Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Goodlife/Gemmil - Backyard & Decking July 2016

Page 3 of 64
Sounds like it was very productive!!

I think most have left down lights till after. Though we're only planning on have 4 in the alfresco so not the person to ask

When it comes to the kitchen if you want things like undermount sink and pot draws get them included in the cost, they add up quickly!!

I would think it would be cheaper to get AC after handover. I know when I looked into evaporative we could get a much better system for the same price the builder was offering. we are now considering reverse cycle but I'll look into it closer to handover.

Hope the pricing comes back soon!
What's the 45 day countdown?

Sounds like a very productive day
Well we have 45 days to secure finance once we pay our deposit.. So we've been holding out until tomorrow. But I'm sure we can extend it if the contract isn't ready in time.

Not too fussed about an undermount sink, but should have mentioned pot draws - doh! Will discuss next time

Can't believe how perfectly everything is falling into place. JC is just good luck, always has been. Think I feel a blog coming on hehe
Ragh all I want is a colour card of Dulux Bogart and Solver White Cliffs for my scrapbook and I cant find one ANYWHERE! Bunnings didnt have any, or Masters and cant find anywhere online to order them. *pout*

/Endrant
Yeah my interior colour is only in dulux book. If you know any interior decorators they can order A4 sample cards from dulux. Otherwise I guess other option is to buy sample pots and paint cards. Or ask someone who has those paints to paint you a card
Ive got a painted piece of paper we had some kid mix up at bunnings with a groan and a real uninterested attitude on thursday night.. but i wanted a neat little package of colours to scrapbook together - just me being anal I guess. Oh well
Officially land owners tonight, yay!
Yay congratulations
Thankyou
You must be an early riser like me hehe
My kids wake me up 5/5:30 haha
Haha bummer, my drive to Cottesloe from Mandurah wakes me up at 5.30
Finance meeting tonight in Osbourne Park after work, woo!
Are you using Goodlife's in house finance company?
I thought J was a total b....h.
Congrats JC - did you end up deciding on an ensuite WIR layout?
Well we have a meeting tonight with Luke, so far he has been very helpful.

We thought it would be easier to keep it all together, as the broker we did have never actually answered my questions. I guess ill either be happy or sad later tonight
Daedalus
Congrats JC - did you end up deciding on an ensuite WIR layout?

Thanks! We ended up going with this design:

But will have the bed against the WIR wall and adding a door to the ensuite. They said it would fit and was doable so double yay! Finally I can use the ensuite with the boy hehe, usually I just use the second bathroom because I dont like living in manworld and having no space - no more!

(Our bedroom is square though, that little corner isnt indented in our floorplan)
Ah nice, very similar to what we did! if its not too much more try extending the benchtop wall to wall, and add a nib wall to your shower if you dont have a niche in there, very hand to hold your shampoos etc without having to get them off the floor.
Yeah the extended cabinet is intended, want a row of draws down between the two cupboards sides. The other half doesnt like the look of the niches, so will have to suss something out with the nib i guess. Just want my prestart book! Completely hanging out for it!
Just came across your thread today - and what do you know - we are building a few streets down from you and my sister lives down the road from you

Will be watching your build and wishing you the bestest of luck with everything.
Blond1e
Just came across your thread today - and what do you know - we are building a few streets down from you and my sister lives down the road from you

Will be watching your build and wishing you the bestest of luck with everything.

Oh wow thats awesome, we went and looked at the block this morning (only to find a bag of disposed nappies on it
) and as we were driving down a street of blocks with homebuilders signs up I was wondering if anyone on here would be near us!
What stage are you up to? Will have to have a stalk of your thread now and see if I can work out where you are hehe.
Glad to hear that your meeting went well and that all your changes look like they'll come in under budget

Daedalus
Ah nice, very similar to what we did! if its not too much more try extending the benchtop wall to wall, and add a nib wall to your shower if you dont have a niche in there, very hand to hold your shampoos etc without having to get them off the floor.

Totally agree with this - more bench space and no awkward, hard to clean areas between the bench and shower screen/toilet wall - it's a win all round

jcbissor
Very productive day, paying our block deposit tomorrow night so our 45 days countdown officially starts. We're getting our official costs back in about 3 days and then have a finance meeting Friday night - then we just have to wait for our contract - hopefully it doesn't take too long.

If you need building contract in 45 days I would suggest hassling them and hassling them and hassling them until you can't hassle them anymore. Gemmils/Goodlifes admin processes are EXTREMELY slow (I think most builder's are during this stage). We waited 14 weeks for contracts and that was at the beginning of 2012 - builder's are much busier now.
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

13/08/2023
Backyard Construction Project

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That laser level looks lovely! We bought one for less than a quarter of that price off eBay. It worked really well for us and it's still going now, five years later. After…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum