Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 3 of 163
Hi - has anybody already built votivo 37 - what is the largest Entrance door size that will fit in - would a 1200mm door fit as an entrance door
We've altered our Milan so we can have a 1200mm wide pivot door, pEast. By taking 20cm from two of our rooms, we widened the entry to have the bigger door.

Hope that helps!
thanks for the info BigRedDoor - I think your entrance will look amazing because I have seen the entrance of Fairhaven home's Bryon in Clydevale display home - Can you please let me know how much it cost for everything - I am looking at putting it on Votivo 37 - land titles in May 17
pEast, there was no extra charge to alter the width of the entry. The pivot door was around $1650 for a 2340mm high x 1200mm Corinthian stained timber. We've found Arden's upgrades to be pretty reasonable compared to others.
that's pretty good - does it include Pivot entry frame (stained)
Hi
Has anybody upgraded tiles from 450x450 to 300x600. What was the cost.
Thx
Hi BigRedDoor

Are you planning on putting a concrete path around the house? I am planning but not sure whether the concreters would have experience with Hebel product
Hey there pEast;

Yes, the door frame is stained too.

We would have loved to upgrade the tiles to 300mm x 600mm, but the labour cost was more than we were prepared to pay, so we've stuck with the standard tiles to wet areas.

Good question about the concrete path. It's definitely planned, and I hadn't considered the extra risk to having concreters play that close to our beautiful white hebel walls. Will make sure we go for skilled trades rather than cheapest

How are your plans coming along?
Hi BigRedDoor

land to title around May 17. Have locked in Arden Votivo 37 with alfresco with Kids growing up. Moved the rumpus in line with living/dining and Alfresco along with laundry. Gone with Hebel cos saving money with new 2 colour developer guidelines and some other stupid things - have to put driveway before the occupancy certificate - submit front yard landscape plan
it is my first build. Just waiting to sell the old house.
Did u have submit front yard landscape plan.
Building Votivo 37
Added Alfresco+Balcony

http://peastvotivo37.blogspot.com.au/
BigRedDoor
Hey there pEast;

Yes, the door frame is stained too.

We would have loved to upgrade the tiles to 300mm x 600mm, but the labour cost was more than we were prepared to pay, so we've stuck with the standard tiles to wet areas.

Good question about the concrete path. It's definitely planned, and I hadn't considered the extra risk to having concreters play that close to our beautiful white hebel walls. Will make sure we go for skilled trades rather than cheapest

How are your plans coming along?

Hi BigRedDoor

Any idea how much Arden charge for junction box for a Fan, batten +noggin and additional downlights+porch light
Thx
20amp junction box is $237 32amp is $293
Additional download $140

We are building the votivo 43now. You can see the progress here.
Http://ourardenhome.wordpress.com
Wow Androolz - lots of similarities between issues at your site and ours.

Sorry to hear you're having a less than fun time!
Has anyone taken up the Hebel $2000 cash back offer?
I've been researching a lot about it and very interested in taking up the offer.
Hi Laijer

I have taken hebel offer but my land titles August 17. I have visited a couple Porter davis being built with Hebel in Livingston estate along Elmsile and starling st in parks edge.

How much did it cost to increase the garage
Hi BigRedDoor,

What issues are you experiencing?

Hi PEast

our garage was extended by 7.45m2 it was price at $4,247
Laijer - ours is hebel. Swing by and take a look. I think you're near us??

Androolz - don't know how much I should say on here, but will likely update the blog in the next day or two. Just have to collect my thoughts and not turn it into a rant that I may later regret! It's been a trying few weeks with things not as expected on-site. Our garage and plumbing issues are almost identical to yours though, which is REALLY interesting.
So finally get a call for colour selection and Contract signing and the good thing is its all in Year 2017 around January - But looking at the build process of BigRedDoor and Androoz - just a bit worried - Will go with independent inspector - so looking for one
Great that things are moving pEast.
The delay could be a good thing as it'll give you plenty of time to refine and review your plans before contract

We had a site meeting today and I'm happy to say that everything looks to be back on track. Really great communication and a problem-solving approach, which has made us feel a lot more comfortable. Still progressing at a great rate of knots. Internal doors, skirts and arc's are underway. We're rendered, downpipes installed. It's coming together beautifully!
Hi BigRedDoor

Yeah you are right. It gives us time to just go through properly. Its great to hear that Arden are at last listening to you. I would love to see that Entrance door when its put up. Do you think you will make by Christmas.

I too have gone with 1200 door and luckily they took just around 5cm away from Study. I just liked it the moment I saw that door on Fairhaven's Byron in Clydevale display. Hope, now your house process becomes good and they built it that good quality they talk about.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum