Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling build

Page 42 of 44
thanks everyone! our exposed aggregate looks awesome, I'm so in love

Unfortunately toilet is already blocked and gutters leaking...

And look what DH found in the drain in both showers, I'm not sure what's blocking the toilet....

janicec

Unfortunately toilet is already blocked and gutters leaking...

And look what DH found in the drain in both showers, I'm not sure what's blocking the toilet....

..probably more crap( pun intended). Note to self....remember to check drainage at handover.
That's bad news janice. Hopefully it's nothing serious. How is it possible to get that much crap into the drain? Surely they're capped off until just before tiling????
wow.i remember when I had tiles redoing my tiles in the house im living in now .they washed there mess down my drains and blocked them. I would email your buider photos even if you have unblocked them
The plumber is coming out tomorrow to fix the toilet but no words for the leaking gutters. Well, lots of words and promises, but no action!

oncewerefurriers
That's bad news janice. Hopefully it's nothing serious. How is it possible to get that much crap into the drain? Surely they're capped off until just before tiling????

They are capped, we suspect the tiler did it...

Melsie68
wow.i remember when I had tiles redoing my tiles in the house im living in now .they washed there mess down my drains and blocked them. I would email your buider photos even if you have unblocked them

The toilet is still blocked. That's just what we found in both showers, when we use the shower the toilet bubbles...

Joy!
That happened to us!!! When we used the sink in the ensuite the toilet would bubble! Found out the plumbers didn't bother removing the foam packing from the pipe that goes to the vent outside? Make sure you open all windows and turn the fans on when they come...Some really good spray wouldn't hurt either
oh dear, I'm so glad I'll be at work
Sorry to hear about the drainage.. so frustrating.. its amazing what can be found after the tradies have finished
Wow so much stuff in the drain. Our laundry floor waste was filled with cement. We still not sure if its been cleared completely but not willing to tip bucket down just incase. Luckily its not in shower or anything. Id also recommend running all taps in sinks for a minute or so. Wasn't til handover I discovered scullery sink was blocked and it flooded everywhere
Oh my goodness! You've inspired me to have a peek in to our drains. That's just crazy. Good luck getting the toilet issue resolved.
toilet drama continues.... finally pin the plumber down again, and he had to call the tunnel vision guy out and discovered we have a burst drain. Hopefully they will come back to fix it tomorrow once and for all. Our ensuite doesn't have a door, so the bedroom stinks... at least we're dealing with the plumber directly, doesn't have to wait for some hopeless middleman....

We've got fake lawn

Lawn looks so good!!!

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Which company did you use? Nice to see some green outside the windows
We used Evergreen just around the corner.
(thanks butterbing for the rec
)
Which grass did you go for we are still undecided
we picked the california, perhaps oasis (the longer version of california) suits you better if it's for kids playground.
lol I had to come back and edit this post our first choice is actually Oasis. We were looking at Emerald originally but the salesman gave us an address of a house that has Oasis installed in the front garden and after seeing it we moved it to our first option
Oh no, hope the plumbing gets sorted out quick smart!
WOW i cant believe all the stuff you found in your drains! You have definitely inspired me to check all our drains when the time comes!

Love the grass looks awesome
Oh man, thats crazy that you had that much rubble stuff in your shower and blocked toilet thats not cool, hope they sort that out for you ASAP!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum