Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

building with Henley in The Point

Page 1 of 1
Finally we have decided on a house and paid the initial deposit. We are off to cosham to do the information session. Am really pleased so far as everything we have been told has been accurate. Paid second deposit last week as was told to expect a call the following week from Henley. I got the call today and they have already booked in three appointments. Colour selection, tender and then contract. I have found everything to this point excellent. We have been told after attending the information session we can visit cosham any weekday to view samples so we have an idea of what we like come our colour appointment. If the rest of the process is as organised as this I will be one very happy customer. I know there will be hiccups along the way but as long as there is communication I will be happy. We are building the emperor nouveau Q1. I will do my best to keep you updated along the way. Look forward to hearing other experiences both with Henley or others building in the area.
Hi congrats with the planning stage and the build. We are building with Henley too. We are in the final stage and they are taking ever to finish small things. Some times the communication is lacking. Anyway all the best and please don't hesitate to ask if you need any info. J
Hi jagsrk thanks for the reply. How was the rest of your build. Did you have many problems and how did you go with selection stage. I seen you said things are going a bit slower towards the end, how were they from the start of building. Did it move along at a steady pace. Also one last question I was reading through the folder they give you and it says they don't really like you being on site to much but they make sure they keep you updated. Did you get to see much during the building process. Thanks sorry for the question overload.
Sorry for the late reply.

We had many problems during the entire build. Most of them are minor. I suggest you to go to the site as much as possible and pick up defects early. Though the builder says not to go to the site without someone from the them, we had no issues going on the site. Just be careful and don't get hurt!!

Selection stage was really great because we have done so much research online, magazines and visited cosham interiors few times before our colour selection. Mainitain a scrap book with your ideas and take it to your colours appointment.

I recommend you to organise for regular catch-ups with your Site Supervisor and ask him about the completed and scheduled jobs. During this meeting, go through all the defects you noticed during your sneak-ins!

Any agreements with SS should be confirmed in writing. Also I highly recommend to get an independent building inspector at Frame, Lockup (Pre Plaster) and Final inspections.

J
[img][IMG]http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p650/lcos2/IMG_1690_zps1e2dd873.jpg[/img][/img]

we added a rumpus to the back of the house

[img
][/img]

this is upstairs plan we didn't change any of the layout

[img][IMG]http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p650/lcos2/IMG_1353_zpsbf7c13c6.jpg[/img][/img]

downstairs we changed the front lounge to another master suite

[img][IMG]http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p650/lcos2/IMG_1676_zpsf04652be.jpg[/img][/img]

this is a mixture of tile and splash back colours we have picked.

we are doing our carpet and floorboards after we settle.

we are waiting on land release everything that can be done has been done. all finances and papers have been put in so once land is released we can submit to council. we are so excited and just cant wait to move into our new house.
it is a waiting game isn't it! What a huge WIR.
Related
3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum