Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our castle by the sea - first build in Trinity, Alkimos

Page 1 of 6
We are building the Polaris by Celebration Homes in the Trinity estate, Alkimos. We are currently waiting on a roof tiler, so I thought it was about time to start our own building thread!

My husband and I started this journey in June 2012. We had just returned from our honeymoon and started looking at display homes and potential areas to buy land. It didn't take long before we fell in love with the Trinity estate. Alkimos is a beautiful area, not a lot around just yet, but the plans for the area are amazing and we're excited to be so close to the ocean.

At first, we were talking with a building company, mulling over plans and putting a hold on a block of land. We were also looking at other builders and drowning in piles of housing brochures! After a few weeks we swayed towards Celebration Homes instead, put a second hold on the block and signed up. We took the plunge, putting down our deposit to secure our chosen block and had our plans prepared

The Polaris plan by Celebration Homes satisfied all our requirements for a home that we can grow into. We made all the structural changes we wanted at the contracts stage, so our Prestart in December 2012 was nice and easy - just confirming everything we'd already done, going over the electrical side of things and confirming all the selections we wanted. We were very happy with their standard range - we can live with everything very comfortably and upgrade as time goes by if we wish.

TIMELINE:

Prestart: 07/12/12
Slab Down: 08/03/13
Plate Height: 12/04/13
(delay for reselection of roof tile colour & delivery)
Roof Cover Completed: 21/06/13
Grey Float Completed: 28/06/13
White Set Completed: 03/07/13
Ceilings & Glazing: 07/07/13
LOCK UP: 12/07/13
PCI: 23/08/13
HANDOVER!: 06/09/13
Flooring Installed: 11/09/13
Our SLAB was poured 08/03/13

Bricks and frames were delivered about a week later;

Around 3 weeks after our slab was poured, our house was starting to grow!

We have been limiting ourselves to visiting the site only once a week, but we did sneak up a bit more often when the brickwork was happening - all up it took around 10 days to complete. It's so exciting seeing each room

PLATE HEIGHT was achieved on 12/04/13 and it didn't take them long at all to get started on the roof frame;

Gutters & fascia;

We had originally chosen our roof tiles - Bristile Vienna Profile in "Oyster". Unfortunately the company had some quality issues with this colour and we were told by Celebration Homes that it would be about a 3 week wait. After waiting a week, I found out from elsewhere that the delay could be far longer - so we decided to reselect our tile colour;

Our new tile colour is called Grape

The actual tiles are quite a bit different to the what they look like in the brochures, so it's definitely worth heading to a display centre to check them out.

The tiles were delivered to site on 06/06/13
Nice plan & lovely looking house.
It's all taking shape!!!! We went up to site saturday and were poking around all the places that had bricks up, it makes it all so real, really exciting!! We are at site now, things happening everyday which is cool, hopefully our slab should be down shortly, end of this week beginning of next, fingers crossed!!!
Coming along nicely
cedes75
It's all taking shape!!!! We went up to site saturday and were poking around all the places that had bricks up, it makes it all so real, really exciting!! We are at site now, things happening everyday which is cool, hopefully our slab should be down shortly, end of this week beginning of next, fingers crossed!!!

I can't believe how quickly new places are popping up all the time around us, I'm almost as excited about other people's progress as our own. Hubby thinks it's funny I'll call out something like "oooh look they've got their brickwork started!" as we drive down the street.

Fingers crossed for you that your slab isn't too far away!
Looking great, its so much fun when it starts looking like a home.
Have they started your roof yet?
Not sure cedes, we generally only go up on the weekend's to check it out as we both work full time. I could pester our client liaison officer, but I prefer only to contact if there's some sort of issue.

If you're heading out that way though you can have a sticky beak and let me know!
Just took a quick run up to the house tonight and WE HAVE A ROOF! Most of the tiling is completed and there's basically just the capping to be done

Will take some pics on the weekend in the daylight to post up...
Thats great, youll be waterproof before winter well and truly sets in
you have internal render going onto the walls.
YAY! Thanks PD! Good to know they're putting the trades in back to back

Have you got your slab yet??
Nice plan, I'm sure the tiles look great
Here's a look at our almost completed roof! The countdown to lockup is on

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Looks promising! Hope the weather holds for you.

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum