Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Goodlife/Gemmil - Backyard & Decking July 2016

Page 17 of 64
Congratulations!!!
Exciting times ahead
Yay congratulations
I can't believe you have gone this far without settlement!! We had to wait until settlement before anything could happen. Settlement was months ago and we are still waiting for prestart. I much prefer the way your company have done it. Congrats on the finance approval
Thanks all

I think they did a preliminary check with the bank to see if we would be approved the finance, and then went ahead with everything. Our mortage broker is part of our build company, so I dont know if that makes a difference. So glad we didnt have to wait though, I would be pulling out my hair more than I have!

Cant wait to get final plans in the post and post them up on here for all to see!

Hiya,

Has anyone had to get Home insurance and provide evidence of it to the bank along with their mortage papers? What kind of insurance is it, building insurance?

Thanks
Not til final payment. You need house and contents insurance for bank release the final payment so you can get keys
I guess they mean Builders Insurance. Your builder will be able to provide you with a copy. It's to protect you (the bank, actually) if the builder can't complete your build.
Yep, they are looking for the builders insurance. All normal, most will ask for this
They ended up saying we didn't need it till final handover, so that's cool.

Got our final plans in the mail - BUT there's a stupid error. How can anyone look at this and think anyone would be happy with it?! A tiled gap under the semi recessed sink's bulkhead? This just looks stupid!!!!!!!!

Hello variation fee. Also they haven't put the tiles as the same height as they splashback as specified in European Ceramics.

All in all they are the only two errors, but so frustrating as now we are going to be delayed again. Settlement was meant to be the 18th of Oct, fat chance of that happening now?

Anyway here is our final floorplan layout at least - yay! Love it!!!

Looks great
Apart from the stupid second bathroom
I have 15 mistakes on my final plans/drawings do I think you did alright hehe
Haha. I shouldnt really complain then
Did it delay your settlement having them rectified?
Looks great & congrats on final plans
we are still waiting for prestart which is booked in on the 17th, couldn't get in any sooner as they were fully booked
Looking good. Two errors is good!!

We settled without really final plans... We signed our final updated plans after we had settled on our block. As long as your contract is signed... Depends if your happy and they are happy for you to sign and then fix...
The gap between the shower and cupboard tihng is normal, coz that's standard cupboard size. It gets overpriced to extend the cupboard.
You can tell your SS about the error on the plan and he can remind the tiler to just add that next line of tiles. You run the risk of him forgetting or whatever and coz it's not on the contract, not much you can do, but could save you time, and wouldn't be hard to DIY. Just remind SS to tell tiler to LEAVE the leftover tiles.
Love the final floorplan, theatre and kitchen are awesome.
Also you should have tile meeting before tile start so could ask tiler to add extra row
I've changed few things with my tiler
I think gap is normal there as they won't do it against the shower screen for some reason. Perhaps don't have each going all way over of you can't extend cabinet
To fix the cabinet up I'd just shorten the bench top. You don't want the cabinet right against the shower screen as there will be a gap and its impossible to clean! They did it in our bathrooms and I wish I'd realise and I'd just left a gap...
I have asked for a Nib wall so the cabinet butts up to that like in our ensuite, but no one has replied to me since Thursday. JC rang on Friday and copped some attitude from our prestart girl. Just need to know whether to send back plans now, or wait for the updated ones.

Also, realised we didn't ask for extra paving to do our side access so it all comes from the same batch of brick... should I put that in a variation or just ask the tradies when they come to do the paving?

Thanks turtle, love love love the kitchen too
Same colours as they madison, so yay!
I wouldn't send anything back until you have in writing they will make the changes. That's what they did for us. We signed the wrong ones but I had an email confirming all the things that needed fixing and they then sent it through as a variation...
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

13/08/2023
Backyard Construction Project

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That laser level looks lovely! We bought one for less than a quarter of that price off eBay. It worked really well for us and it's still going now, five years later. After…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum