Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the "Cascade" (photo updates)

Page 5 of 7
Love those slide out vegi drawers!!

You are doing a great job, I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together.
Quote:
All I can say is

The attention to detail is outstanding. Beautiful cabinetry throughout the house in particular the kitchen and WIR. Your colours are stunning and you have personalised your house so beautifully. This is definately one of my favourite houses on the forum. You must be very proud of your selections.

Cant wait to see your choice of tiles and flooring. Looking forward to more updates

Mrs B

Thanks for your kind words it is gratifying to know other appreciate our choices, as almost nothing in our house is the same as the display we have been concerned as to whether our design changes and colour choices would work! Only time will tell but so far we are very happy with our choices.
Well done guys it is looking great
Wow, it's coming along beautifully! I'm still drooling over you canopy, it's fabulous!

Your WIRs are great! What's the pull down shirt rail? I'm fascinated!

What is the white paint you have used throughout?

Vegie racks!! OMG!

What an amazing house!
Rachelle
Wow, it's coming along beautifully! I'm still drooling over you canopy, it's fabulous!

Your WIRs are great! What's the pull down shirt rail? I'm fascinated!

What is the white paint you have used throughout?

Vegie racks!! OMG!

What an amazing house!

The pull down shirt rail lets you pull the shirt rail down to chest height so you can either hang shirts on it or take them off without stretching or straining, great for shorter people or those like me with disabilities.

The white paints are 1. Ceilings-Wattyl Soft Blush
2. Walls-Wattyl New Pale Cream
Thanks!
Wow!!!! what fantastic photos! Your kitchen is huge and you have so much cupboard space. You've really thought of everything! Well done. Love the paint choices too
Hi Martyme,
Love your kitchen drawers/cupboards/racks. Can I ask did you choose these at your kitchen/color selection as upgrades??
Thanks Bel
Looks great martme. the vegie racks are a great idea!
Fantastic choices on everything.....pulldown shirt rail...wow.....vegie racks......wowow.......walk in robe.......very wowow.
I am impressed and if you don't mind I now have to go and find out if I can install pull down shirt racks in WIR..... I am 5' NOTHING....and these would be very beneficial.
If you like all those sorts of accessories, check out this catalogue from HAFELE (swiss manufacturer) for fittings you can buy & install yourself, if DH, is handy. The compnay I work for (12 years now) uses these products almost exclusively & has never had any complaints from clients. Exceptional quality.

http://www.hafele.com.au/isapi/online/homecollection/homecollection.asp
Wow, very nice cabinetry you've got...

It's all looking great!

Looks like you really prepared for this house...

the attention to detail is great...

wish we have prepared more...

keep the photos coming!
As of today this house has been under construction for 9 months! According to our contact the builder now has to start paying penaltie for every week over 9 months that they go.

If what has been done this week (fitted sliding doors only) is anything to go by it could be late October or even November before we get in! Meanwhile we are having to pay interest on the construction loan, rental, storage costs and cat boarding fees.

Work still to be done:-

1. Kitchen cabinets altered as per specs
2. Benchtops installation
3. Toilets, bidet, basins,sinks, laundry trough installation and plumbing
4. Tiling of wet ares
5. Electrical fitout (lights, switches, powerpoints)
6. Ducted vacuum (supposed to have been done prior to plastering)
7. Water tank installation
8. Hot water system
9. Garage door
10. Rendering to front of house and canopy to be completed
11. Feature stack stone to front of house
12. Relocation of guttering and installation of rainwater cups
13. Side fence and gate
14. Front driveway
15. Securuty system installation
16. Flyscreens
18. Door furniture
These are just a few of the things that I can think of off the top of my head, so you could say we are getting mightly P****d off by the whole process

Soke to the Construction Supervisor today about our concerns and he said that he will try to speed things along! HA! Pigs may fly!

Sorry folks just had to vent a little steam.
Oh you poor thing, its horrible when things drag out!!

You are nearly there, they just need to pull their fingers out and do some work

keep ringing them everyday
Hi Martyme

Your cabinetry looks fantastic. About the delay, I think you have to just keep ringing and pushing for things to be done. If it is any consolation, our house is just passed look-up after 8 months and we are just a few weeks away from our contracted nine months. This builder is just too slow!!!! We hope with new management things will improve.
Ahhh.... martyme ... hate to ask but are you building in the part of Brookland Greens that has the gas problem?
Maybe a good thing if you haven't moved in yet?
Ooohhh I hope not
Lyn
Ahhh.... martyme ... hate to ask but are you building in the part of Brookland Greens that has the gas problem?
Maybe a good thing if you haven't moved in yet?

Unfortunately yes we are stuck right in the middle. After the meeting of residents tonight which was pretty rowdy I am thinking that the risk of explosions while real is not as great as I initially feared providing reasonble precautions are taken. ie: ensuring house is well ventilated, using monitoring equipment etc.

I am concerned about depretiation of house obviously, but as we were never building to sell in the short or mid term this should not impact us immediately.

Also concerned as to the time it may take to get house finished now (trades refusing to work on site) as we are currently paying interest on construction loan, Rent, Storage and cattery fees.

Will talk to builder & bank tomorrow.

Other concerns are will we be able to insure house when we eventually move in? What compensation will be available?

What really makes me angry is that until yesterday we had had no information from the council regarding the problems, this is despite owning the land since Dec '06 yet they have been able to send us rates notices to both my old home and just 3 weeks ago to my rental address!

Anyway there is very little we can do except talk to the lawyers and hope we don't lose too much. It could be worse I guess lets hope all concerned get off their backsides and resolve the mess ASAP

I also guess that this means the pictures will dry up for a time
Hi martyme,

I just read about this in the paper...it is absolutely outrageous

I'm so sorry that you are caught up in this. Developers/council must of been aware of the potential problem and still decided to go ahead with the estate?

Hope it works out for you because you have such a beautiful home in the making

Mrs B
Hi Martyme,

I too have just been reading about it and listening to it on the radio - it's absolutely outrageous!!!

Hope it works out for you - Neil Mitchell is on to it
Related
3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum