Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

and our blind saga is finally resolved!!!

Page 5 of 81
I think we all swamped the shire all at the same time lol....

I'm sure I'm not the only one desperately waiting for their building approval back from shire....
We also saw our kitchen in a DA display, the Homestead in Caversham. We also found that the DA plans were too pricey. So we took the kitchen added our own touches and built the rest of the house around it too lol!
Hope your council approval comes soon

Mrs Rex
DA do have the best kitchens in their displays!!!

You plan looks great
Thats so frustrating butter that council is taking forever.. thankfully i got shire approval before i even knew plans were submitted which was nice.. i remember when everyones land was getting titled in december.. we had a new plan with a few other houses and they wouldnt title because someone was on leave for 4 weeks and nobody was doing her job.. ridiculous
Hi guys,

I actually got my building license despite the setback issue we had two weeks ago now, we actually waiting on Developer's approval would you believe?!
congrats dravenjjc.. thats exciting.. atleast corimbia doesnt take too long to approve.. more and more people joining the race
whoooho finally the day has come.....

finance approval.... and shire building approval both came through today

So excited we are finally going to construction....the countdown has begun

I still have my heart set on pad down by the 20th July... builder's general time frame is 6-8 weeks from approval stage lets hope that's a worse case situation and the pad will be down within one month fingers crossed
PixelBit
Hi Butterbing just thought I'd chime in to say that floorplan is amazing! We are just in the middle of purchasing a block in Corimbia (one of those new 600sq lots awaiting titles) a few weeks ago at and must say I'm quite excited to see what our future neighbours are doing there too. I also can understand the difficulties of going through display home after display homes with kids in tow as we have almost 2yr old twins with short fuses in tow.

looking forward to see the updates on your build journey!

Just going through my thread and looks like I missed this one sorry Pixelbit
Haven't been out to see where the new 600sq blocks are yet but I did notice them advertised on the Corimbia window.
600sq minimum was a must have for us. We were just very lucky to pick up a re-sale at a good price. The new blocks would of been getting out of our price range...

Building with 2yr old twins lol...good luck with that

Ventured out with kids in tow to Alkimos and Baldivis a couple of times and decided never...ever again lol
Mind you they did survive hours in Beacon Lighting and Reece plumbing without any issues lol...
Amazing how much time a couple of DS's can give you lol
butterbing
whoooho finally the day has come.....

finance approval.... and shire building approval both came through today

So excited we are finally going to construction....the countdown has begun

Yay!!! Congrats! Great timing getting them both sorted together
Now every time I drive down the main strip of Corimbia I'll be looking at your block hoping to see some movement!
Edited
Love the theatre modular with sofa bed, very practical!
Edited
Oh I need sofa for kids activity room. Where's that from?
Edited
Yeah it sounds great. Good discount too
great choices..im trying hard not to go to any furniture stores until closer to house is complete.. so hard
Edited
Edited
butterbing
I think I'm banned from going shopping until the house is finished!!!!

hahaha I'm not allowed to go shopping too until at least we have cabinets in the house! I have bad track record (bought two wedding dresses)
Yes I'm trying to apply the hand brake on spending also.....Hard work though
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum