Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

So annoyed - just a little vent

Page 1 of 1
So.. we're at the framing stage with M3tric0n (have been there for 3 weeks actually
). Why? Well they can't get the roof trusses on because they didnt' realise they needed one truck to haul the trusses up and another one to hold it steady. Surely it's not the first 2 storey house they've ever built?????? Very amateurish mistake, and we're already running behind because of it.

Okay it's off my chest now....
Do you mean that they need a crane to hold the trusses steady when they are installing them?

Surely this is a case of just ringing a crane company and booking them. I can't believe that your frames are taking so long. They shouldnt take too long even if it is a 2 storey house. Our frames were done in 4 days and that is a 43sq house.

I understand your frustration. Our house took over a month to brick as the brickies kept going AWOL. So annoying when it took them 3 days to brick the bottom of the house, but another 4 weeks to do the top storey.
Jen1977
Do you mean that they need a crane to hold the trusses steady when they are installing them?

Surely this is a case of just ringing a crane company and booking them. I can't believe that your frames are taking so long. They shouldnt take too long even if it is a 2 storey house. Our frames were done in 4 days and that is a 43sq house.

I know!!! The frames were meant to take 1 week...we're dragging into the 4th week now. They will start claiming rain delays soon as we're heading into winter. I feel like ringing a crane company myself.

I can't believe they did the whole bottom half of your house in 3 days, then took a month to do the rest.
There's nothing more annoying than having to rely on unreliable people/businesses. Knowing also that you're actually paying for their crappy service.
Handover was slated for December 19. I can kiss that goodbye now and pay dead rent for 5 weeks over the Xmas break. Oh the joy!
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum