey block
and two

I dunno
i just cant figure out what i don't like but i don't.
_lucinda
I think maybe I'd go for one less colour instead of both shale grey and pearl lustre. Or maybe that pearl grey upstairs, what is that a solid block for? Could it be a window?

That solid block is because they supposedly cant brick it but come monday I'm going to have some words because i think it looks silly. And i want a window in it.

I think i am going to change the garage door to white.
Oops finally had a look at your thread. Yup I guess too late to switch to Highview! Yours looks lovely though.
It does sound silly that they can't brick it. I love your overall colour scheme, I personally love the garage door colour but i understand your feelings for wanting to change it. It does stand alone and doesn't tie in with anything in particular. Especially love your front door colour.
Kaylajanexx
It does sound silly that they can't brick it. I love your overall colour scheme, I personally love the garage door colour but i understand your feelings for wanting to change it. It does stand alone and doesn't tie in with anything in particular. Especially love your front door colour.

I love the brick and everything else but i think that part is the hardest.

Door isnt quite right but it will be black we are having wrought iron doors made. Its a compromise because i hate the look of those security doors that go outside of your door and my partner is paranoid....
in australia.....and we have a security system........ and dogs.
Haha sounds like a plan. The only worry is during construction, a few other threads on here have had windows smashed and things stolen. Sometimes it's a sad world we live in.
Kaylajanexx
Haha sounds like a plan. The only worry is during construction, a few other threads on here have had windows smashed and things stolen. Sometimes it's a sad world we live in.

I've seen that although i just don't get how. Some of the things i have heard being stolen boggles the mind. I mean how does someone manage to walk away with a tub and no one notices.

I'm from the US so I am almost giddy with the freedom I have in Australia I don't really see it as dangerous. Generally speaking if you are careful and don't do reckless things like wander through the bush at 2am alone you will be fine. So i don't get the whole paranoia thing I want to be like my mother in law leaving doors open for a nice breeze in the middle of the day.

I would never do that in America EVER
It's generally pretty safe here. Once I accidentally left the front door open when popping up to the shops. I had a bad case of baby brain, no one touched a thing and that was when I lived in a semi unfavorable area.
Kaylajanexx
It's generally pretty safe here. Once I accidentally left the front door open when popping up to the shops. I had a bad case of baby brain, no one touched a thing and that was when I lived in a semi unfavorable area.

I think NY thieves can feel when you accidentally leave your door open

It is very safe here and I love how when things happen Australians get upset not just well its a normal day.

I don't know where you are but here in Melb a girl was raped and killed and within a week a march was organized for her. In America she would have gotten a tiny article in the paper. The only ones that mourn are the family.

This is just one of the reasons i love australia and wouldnt move if you paid me.
Gorgeous House,

I love the kitchen style you're going for it will really suit your house, not to mention that gorgeous cooker!

I did the video tour of your lower floor, you've got some very spoilt cats .....(mine have a cat scratcher in the corner that they ignore and much prefer to sharpen their claws on our leather furniture instead)
AKB
Gorgeous House,

I love the kitchen style you're going for it will really suit your house, not to mention that gorgeous cooker!

I did the video tour of your lower floor, you've got some very spoilt cats .....(mine have a cat scratcher in the corner that they ignore and much prefer to sharpen their claws on our leather furniture instead)

That is the main reason I am putting in doors to the formal area. The room is for our 2 dogs and 1 cat and the cat thinks she is lord of all and will scratch anything from my leather bag to the dogs themselves.
We are getting to the home stretch on decision making and I have to say Simonds has done a fantastic job to date not strangling me.

Since my last post there has been a whole heap of changes particularly in the area of tap ware.

The brand I originally choose has decided to discontinue the majority of my choices for the main bathroom which was FANTASTIC
* note the sarcasm *

So then I was told feel free to choose from our suppliers to which my response was
your suppliers suck..... ok I didn't say that exactly
but thats what I was thinking.

After much back and forth and me about to loose it I was finally allowed to provide my own taps.

Oh happy Day

So for the kitchen in lieu of

I'm now getting this

and tossing in this which hopefully the Englishtapware company will have back in stock by the time I need it.

If it is not available I have a backup

and

For the Ensuite I will be using...

and

There are a few other things changed but they aren't overly important.

I have also gotten back my plans minus some extra changes that are being done. So the latest iteration of my house is

On the First floor we have changed the stairs

Nothing much has changed on the second floor except by changing the stairs we inherited this odd storage room so I am going to take the linen closet next to the wash closet and turns it so it opens out into the MPR for the children's toys and use that room as a linen close

Added a window to the Facade and still working on it colour wise and if to add more render

And finally for today My Joinery Plans

Sorry to hear about your suppliers Bella!
That sucks

BUT, your new tapware looks great!!

Everything looks great with your changes too
Related
5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum