Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building henley Monaco Nouveau Q1 - Our thread :)

Page 1 of 11
Hello All,

Finally staritng our thread for the Henley Monaco Nouveau Q1 house. Ok to start with it has been pretty smooth dealing with Henley... prompt responses, a few admins but all good ones our slab is laid and frame work to start soon. Changes we have made is added doors to the ensuite, to the TV area and bedrooms, added pot draws, gloss cupboards in the kitchen, added a poweder room instead of a WC and things here and there....

We cant wait to see the finished house. Some pics of the progress of our house. Our slab has been laid and framing has started.

Many thanks sunct !!
Going to be great following your thread... Makes us more excited for our start.

Hey can I ask you a question? How long does it take for Henley to get a site start once your land has settled/titled? This is the next part for us. We're waiting for the proverbial call.
Great! I will follow your thread closely!
Great Sunct!
Thanks all.... Aston Boy it takes around 4 weeks to get all the permits in order and once that is done they start immediately. They had already got our permints and once we received our unconditional approval they started within a week. They'll send an email outlining when the site will be dug and the drain laid... infact for us they started a few day earlier clearing the site and then we went in a couple of days the structure for the slab to be poured was laid... so out slabd was poured mon this week and our frames started today coz of the weather.

mtz08 and cpl... love following your thread and blog too... its going to be good to share all our info and pics.
Fantastic... Big thanks for that sunct.
I'll be following your thread with my morning coffee break each day.
Thanks Aston Boy keep us updated on the progress of your build too.
No worries at all Sunct. Like cpl I'll most likely start a blog.
cpl how long did it take to get to the stage you are in now. Saw ur blog and its come up so well... Really like what you've done with the living room and converted it.
Nice one! I'll be following your thread. Thanks!
sunct
cpl how long did it take to get to the stage you are in now. Saw ur blog and its come up so well... Really like what you've done with the living room and converted it.

Hey our slab was put in around 10/15th march. So... The progress has been pretty smooth and fast, almost everyday there was people doing things, we are almost complete now and just waiting for the floors to go in.
Wow... That's pretty fast. Have they told you the inspection date before handover.... Thanks jm14
sunct
Wow... That's pretty fast. Have they told you the inspection date before handover.... Thanks jm14

Im still waiting for them to contact me to make an appointment, but speaking to the SS he said be around 2 more weeks.. (Speaking of the devil.... While writing this post got a call from admin and it will be booked for 3rd june...)
WOW... this is awesome news cpl... cant wait to see the pics lol
How is the progress going for everyone? cpl ur build is going amazing... I wish ours is just as fast.
Hey sunct... we're in that annoying nothing is happening void. Proof of land title has been sent to Henley and our broker. We're waiting for amended drawing from the soil tests for our approval with final prices for site costings etc. Also for council approval for the building permit etc.

In F1 terms we're stuck on the starting grid.
Aston Boy... I think that takes a few weeks.. Henley had advised us 4 weeks so hopefully it gets sorted out soon. We have'nt been to our site for over 10 days now so dont know whats happening... as out little one was sick and we jsut couldnt go :C Asked hubby to check it out this weekend... will post pics then.

What are you and everyone else doing about Wardrobe fitting... do we DIY or get a cbinet maker... We want the wall mounted Ent unit for the living and TV area... like in te display home. What are you'll planning on doing?
Thanks sunct... 4 weeks will do me. Our main hope is to be in by the end of the year because we are at a temporary rental place and the lease expires.

As for the wardrobe? Not sure yet. My wife no doubt will hog it all.
We haven't given it much thought as of yet.

For the living/TV we're leaving it as is. We've got the Jetmaster heater included and would love to just leave it as the highlight. The surround wall will be painted as as separate feature wall.

I agree though there will be a lot of post-handover thinking coming up.

Edit: hope your little one is better now !
Thanks better now

yes so true lots of things to think off and we also want a quick build as we r having another baby in December... so want to be settled before this

Lots happening for all of us this year. Say if ur permits come through by June and then 4 months for build is what they are taking at the moment ... you could be looking at moving in by October max November.
P.S. Love the way cpl's build is going... really smooth and fast and the pics are pretty good.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum