Ive got my plans done and submitted to council for a 2-storey home with a inground swimming pool.
My rear neighbour is proposing to put a 1.2m stormwater drainage easement right down the side fence of my property.
It will be a 150mm drainage PVC pipe and the depth is unknown.
My plans show a 900mm side setback for the 2 storey house on both sides of my plans. My pool is 1m away from the fence. These setbacks complt with Council regs.
Questions to y'all are:
1)Can I still accommodate this 1.2 easement?
2) I have heard you cannot build right up to the easement (outer edge) as the footings need to be dug deeper than the easement and at least 1 m away from the easement. Is this true?How close to this easement can you TRULY build?
3) Does the fact that our house will be stories, ie have eaves at the 2nd floor level mean that we will not be able to build adjacent to the easement ie right on the 1.2m edge?
4) What is your experience with building next to a stormwater easement? Were special footings required? Was piering required?
5) Can a swimming pool go adajcent to an easement? What is the usual setback from a pool edge?
6) What is the usual depth of a 150mm 1.2m SW drainage easement?
Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.