Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ashville - Seaford Meadows

Page 9 of 10
_lucinda
zoewenham13
I thought we'd just go with basic roller blinds but I'm wondering if we should shop around a bit. I would love a pelmet or something over the top maybe but really not sure. Open to any suggestions. We have them in the home theatre and master bedroom.

I have similar in the front bedroom and I'm looking for ideas.
I wouldn't mind looking into shutters, but I'll want timber-look which might look a bit heavy, and I'm not too sure how difficult they will be to clean. I've thought of blinds, but there will be a gap through which light will filter regardless of whether the blind was inside or outside the frame. We have a street light across the road which would be fine it it weren't the bedroom--I need darkness to sleep well.

It's really hard! We have a street light as well but are also on a 'T' section. A small amout of light Doesn't both me too much. I do like the idea of plantation shutters but don't think hubby does. As the sun rises toward to back end of our block I think the sun will cause minimal issues, I hope. I'd love to see black out blinds at approx 7-8am to see how well they do block out the sun...
Some good news that my kitchen bench tops have arrived, but are yet to be installed. Also had word from SS that PCI may be in as little to 2-3 weeks.....
Let's hope so, everything is looking to land in its rightful place.
Oh, great news, Zoe. Start packing.
You have about 4 painters there today, they are painting your eaves as well.

good luck for PCI !!!

Rendering has started!
Looking great Zoe! how much is left to do?
Rendering needs to be painted, eaves to be painted maybe, I didn't take a good look. Shower screens, mirrors, finish painting on the inside, oven.... Maybe that's all???
Awesome I can't wait to see the front all done. What color have you chosen for the render and garage doors?
Render colour is called fox tail by taubmans. It a grey sort of colour but maybe with a green tone which makes me nervous! That's how I remember it anyway... I'm hoping the monument will take any green away! I was unsure of our inside colour until it was in the walls and now i love it so, just have to trust myself.
Looking fabulous, Zoe. Not long to go now then.
lokks fabulous! looks like you may move in soon!
fingers crossed it goes quickly for you so you can move in soon

Render, eaves, down pipes etc done!

Stone bench was also fitted last night!
Looks great Zoe
Lovely colours, Zoe. What colour is the render?
Thanks Lucinda, the render colour is called foxtail by taubmans.
looks great
We got a phone call today.... PCI IS NEXT THURSDAY!!!! Oo...Oo!!! I wonder if we can drag it out to the start of Oct so I don't mope around too much having to stay in the crappy rental...
Couldn't you just move sooner? It would be awful to have a beautiful new house empty and having to stay in a rental. Hope all goes well for PCI.
_lucinda
Couldn't you just move sooner? It would be awful to have a beautiful new house empty and having to stay in a rental. Hope all goes well for PCI.

We have the tiles and carpet to go in before we move in and we are locked into our lease until the 20th oct. we also have hubby's 30th which invites have already gone out for with the rental address on it... I'm sure it won't be too bad. I'm more worried about making full loan repayments and rent for those few weeks I think!!!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum