Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 134 of 163
how fustrating manj! something isnt working obviously in their organisation. it was weeks and we hadnt even heard back from them. it was only when the ombudsman got involved that UE called us next day. glad it's over now
[quote="laaa"]how fustrating manj! something isnt working obviously in their organisation. it was weeks and we hadnt even heard back from them. it was only when the ombudsman got involved that UE called us next day. glad it's over

@laa ... the company is been sold off to China and they are re- structuring ...

Don’t even get me started with UE.

Does anyone know if Arden insulates between floors as standard inclusion or is it just the first floor ceiling?

Ezza78
Does anyone know if Arden insulates between floors as standard inclusion or is it just the first floor ceiling?

I dont think so because I asked for it and was quoted a sum ...
Ezza78

Not as standard. I have asked for sound insulation to be added between the floors.

dave398
Ezza78

Not as standard. I have asked for sound insulation to be added between the floors.

How much Dave? Too late for us though.

Ezza78
dave398
Ezza78

Was just over a grand from memory. I did certain walls in the house too.

dave398
Ezza78
dave398

Hi dave398, was it R2.5 sound screen ceiling insulation batts? (In between floor joists)? I have been quoted 3k
Manj
dave398
Ezza78
[quote="dave398"]Not as standard. I have asked for sound insulation to be added between the floors.

Hi dave398, was it R2.5 sound screen ceiling insulation batts? (In between floor joists)? I have been quoted 3k[/quote]I will go back and check my paperwork. I could be telling ****** about the price. Spent so much now it's all just a blur

dave398
Manj
dave398

Hi dave398, was it R2.5 sound screen ceiling insulation batts? (In between floor joists)? I have been quoted 3k

I will go back and check my paperwork. I could be telling ****** about the price. Spent so much now it's all just a blur

Thanks much appreciated
Does it work? Sound installation? I never thought of it’s we were ins solid brick house with brick internal walls. Now I’m in a rental I’m like, dang! Didn’t think about sound proofing. Except for double glazing.

I just checked and I paid $2600 for R3.0 soundscreen to the ground floor ceiling and $1600 for R2.5 soundscreen to bedroom walls upstairs and theatre walls downstairs.

The reason I added it was due to living in a rental myself and I could here everything going on upstairs or in the next room. Time will tell how good it is.

With my prices, bare in mind I signed my tender about 12 months ago.

My build update since I haven't posted any pics for a while.

dave398
My build update since I haven't posted any pics for a while.

Bifolds? Nice!!!!

Great view from entrance!!

dave398
I just checked and I paid $2600 for R3.0 soundscreen to the ground floor ceiling and $1600 for R2.5 soundscreen to bedroom walls upstairs and theatre walls downstairs.

The reason I added it was due to living in a rental myself and I could here everything going on upstairs or in the next room. Time will tell how good it is.

With my prices, bare in mind I signed my tender about 12 months ago.

Thanks dave398...
Hi all, does the final plans indicate slopes for showers so that water reaches water waste outlet?
Also, for alfresco, is there a slab slope going outwards so that water does not pool at the alfresco entrance/door or is there any water drain point in alfresco included?
Good question, I don’t know, hopefully re: alfresco as my slab is already poured. There is no drain included. We are putting deck over it but it is under roof line so should get too much water

gags
Hi all, does the final plans indicate slopes for showers so that water reaches water waste outlet?
Also, for alfresco, is there a slab slope going outwards so that water does not pool at the alfresco entrance/door or is there any water drain point in alfresco included?
Yes in your contract plan it will show the slope details required for the shower.

*Note - if you requested for additional floor wastes outside the shower like i did (i have them in the laundry and all wet areas including toilets), they are not screeded/sloped.

For the alfresco, I don't think it's sloped as it is under the roof, and there isn't any drainage as well (unless of course you request for one).

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum